Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2161
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Blame for Ultron and consequentially the destruction of Sokovia lays squarely at the feet of Tony Stark. There are no two ways about it.
    Ultron is squarely on Tony but Sokovia all Avengers took equal part in it. Who would you blame for Johannesburg? Hulk, Tony or Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    As far as Sharon goes:

spoilers:
    I don’t get why she led the guys to her scientist, especially knowing how Zemo was likely to react. It seems like killing the goose who laid the golden eggs, all while giving herself a potentially deadly workout against her own people. Maybe she figured the scientist had served his purpose, especially since the MCU has never heard of lab notes, and it was time to eliminate him and angle for a pardon. But Lord above, what a weird way to go about it, especially since Karli could have exposed her at any juncture!
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that didn't make sense. I'm not too pleased with what they did spoilers:
    with Sharon in this universe.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

As far as Sharon goes:

spoilers:
    I don’t get why she led the guys to her scientist, especially knowing how Zemo was likely to react. It seems like killing the goose who laid the golden eggs, all while giving herself a potentially deadly workout against her own people. Maybe she figured the scientist had served his purpose, especially since the MCU has never heard of lab notes, and it was time to eliminate him and angle for a pardon. But Lord above, what a weird way to go about it, especially since Karli could have exposed her at any juncture!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can only figure that Sharon assumed she was going to get the spare vials back and didn't need the Scientist because anyone could replicate the formula from a sample.

It's funny because Sam and Bucky never bothered to ask who the Power Broker was because they didn't care. The only person who might care was Zemo and he didn't ask either.

How bad did Sharon want to get back in the Intel Community's good graces that she sabotaged her Power Broker deal? Unless the idea of operating in Madripoor without Super Powered goons was a non starter. EVERYONE there has a army of thugs. She's not special without access to the SSS.
    end of spoilers

As far as Sharon goes:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I half-expected them to reveal that Sharon had secretly taken some serum herself, which would explain why she wasn't too worried about fighting her own people. I suppose that could still be the case since this ep definitely showed that the serum doesn't help that much when you get shot.
    end of spoilers

Overall i thought this finale was a bit weak but i enjoyed the series as a whole. Although having rewatched Captain America: The Winter Soldier recently, imo the Bucky in that movie would've wiped the floor with any Flagsmasher one-on-one. I don't think it would even be a contest. But of course power levels/fighting skills vary quite a bit depending on the needs of the plot.

spoilers:
    I think Sharon is a skrull. I don't by her evil turn. I think she might play the role Jessica did in the comics during secret invasions. Veranke will end up hiding as Sharon and will be played by either Emilia Clarke or the other lady that was cast. That's my guess. And The Contessa is setting up either Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Sharon went bad. But I kind of cannot blame her. She got f***ed over HARD in all of this. Steve, you a good guy, but you really left her hanging so you could go back and hook up with her aunt, oops.
    end of spoilers

Holy ****, I just realized...

spoilers:
    Sharon selling tech to the highest bidder could be the set up for Armor Wars.
    end of spoilers

As far as Sharon goes:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe she didn't anticipate Zemo killing the doctor and assumed that his beef was just with Cap and the Avengers.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is manufacturing and selling cars and weapons comparable? Wanda focused on [Tony] because those weapons had his company name stamped on them. It was a clear welcoming invitation on who to blame.
    The main difference is that cars aren't mean to kill people if used correctly, missiles usually are. I'm sure Wanda had others on her list of people to blame, but Tony wandered across her path and Ultron also put him in her crosshairs, so she had no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    spoilers:
    I half-expected them to reveal that Sharon had secretly taken some serum herself, which would explain why she wasn't too worried about fighting her own people. I suppose that could still be the case since this ep definitely showed that the serum doesn't help that much when you get shot.
    end of spoilers

Overall i thought this finale was a bit weak but i enjoyed the series as a whole. Although having rewatched Captain America: The Winter Soldier recently, imo the Bucky in that movie would've wiped the floor with any Flagsmasher one-on-one. I don't think it would even be a contest. But of course power levels/fighting skills vary quite a bit depending on the needs of the plot.
    I imagine the people Sharon fought at the docks were mercenaries looking to cash in on the bounty, not nec the PB's men.

Fighting ability has always been relative to the plot. Thor and Loki can fight and seem matched, Thor and Hulk can fight and seem matched, Loki and Hulk? We saw how that turned out. Even when Hulk did the same thing to Thor he was far from defeated.

****SPOILERS FOR THE FINALE*****
    -- There were several things I did not expect here, but not necessarily good things. The overall being how neatly things were wrapped up. The show presented a lot of challenging issues and walked the line to give us morally ambiguous characters, then in the finale laid things out so cleanly, it was almost a different show.
    -- Sam's outfit looks cool - I like the upgrades, but it doesn't seem Wakandan - and it fits like Steve's WWII costume. I was wondering if they would spend real money on this outfit, intending it to be used in movies later, but I dunno...
    -- Shout out to Kevin Smith's broadcast partner Marc Bernardin for predicting the museum scene with Isaiah - describing it nearly beat for beat. (using Dr Who's Van Gogh scene as a reference) I was wondering how Eli could be set up as Patriot since he lives with Isaiah and knowing what he knows, but if Isaiah is softening, then it does open the door. One of the things I wasn't expecting to happen - it was a great scene, but such a quick turn from the last time we saw him.(also, how fast does the Smithsonian crew work?? They got that display up quick!)
    -- Speaking of quick turns, last ep it seemed Walker was just going further and further down the rabbit hole with each scene. Now one little headache realigns his brain when he realizes it's better to save people than seek revenge and he's all better and chumming around with Bucky? I thought they'd take more time getting him to that place, with the Contessa offering him a lifeline towards future redemption, but it all played out so cheery and light -- "he's back!" I guess.
    -- I was not expecting it to end with a "West Wing" type morality speech. I liked most of it, but they could have trimmed it and also demonstrated that the politicians weren't all just so swayed by his words as much as Sam's speech rallied public sentiment, putting pressure on the politicians, which is usually why politicians switch gears. It just would've been a touch more believable.
    -- Sharon, Sharon, Sharon ... This is another instance of the show hinting at something that we all hoped would end somewhere else, and theorize about it being something more complicated than it is, but nope - it's pretty straight forward. She's just straight-up the PB and somehow there doesn't appear to be any grey areas when it comes to her and her motivations. (at least it seems she only hired Batroc to spy on Karli, she might not have known he wanted to kill Sam) Sharon's actions throughout is one of those things that will take some thought to see if it makes sense in hindsight, but I'll let the internet do that for me rather than go over the whole show again
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-23-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The main difference is that cars aren't mean to kill people if used correctly, missiles usually are. I'm sure Wanda had others on her list of people to blame, but Tony wandered across her path and Ultron also put him in her crosshairs, so she had no problem with it.

I imagine the people Sharon fought at the docks were mercenaries looking to cash in on the bounty, not nec the PB's men.

Fighting ability has always been relative to the plot. Thor and Loki can fight and seem matched, Thor and Hulk can fight and seem matched, Loki and Hulk? We saw how that turned out. Even when Hulk did the same thing to Thor he was far from defeated.
    Was Thor and Loki ever truly matched? Loki relied on tricks and misdirection more than brute strength; but when it came to a physical fight, Thor always came out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ****SPOILERS FOR THE FINALE*****
    -- There were several things I did not expect here, but not necessarily good things. The overall being how neatly things were wrapped up. The show presented a lot of challenging issues and walked the line to give us morally ambiguous characters, then in the finale laid things out so cleanly, it was almost a different show.
    -- Sam's outfit looks cool - I like the upgrades, but it doesn't seem Wakandan - and it fits like Steve's WWII costume. I was wondering if they would spend real money on this outfit, intending it to be used in movies later, but I dunno...
    -- Shout out to Kevin Smith's broadcast partner Marc Bernardin for predicting the museum scene with Isaiah - describing it nearly beat for beat. (using Dr Who's Van Gogh scene as a reference) I was wondering how Eli could be set up as Patriot since he lives with Isaiah and knowing what he knows, but if Isaiah is softening, then it does open the door. One of the things I wasn't expecting to happen - it was a great scene, but such a quick turn from the last time we saw him.(also, how fast does the Smithsonian crew work?? They got that display up quick!)
    -- Speaking of quick turns, last ep it seemed Walker was just going further and further down the rabbit hole with each scene. Now one little headache realigns his brain when he realizes it's better to save people than seek revenge and he's all better and chumming around with Bucky? I thought they'd take more time getting him to that place, with the Contessa offering him a lifeline towards future redemption, but it all played out so cheery and light -- "he's back!" I guess.
    -- I was not expecting it to end with a "West Wing" type morality speech. I liked most of it, but they could have trimmed it and also demonstrated that the politicians weren't all just so swayed by his words as much as Sam's speech rallied public sentiment, putting pressure on the politicians, which is usually why politicians switch gears. It just would've been a touch more believable.
    -- Sharon, Sharon, Sharon ... This is another instance of the show hinting at something that we all hoped would end somewhere else, and theorize about it being something more complicated than it is, but nope - it's pretty straight forward. She's just straight-up the PB and somehow there doesn't appear to be any grey areas when it comes to her and her motivations. (at least it seems she only hired Batroc to spy on Karli, she might not have known he wanted to kill Sam) Sharon's actions throughout is one of those things that will take some thought to see if it makes sense in hindsight. (but I'll let the internet do that for me rather than go over the whole show again )
    I liked the bit with Walker choosing to save the people rather than go after Karli. I thought that was him finally showing that, while maybe he isn't worthy of being Captain America, he was worthy of being a hero in his own right. My only beef was that I couldn't get a good look at the US Agent suit- the lighting in the room washed everything out and made it hard for me to pick up the details.

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I think Bucky is still consciously holding back.

Overall i thought this finale was a bit weak but i enjoyed the series as a whole.
    Agreed.

---
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked the bit with Walker choosing to save the people rather than go after Karli. I thought that was him finally showing that, while maybe he isn't worthy of being Captain America, he was worthy of being a hero in his own right. My only beef was that I couldn't get a good look at the US Agent suit- the lighting in the room washed everything out and made it hard for me to pick up the details.
    That scene was strange to me that it seemed to take place in the same room where he was stripped of his title and Sharon gets her pardon. It had seemed that The Contessa's agenda was a little less than above board, considering how circumspect she was in describing it (down to the blank business card), but having them do the costume try on here implies this is very above board. I guess we'll see...