Page 72 of 145 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    And I'm pretty sure Rhodey could take out a supersoldier. Even Wasp probably could
    I guess if she got into their ear, maybe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's why I don't see Zemo wanting any of them to survive.

How many of them can we actually count on, though?

I guess if Tony was able to hold his own against Cap and Bucky, Rhodey could probably take down a Super Soldier or two.
    Rhodey’s weaponry seems to be far more lethal than Tony’s. Not mention that Tony wasn’t trying to kill Captain America and completely vaporized Bucky’s arm, I’m sure Rhodey could take down majority of them.

Ultimate Member

I guess if she got into their ear, maybe.
    She could blast one of them in the eye, then knock them down. plus shrinking and flying lets her dodge attacks

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Rhodey’s weaponry seems to be far more lethal than Tony’s. Not mention that Tony wasn’t trying to kill Captain America and completely vaporized Bucky’s arm, I’m sure Rhodey could take down majority of them.
    Cap only won because he was swinging an indestructible shield in a confined space. Without that , I doubt the Flag Smashers could do much to him

Ultimate Member

Rhodey could obliterate a Flag Smasher. I don't think he eould or should, but he could

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    And I'm pretty sure Rhodey could take out a supersoldier. Even Wasp probably could
    Super Soldiers aren't bulletproof. They've already shown that with enough bullets, one can be put down for good. Hell, even Steve was nearly killed by Bucky in The Winter Soldier. So yeah, Rhodey could definitely take them out. Wasp would probably have a harder time of it, though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Super Soldiers aren't bulletproof. They've already shown that with enough bullets, one can be put down for good. Hell, even Steve was nearly killed by Bucky in The Winter Soldier. So yeah, Rhodey could definitely take them out. Wasp would probably have a harder time of it, though.
    I don't think she'd do it as easily, but with shrinking, flying and electricity, I think she'd stand a good chance against one of them

The MCU has tended to make their Super Soldiers a little more super than is often depicted in the comics. Especially in their durability, taking fall damage, taking bullets, etc. Originally the serum was only supposed to make a person be the height of physical perfection, wasn't supposed to give them super powers.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Plus never tiring doing strenuous activities, namely fighting. A Google search moves that from "never" to "up to 12 hours" which is still a long time and something a regular human who achieved peak physical perfection without the serum (Walker) can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Plus never tiring doing strenuous activities, namely fighting. A Google search moves that from "never" to "up to 12 hours" which is still a long time and something a regular human who achieved peak physical perfection without the serum (Walker) can't do.
    Yeah, you saw a pretty stark change from Walker fighting the Flag-Smashers without the serum to when he was fighting them after taking it.

Yeah, you saw a pretty stark change from Walker fighting the Flag-Smashers without the serum to when he was fighting them after taking it.
    Yep. Not to be funny, but those who think its just a shortcut to peak physical perfection could miss that. Its not JUST that its the not tiring early plus hand eye coordination. Also, Blonsky's version (pre Banner blood) gave him something of a healing factor but I think the "normal" serum/variants at the very least cuts recovery time squarely in half.

Its kind of insane and scary to think what a super soldier can do. People keep referencing Civil War, I'm thinking of Avengers ONE where when Stark and Rogers were arguing (thanks to the scepter), Steve kept telling Tony to put on the suit to make it somewhat of a fair fight. Karli and her crew are untrained, imagine if Nagel's formula wound up with a paramilitary group instead. Karli et al being untrained is the only thing remotely close to making it a fair fight vs a slaughter.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yep. Not to be funny, but those who think its just a shortcut to peak physical perfection could miss that. Its not JUST that its the not tiring early plus hand eye coordination. Also, Blonsky's version (pre Banner blood) gave him something of a healing factor but I think the "normal" serum/variants at the very least cuts recovery time squarely in half.

Its kind of insane and scary to think what a super soldier can do. People keep referencing Civil War, I'm thinking of Avengers ONE where when Stark and Rogers were arguing (thanks to the scepter), Steve kept telling Tony to put on the suit to make it somewhat of a fair fight. Karli and her crew are untrained, imagine if Nagel's formula wound up with a paramilitary group instead. Karli et al being untrained is the only thing remotely close to making it a fair fight vs a slaughter.

Funny. In the comics, most of the Power Broker's experimentee's-USAgent ,Battlestar, D-Man, are in the 10-15 ton range and didn't get their powers from the sss. Stronger than the comics Cap. not sure where MCU Cap is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Funny. In the comics, most of the Power Broker's experimentee's-USAgent ,Battlestar, D-Man, are in the 10-15 ton range and didn't get their powers from the sss. Stronger than the comics Cap. not sure where MCU Cap is.
    At least a 1-ton-er, maybe 2. If he's able to curl a helicopter and prevent it from taking off. 10-15 range is Spider-Man range, it would be even scarier to imagine a ss with that kind of strength and damage soak to match.

Extraordinary Member

One thing I think last episode established pretty well was that when our costumed heroes/associates know they’re facing super soldiers, they show considerably greater success bringing their training to bear in combat, including Walker once he gets the serum himself. Sam especially shows considerable skill in using his tech and skills to go toe-to-toe successfully, though we also see Bucky and Walker generally prove superior one-on-one.

One thing I’m curious about with Walker, though, is how much he was set up as a propaganda piece or seen as an actual operative - a pistol isn’t exactly likely to be the kind of weaponry he most excels at, and while he was capable fo doing some shield stuff without the serum, he still seems under equipped for anything beyond what amounts to police work.

Was Walker meant to be the GRC’s idea of how to do a propaganda piece? Or did someone in the GRC really think “Just give a great soldier a shield!”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Is it possible Walker was simply meant to be a symbol to help with despair post-blip, but he took it too seriously? As in, minus the SS he was never meant to really replace Steve but somehow he's the only one that wasn't in on that fact? Or at least deluded himself to think he could prove folks wrong, that he could be as good as Steve or even better.