Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So basically, Sam is in the employ of the government, and Sword would have rather have desecrated Vision's body to handle Wanda, vs. asking Sam to talk her down.

Yeah, them Accords are great...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So basically, Sam is in the employ of the government, and Sword would have rather have desecrated Vision's body to handle Wanda, vs. asking Sam to talk her down.

Yeah, them Accords are great...
    Well they'd probably be afraid he'd empathize with her and not take her down if necessary. I mean, they didn't really want Monica to try and talk her down either.

Plus Flacon isn't really a powerhouse, so sending him against the person who almost soloed Thanos wouldn't be seen as a great plan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well they'd probably be afraid he'd empathize with her and not take her down if necessary. I mean, they didn't really want Monica to try and talk her down either.

Plus Flacon isn't really a powerhouse, so sending him against the person who almost soloed Thanos wouldn't be seen as a great plan.
    They were on the run together for years. They're good friends, an emotional connection that certainly would have helped, IMO

I guess Hayward probably didn't want an Avenger there who would have objected to whatever plans they had in store for Vision and would've been in support of Wanda.

Which suddenly does explain why SWORD never tried contacting anyone Wanda knew.

They were on the run together for years. They're good friends, an emotional connection that certainly would have helped, IMO
    You're missing my point. They didn't want to talk Wanda down. That was never Hayward's intentions. Flacon being close to Wanda would be a reason Hayward wouldn't want him involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was so weird to see Sharon and Zemo in the credits when they're not even in the episode .
    I noticed that they didn't show their names yet though. There might be another character represented in the credits as well who hasn't appeared yet.

I'd send Bucky to reason with Wanda over Falcon. He understands what it is to be considered a weapon. But all that might not be necessary. We don't really know where Wanda's headspace is right now. People are making a lot of assumptions based on the end credits scene. The story should play out first.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You're missing my point. They didn't want to talk Wanda down. That was never Hayward's intentions. Flacon being close to Wanda would be a reason Hayward wouldn't want him involved.
    Exactly this. People still think Hayward was being sincere for some reason. He's the Gyrich of the show.

I think Between Sam and Bucky like 50 people got killed this episode. Wonder if after Sam becomes Cap that Torres will become Falcon. Also is Red Wing a complex A.I now? Cause Sam just talked to it and told it what to do. In the past it seemed more like a drone or maybe capable of simple actions on its own.

Anyway good first episode. Being an Avenger sucks apparently. I'm sure when Tony was alive he made sure everyone was good but the fact they weren't officaly on payroll ans the such is crazy. Especially since Sam and Wanda probably were in need of money. Cap and Bucky probably got a **** ton of back pay in benefits from the military. Doubt that Bucky does but he should. My uncle was reported K.I.A in Vietnam and when he got to the states they fought him. Saying he wasn't who he said he was, and that real person died in Vietnam(He was Born in Samoa a long time ago so it was easy for them to sweep him aside.) But after like 30years he finally hired a lawyer and got 30years of benefits.

Extraordinary Member

The opening sequence was AWESOME. Who needs a shield when you got wings like that damn..Hope they don't go too long in the tooth with this Bucky being a bad communicator it's a lil tired already.

Good to see GSP back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Plus Sam doesn't know Pepper as far as we've been shown. If they've ever been in the same place besides Tony's funeral, that hasn't been shown to be the case so far. No reason for us (the audience) to assume he knows her well enough to ask for $$$.
    Look I know this is a comic book show, and they want to try and throw in some real world issues. But Falcon is a gov employee who just helped save half the universe. I don't think no matter what he would have an issue getting a loan for a boat. They are stretching here a little.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Look I know this is a comic book show, and they want to try and throw in some real world issues. But Falcon is a gov employee who just helped save half the universe. I don't think no matter what he would have an issue getting a loan for a boat. They are stretching here a little.
    A VA loan maybe but I don't know why any bank would give him one. Before the blip we don't know if he had any income. He was on the run for a couple years and before that was a volunteer with the Avengers. Before that he was a counselor. His financial situation it probably a nightmare.

Also as far as going to Pepper. I can only speak for myself, I can't ask people for ****. My pride won't let me do it. A loan from a bank is different then asking someone personally. Especially since Pepper just lost her husband and became a single mother. He probably wouldn't even wanna burden her with the ask. That's assuming he even knows her and if not Rhodey would be the guy. But again I can't ask friends or family for money. My mom was the one exception when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    If you think about it for a bit, it's like how Spider-man is treated even though he's saved NY so many times. The universe is very what have you done for me lately.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If you think about it for a bit, it's like how Spider-man is treated even though he's saved NY so many times. The universe is very what have you done for me lately.
    Or basically mutant hate as a whole.

I was talking about this in another sub but sometimes the static nature of these universes is detrimental to logic and storytelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Or basically mutant hate as a whole.

I was talking about this in another sub but sometimes the static nature of these universes is detrimental to logic and storytelling
    A lot of fiction is.