Default Mechagodzilla City vs Mechagodzilla

Mechagodzilla City gets a day to prepare, vs Showa, Hesei, and Kiryu.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Mechagodzilla City gets a day to prepare, vs Showa, Hesei, and Kiryu.
    What could MGC do again? I don't remember much of that movie.

BANNED

Don't think they can do much to Kiryu. Damned think bullet timed the atomic breath

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It had the greatest power of all. Generosity, by allowing people to inhabit it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The whole city was made of regenerating metal. It had the ability to block ranged attacks, stopping Godzilla Earths beam. It also has a ton of rail guns which were powerful enough to everwhelm Earth's shield, and destroy his back plates. It can use its nanometal to assimilate life forms. It also impaled the non shielded Earth with EMP harpoons, which have massive amounts of electromagnetic energy, and basically trapped Godzilla Earth inside a big pit full of nanometal. It also managed to upgrade the power suits of the humans into vulture mechs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    The whole city was made of regenerating metal. It had the ability to block ranged attacks, stopping Godzilla Earths beam. It also has a ton of rail guns which were powerful enough to everwhelm Earth's shield, and destroy his back plates. It can use its nanometal to assimilate life forms. It also impaled the non shielded Earth with EMP harpoons, which have massive amounts of electromagnetic energy, and basically trapped Godzilla Earth inside a big pit full of nanometal. It also managed to upgrade the power suits of the humans into vulture mechs.
    You are misremembering the scene where it overwhelms Earths shield.

It doesn't actually break the shield. Same as with its child, they simply keep the attack up and monitor its shield sync "noise". When the shield pops off for a quarter second (or however long the 1st movie describes) they time an attack onto its spine and destroy the spine (amplifying organ) during the brief moment of weakness.

Only after the spine is destroyed do they begin to measure any meaningful weakness in the shield itself, calling out its drops fro 80% to 30% and so on.

There is no evidence they could hurt him through the shield itself.

Personal opinion is that the 3 other Mechagodzilla's take this fight. Not easily mind you, but most assuredly all the same.

Mechagodzilla City didn't have guns everywhere. In fact in several panning establishing shots, we see the City really only has weapons pointed at the detour trap site. All 3 other Mechagodzillas can fly around that pretty easily.

It can disperse the energy attacks of the 3 mechas but not the kinetic and ballistic weaponry like missiles. A few bombardments can wipe out the control room fairly easily. The biggest danger lies with the Vultures.

The Vultures are WAY more mobile then the Mechagodzilla attack squad. If this was just a team of one, I could see them harassing it into a disadvantaged state. But with all 3? They take out the control center methinks.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Big question. Does Kiryu have the Absolute Zero equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You are misremembering the scene where it overwhelms Earths shield.

It doesn't actually break the shield. Same as with its child, they simply keep the attack up and monitor its shield sync "noise". When the shield pops off for a quarter second (or however long the 1st movie describes) they time an attack onto its spine and destroy the spine (amplifying organ) during the brief moment of weakness.

Only after the spine is destroyed do they begin to measure any meaningful weakness in the shield itself, calling out its drops fro 80% to 30% and so on.

There is no evidence they could hurt him through the shield itself.

Personal opinion is that the 3 other Mechagodzilla's take this fight. Not easily mind you, but most assuredly all the same.

Mechagodzilla City didn't have guns everywhere. In fact in several panning establishing shots, we see the City really only has weapons pointed at the detour trap site. All 3 other Mechagodzillas can fly around that pretty easily.

It can disperse the energy attacks of the 3 mechas but not the kinetic and ballistic weaponry like missiles. A few bombardments can wipe out the control room fairly easily. The biggest danger lies with the Vultures.

The Vultures are WAY more mobile then the Mechagodzilla attack squad. If this was just a team of one, I could see them harassing it into a disadvantaged state. But with all 3? They take out the control center methinks.
    You are right about the shields, I got some bad information. I figured with a days prep it would give them time to arrange the guns and other defences.

Mechagodzilla City can raise nano metal spikes in order to protect itself, like it did when the Servum attacked some of the humans. Apparently the Nanometal Particle Diffusing-Type Thermal Energy Buffer Layer can also block large projectile attacks though this is from the prequel novel so I unfortunately can't confirm this. It also apparently needed more time to heat resistant armoured plates which would be very useful in this rumble, though admitably a day probably wouldn't be enough time to develop and deploy them.

I think the final make or break defence would be to use the Nanometal to assimilate the Mecha Godzillas. Apparently it already does it Servum, and it does it to the humans in the movie as well.

Ymmv on this since most of this is from what information I can gather from the amazing prequel novel project Mechagodzilla that never got an official translation.

Unfortunately, I think MechaGodzilla City takes this.

MGC's railguns were nearly blotting out Godzilla Earth's 300-meter size. That alone suggests the railguns will be sufficient enough to keep the three MechaGodzillas distracted. With its Energy Buffer Layer negating most of Team MechaGodzilla's attacks (Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon might be able to breach it but I don't think it poses much of a threat to MechaGodzilla City as a whole), MGC has all the time it needs to attack with its EMP harpoons (which would prove absolutely devastating to Team MechaGodzilla, particularly Heisei MG) and convert them with its nanometal.

MechaGodzilla City, while a cool concept, is ultimately disappointing (like the Earth Trilogy as a whole). MechaGodzilla City could've been churning out armies of Showa, Heisei, and Kiryu MG's on assembly lines to fight Godzilla Earth. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Unfortunately, I think MechaGodzilla City takes this.

MGC's railguns were nearly blotting out Godzilla Earth's 300-meter size. That alone suggests the railguns will be sufficient enough to keep the three MechaGodzillas distracted. With its Energy Buffer Layer negating most of Team MechaGodzilla's attacks (Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon might be able to breach it but I don't think it poses much of a threat to MechaGodzilla City as a whole), MGC has all the time it needs to attack with its EMP harpoons (which would prove absolutely devastating to Team MechaGodzilla, particularly Heisei MG) and convert them with its nanometal.

MechaGodzilla City, while a cool concept, is ultimately disappointing (like the Earth Trilogy as a whole). MechaGodzilla City could've been churning out armies of Showa, Heisei, and Kiryu MG's on assembly lines to fight Godzilla Earth. Le sigh.
    Here's to hoping Godzilla: Singular Point makes up for it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Here's to hoping Godzilla: Singular Point makes up for it.
    Who knows, it might just be about how Godzilla is a debate lord.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan