Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

IDK why people are so obsessed with Rachel and Nate Grey's mommy and daddy issues. These aren't their parents. They need to both let it go. I'd be repulsed if some alternate loser showed up claiming I was their parent in their universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    IDK why people are so obsessed with Rachel and Nate Grey's mommy and daddy issues. These aren't their parents. They need to both let it go. I'd be repulsed if some alternate loser showed up claiming I was their parent in their universe.
    That's tantamount to saying Laura isn't Logan's daughter because they just used his DNA.

BANNED

Considering their upbringing and character in general, it makes way more sense for Cyclops to have an attachment to Rachel than Jean. Trying to force a bond between them doesn't work and I'm glad writers realized that when they stopped with the Rachel "Grey" BS.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Considering their upbringing and character in general, it makes way more sense for Cyclops to have an attachment to Rachel than Jean. Trying to force a bond between them doesn't work and I'm glad writers realized that when they stopped with the Rachel "Grey" BS.
    Yup, Jean Grey has always had a family. Cyclops grew up without one, it makes sense that he would latch on to anything. When Rachel revealed who she was, Jean outright rejected her while Cyclops was upset she didn't tell him sooner. He then spends time trying to convince Jean to give her a chance, having accepted her all the way back in the Alpha Flight crossover.

Although, it is a bit weird of how Jean has always seemed to care for Nate Grey more than Rachel.

BANNED

I don't get it either and it makes the characters annoying lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    That's tantamount to saying Laura isn't Logan's daughter because they just used his DNA.
    I mean, I'm not a fan of that relationship either, but at least it was 616 Wolverine's DNA. Laura is abysmal though, I'd have murdered her immediately if I were Logan.

Incredible Member

I mean, I'm not a fan of that relationship either, but at least it was 616 Wolverine's DNA. Laura is abysmal though, I'd have murdered her immediately if I were Logan.
    For Nate Grey, the Cyclops and Jean Grey who is his parents were the 616 versions until Bishop reverted the timeline back to normal. Age of Apocalypse in the concept of the original story isn't an alternate timeline, but an overwritten timeline. That timeline only became the alternate Earth-295 as a consequence of it being rolled back to the original timeline.

Although it sounds more like you have an issue with superhero children than you do with Nate or Rachel.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

For Nate Grey, the Cyclops and Jean Grey who is his parents were the 616 versions until Bishop reverted the timeline back to normal. Age of Apocalypse in the concept of the original story isn't an alternate timeline, but an overwritten timeline. That timeline only became the alternate Earth-295 as a consequence of it being rolled back to the original timeline.

Although it sounds more like you have an issue with superhero children than you do with Nate or Rachel.
    Technically AOA Scott and Jean are his gene donors as he's a lab experiment. So calling them his parents is a big stretch as they never had sex or were in a relationship in AoA, regardless of the circumstances of the original concept of AoA.

Also, they do have an issue with Rachel and Nate Grey lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Technically AOA Scott and Jean are his gene donors as he's a lab experiment. So calling them his parents is a big stretch as they never had sex or were in a relationship in AoA, regardless of the circumstances of the original concept of AoA.

Also, they do have an issue with Rachel and Nate Grey lol.
    Exactly, and Logan never had a relationship with Laura's mother and yet she's his daughter by the same circumstance that Nate is the son of Scott and Jean.

Exactly, and Logan never had a relationship with Laura's mother and yet she's his daughter by the same circumstance that Nate is the son of Scott and Jean.
    As harsh as it sounds, any relationship that they have with these kids is out of the goodness of their hearts. People took their DNA without their concept and of course the right thing to do is adopt these kids but I’m sure a ton of people wouldn’t.

So why Rachel live on the same house and is acknowledged to be Jean's daugther and Cable's sister?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So why Rachel live on the same house and is acknowledged to be Jean's daugther and Cable's sister?
    Because taste is highly subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Because taste is highly subjective.
    HA

The problem is the editorial want to have the cake and eat it. What people can't do is call out fans for something editorial is doing