Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2161
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
    The one rather abnormal/inconsistent thing with Zemo and his mission is that you would think he would be more technophobic or anti-artificial intelligence than simply anti-super soldier now.

After all, it was Ultron, created by two scientists (Stark and Banner as normal scientists, not necessarily Iron Man and the Hulk battling it out), who ended up getting his family killed. Sure beings with extraordinary abilities failed to protect everyone and moved on when he couldn't. And I can understand his initial motivations for trying to get them to kill each other in a civil war.

But they also stopped the entire planet from being wiped out by Thanos and, on their second attempt, brought back half the population of the universe.

If anything, at this point he should either be trying to wipe out anything Stark built/remains of his legacy in terms of questionable technological advances, or going after any government agency or private company trying to make more Visions or other AI that can wreak havoc on the world and kill humans more efficiently.
    Ultron and the Avengers both destroyed Sokovia as far as Zemo is concerned.

But Ultron is dead and the man most responsible for creating him is also dead and the Avengers are disbanded. Ultron's dead creator was also the only person who can design a working suit of Iron Man armor. Which was arguably the second most dangerous piece of kit the Avengers had. The first was technically Vision who is also destroyed/dead and beyond repair at this point.

So Zemo was running out of credible targets for his grudge. His beef with Super Soliders can be explained by Zemo being an Eastern European who knows the formula's history.

Everyone who ever touched that stuff other than Steve Rodgers (Zemo seems not to have known about Isaiah at all) racked up a body count of innocents in Zemo's backyard. Or were willing Hydra agents who wanted to be juiced up so they could rack up a bigger and better body count in Zemo's backyard. If Hydra hadn't been forced to freeze them for thier own safety, they would have too.

Killing the sleeping Winter Soldier/Super Soldier squad may have been a sidequest for Zemo in Civil War, but with the Avengers out of commission it's become his main concern.

It doesn't hurt that the Flag Smashers mainly operate in Eastern Europe. You can see how Zemo would think, "not this @#$% again".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Something that occurred to me. How did Bucky know where to find Isaiah if the military declared him dead?
    I am pretty sure being the premiere assassin in the world for 60 years he picked up some skills tracking people down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am pretty sure being the premiere assassin in the world for 60 years he picked up some skills tracking people down.
    Bucky's brain was in a blender for most of that, though. He dealt with the targets, isn't like he developed assets to assist him in intelligence gathering.

Astonishing Member

Bucky's brain was in a blender for most of that, though. He dealt with the targets, isn't like he developed assets to assist him in intelligence gathering.

Well yes and no. I think once he was sent on a mission he had independent thought for tracking people down when things didn't go as planned. But that was just my impression.

Something that occurred to me. How did Bucky know where to find Isaiah if the military declared him dead?
    Maybe Hydra knew where he was the whole time but didn't kill him because he wasn't causing them any trouble and if he went public with his experiences, it would only make the USA look bad and not Hydra.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Maybe Hydra knew where he was the whole time but didn't kill him because he wasn't causing them any trouble and if he went public with his experiences, it would only make the USA look bad and not Hydra.
    I wonder if the truth about Isaiah will be exposed

Bucky remembers everything he did as Winter Soldier. He said as much to Tony in CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wonder if the truth about Isaiah will be exposed
    Doubtful. Sam isn't going to say anything to honor Isiah's wishes and keep him out of danger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Doubtful. Sam isn't going to say anything to honor Isiah's wishes and keep him out of danger.
    I wouldn't think Sam or Bucky, but maybe someone else?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wouldn't think Sam or Bucky, but maybe someone else?
    So far as we know, the only people in the world that know anything are Sam, Bucky, Isaiah himself, the nurse that freed him and potentially Eli. Who is going to tell?

I just hope Isaiah gets to see Sam as Cap and think that maybe it is possible for a black man to be Captain America.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So far as we know, the only people in the world that know anything are Sam, Bucky, Isaiah himself, the nurse that freed him and potentially Eli. Who is going to tell?
    Makes sense. I thought maybe Zemo might pursue it, but probably not now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well yes and no. I think once he was sent on a mission he had independent thought for tracking people down when things didn't go as planned. But that was just my impression.
    He tracked down Fury after he escaped the initial Hydra ambush and TWS’s own surprise assault.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

How weird is it that people are missing the point with John Walker. So three examples

1. Person 1 on twitter" I wasn't a fan before but when John Walker hit guy with Shield , I became a real fan"

2. Rob Liefield on twitter "John Walker Rules"

3. New York post " Marvel is turning an American hero into a villain"

So lets be clear there is nothing wrong for liking John Walker or feeling sympathy for the character BUT he is clear being written as wrong. This is not a redemption story yet this is a story of character going further down the darkside. IMO You shouldn't be rooting for John Walker as yet so it is weird seeing people back John Walker beyond understanding how he got to this point.

If Marvel puts him on the redemption path fine but he is clear going to get worse than better right now. Now with that said because I have seen rumors of it, I think it fun to mention that West Coast Avengers is more and more possible Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine are around. US Agent is now in play as well. Moonknight is coming. They just need to introduce Tigra and Wonder Man. Bring back Adriana Palaki to play Mockingbird

Hydra. Just because the subterfuge worked on the government, no reason to think it worked on Hydra. By that time, they had what they needed and probably thought moving against Isaiah risked raising all sorts of questions for little benefit. FWIW, I think the comic storyline was superior (Isaiah was imprisoned for 17 years, finally receiving a pardon in the 1960s conditional on his not revealing the continued existence of the super soldier program).