Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Arguably, Sam’s ideal victory over Walker would be to demonstrate he *could* beat him... but end up subduing him emotionally, philosophically, and mentally instead somehow. That way, Sam gets to show he’s tough enough for the job... but he also gets to show how right Steve was to pick him.
    I think John will probably be discharged from his duty, so I don't see him and Sam fighting. I could see him try to redeem himself, while Sam shows through better behavior why he's the right successor

Fantastic Member

Loving the show but just a fun reminder...inexperienced Peter nearly 1 v 2ed the titular characters of this show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Loving the show but just a fun reminder...inexperienced Peter nearly 1 v 2ed the titular characters of this show.
    I always find this weird. Why is Spider-Man so strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I always find this weird. Why is Spider-Man so strong?
    He's superhuman. How else is a 15 year old gonna fight crime?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He's superhuman. How else is a 15 year old gonna fight crime?
    I mean, why is ranked so highly by some? I feel like most Avengers could defeat him.

Spider-Man has the proportionate strength of a spider (which when utilized is surprisingly strong) and ostensibly he's supposed to be super fast, clever, intuitive, and hard to predict.

Holland's Spidey's pretty inconsistent though.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Arguably, Sam’s ideal victory over Walker would be to demonstrate he *could* beat him... but end up subduing him emotionally, philosophically, and mentally instead somehow. That way, Sam gets to show he’s tough enough for the job... but he also gets to show how right Steve was to pick him.
    I think they'll try and talk Walker down, but I think they have a better chance with Karli than Walker. I don't think he's in the mood to talk.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I think it would be good if Sam resolved everything peacefully with those two. It would prove he's roght. I think Zemo will be the one they'll have ro physically fight

Astonishing Member

I mean, why is ranked so highly by some? I feel like most Avengers could defeat him.
    Spider-man in the comics is stronger than cap or anyone with a super soldier serum. He supposedly when ranked can lift 10 tons which puts him in Luke cage territory in the comics. They have made super soldier people way more powerful than they are in the comics. Cap is supposed to be peak human which means he can lift 800 lbs. But in these movies he is stronger than that. That being said spidey in the MCU is still stronger than cap. He did hold a massive boat together which broke in half. But power levels are really flexible in this genre thats for sure. I like Captain America but even in the comics they use to show him go toe to toe with spidey and it annoyed me. Realistically if there is such a thing in this genre spidey could destroy cap. He is way stronger, way faster, has spider sense and well every advantage except fighting skills. In this show you know how they show the super soldiers just wailing on new cap? Well that would be the same as spider-man on old cap.

Ultimate Member

Talking

Spider-man is very strong and very,very fast. He's one of the few characters in comics that legit uses his strength and speed to the max. Combine with this Spider-sense (which is actually a type of pre-cognition) and the guy's a beast.

That's why he's taken down (hard) guys far stronger than like the Rhino and gazumped the X-men in Secret Wars.

Apart from the heavy hitters like Thor or Iron Man or Vision, he'll take out most of the Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Spider-man in the comics is stronger than cap or anyone with a super soldier serum. He supposedly when ranked can lift 10 tons which puts him in Luke cage territory in the comics. They have made super soldier people way more powerful than they are in the comics. Cap is supposed to be peak human which means he can lift 800 lbs. But in these movies he is stronger than that. That being said spidey in the MCU is still stronger than cap. He did hold a massive boat together which broke in half. But power levels are really flexible in this genre thats for sure. I like Captain America but even in the comics they use to show him go toe to toe with spidey and it annoyed me. Realistically if there is such a thing in this genre spidey could destroy cap. He is way stronger, way faster, has spider sense and well every advantage except fighting skills. In this show you know how they show the super soldiers just wailing on new cap? Well that would be the same as spider-man on old cap.
    Exactly.

Captain America is wrapped in the tighest of plot armour.

No Spidey if not nerfed is pretty capable. Hulk and Thor are clearly out his league. Again Hulks written inconsistently too though. One minute he's having a hard time tagging Wolverjne or Spider-Man. Next he's tagging Thor or grabbing Silver surfer out the air while he's moving at the speed of light. Think the in canon excuse was that Banner subconsciously holds Hulk back when he's fights weaker people he could really hurt like Spidey.

Anyway taking away tech to nullify his spidey sense. Spidey should take Ironman. His spidey sense is insanely OP when written effectively. Spidey has the strength to hurt Avengers below Hulk and Thor. But with his spidey sense they will have a hell of a time landing a blow. If they are smart they can overload it but just in pure power. Spidey his above alot of avengers. Most of them I'd say.

Ultimate Member

Super-reflexes and a danger sense. He's not as strong as Thor, but like twenty times stronger than Captain America (in the comics, anyway, MCU Cap is quite a bit stronger, but even then, Spidey is probably five times stronger). He's fast enough to dodge bullets, and he can sense them coming before the trigger is even pulled, so he's really almost untouchable in a fight, except vs an undodgeable attack, like a spray of shrapnel or an explosion. His web is also as strong as steel, able to hold even people like Cap and the Winter Soldier once their webbed up (as shown in Civil War).

He's not Thor strong or Flash fast, but, like Wonder Woman, a very effective combination of strength and speed.

A well-written powerhouse like Thor or Hulk can still take him out, even if they can't touch him, by clapping their hands and creating a shockwave that can't be dodged, or something like that, but it's not as easy as just punching him or throwing zaps at him (and Pete's really good at using his witty quips and infuriating banter to keep people out of his weight class too angry to think of tactics like that...).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-12-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Super-reflexes and a danger sense. He's not as strong as Thor, but like twenty times stronger than Captain America (in the comics, anyway, MCU Cap is quite a bit stronger, but even then, Spidey is probably five times stronger). He's fast enough to dodge bullets, and he can sense them coming before the trigger is even pulled, so he's really almost untouchable in a fight, except vs an undodgeable attack, like a spray of shrapnel or an explosion. His web is also as strong as steel, able to hold even people like Cap and the Winter Soldier once their webbed up (as shown in Civil War).

He's not Thor strong or Flash fast, but, like Wonder Woman, a very effective combination of strength and speed.

A well-written powerhouse like Thor or Hulk can still take him out, even if they can't touch him, by clapping their hands and creating a shockwave that can't be dodged, or something like that, but it's not as easy as just punching him or throwing zaps at him (and Pete's really good at using his witty quips and infuriating banter to keep people out of his weight class too angry to think of tactics like that...).
    Yeah, when it comes to combat abilities, Spider-Man is probably one of the best, and most thoroughly thought-out protagonists in comics. It's been pretty impressive that they've been as consistent with him as they have.

Ultimate Member

He's pretty cool, no doubt, but I think any of the Iron Men, Thors, Captains Marvel, Vision, Doctor Strange, Hulks, Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch could beat him. I like him a lot, but I think he's only able to defeat Avengers like Captain America or Black Panther from what I've seen. Although him taking out both WS and Falcon in Civil War was pretty cool

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

He's pretty cool, no doubt, but I think any of the Iron Men, Thors, Captains Marvel, Vision, Doctor Strange, Hulks, Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch could beat him. I like him a lot, but I think he's only able to defeat Avengers like Captain America or Black Panther from what I've seen. Although him taking out both WS and Falcon in Civil War was pretty cool
    You're pretty much saying that unless it's an absolute tank or a god-tier character than Spider-Man can take them...and yet making it seem dismissive.