Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty sure she was used as a villain for a while.
    Well, there you go! LOL
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Still on the leave him dead train at this point. Though since Ewing is using Phyla and Teddy in Guardians maybe he could do something neat with him.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Definitely love to see him return so we can get a Vell family reunion.

I could see him as a villain again, given his mental health issues, but even just to get an actual ending where he dies in peace and can go live with his dad in the Marvel after life would be enough.

Being atomised and scattered through the Dark Dimension is rather ignominious
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Genis would be a great supporting cast member for Carol.

Genis strains his power and cosmic awareness, slowly pulling himself together from across the realities, bit by bit, atom by atom. At the cost of most of his power, Genis returns to life...

...only to find that no one cares. Titan is gone, Carol's taken over as Captain Marvel and no one remembers his brief stint as Captain Marvel.

Genis thus falls back into his old habits, becoming a slacker with too much power on his hands and too little direction. He becomes Legacy, hanging around earth with nothing better to do. Carol takes him under her wing, hoping to give direction to the son of an old war buddy, and occasionally getting some tips from Genis via his weakened cosmic awareness.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Genis would be a great supporting cast member for Carol.
    No interest in seeing this character sacrificed on the alter of Carol Danvers LOL. Leave him dead.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No interest in seeing this character sacrificed on the alter of Carol Danvers LOL. Leave him dead.
    Likewise.

Peace

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Being atomised and scattered through the Dark Dimension is rather ignominious
    I may be remembering this wrong, but wasn't his body actually scattered through the DarkFORCE Dimension, AKA the place that Cloak teleports through? And if I'm remembering this right, it makes me wonder if Tyrone has ever seen Genis's.... parts, while going there. He could be the only person other than Zemo who knows about what happened to Genis. We could get a nice story about that, where they use Cloak to bring him back.... if Marvel ever cares. lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's the only way he stays relevant, lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's the only way he stays relevant, lol
    I like him irrelevant, but who had a good run. Being relevant based in bad runs is not something I would like to see.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I like him irrelevant, but who had a good run.
    His dad already does this.

I personally would like to see him return. He got a tremendous amount of development originally in Thunderbolts - before being turned insane.

I'd like see him come back as the sole "Vell" character. Maybe something happens to Phyla-Vell and Theodore Altman - during some quest to sensing great power that's been reforming - on the darkest side of the galaxy - and they both perish - but the end result is Genis Vell pulling himself back together.

He'd come back to Earth to rip Zemo apart for what he did. And now needs to do a redemption arc - with the Guardians of the Galaxy for awhile.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I personally would like to see him return. He got a tremendous amount of development originally in Thunderbolts - before being turned insane.

I'd like see him come back as the sole "Vell" character. Maybe something happens to Phyla-Vell and Theodore Altman - during some quest to sensing great power that's been reforming - on the darkest side of the galaxy - and they both perish - but the end result is Genis Vell pulling himself back together.

He'd come back to Earth to rip Zemo apart for what he did. And now needs to do a redemption arc - with the Guardians of the Galaxy for awhile.
    Yeah, that’s not gonna happen with Teddy and Phyla

Fantastic Member

I'd like to see him return and team up with his alternate universe sister or if his sister returns as well and merges with her alt self. Also a team up with him and Teddy. Team up with Carol. Have him join the Kree/Skrull Alliance and be on the Guardians as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, that’s not gonna happen with Teddy and Phyla
    Oh, I know it won't happen. It's just what I'd like to see.

Go further to say - seeing Phyla-Vell and Theodore Altman "absorbed" into the Nega Bands - one in each - and Genis Vell can hear them (similar to the days of Mar Vell and the ol' Rick Jones trick).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Actually, having shared a body with him for a few years, I believe Rick i the key for Genis' return. The link through the Nega-Bands would be able to pull Genis' body temporarily back into existence, slightly less powerful due to the energy spent in the process, and they go back to sharing the same place in our own space-time continium, with Gens only able to exist here for short periods (I think 3 hours at a time, was the original Captain Marvel's time restraint with Rick, wasn't it?) Rick would once again, not only help Genis back to our reality, but help him on the road back to sanity. But, I dream, for Marvel has provided us with pleanty (IMHO) subpar replacements (Phyla, Hulking, Marvel Boy, Carol Marvel, etc...)for the son of Mar-Vell.

Peace