Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I loved both the Peter David written series that starred the character. Should he ever return I think he should be more complex than just strictly being a hero or villain. He should mostly work for the greater good but due to the cosmic awareness he should sometimes overlook the people involved. Someone like Rick Jones and/or Songbird should be the ones to act as something of a moral to keep him straight. Someone like Al Ewing would do great stuff with him.

Does anyone think that the running gag of him taking Monica's code name should continue? Obviously he can't be Captain Marvel and Photon sounds kinda bland. Maybe he should not have a superhero handle and just go by Genis.
    Ha, I don't think he will use the name Spectrum, but for the gag, that might be fun.
    Ewing would be an excellent choice, the interaction between Genis and Noh-Varr would be hilarious, since they were both rebellious teenagers when they were younger.
    And I think Genis was called Legacy in one of his first runs, the one drawn by Ed Benes, but I'd be okay with just Genis.
    Phyla from the other universe don't have code name either, because I think she was also Captain Marvel in her own dimension.

I would prefer if he just came back. I would read his book.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'd LOVE for him to come back. But if Peter David isn't involved, then I'd rather Genis rest peacefully in solitude...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-09-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'd LOVE for him to come back. But, if Peter David isn't involved, then I'd rather Genis rest peacefully in solitude...

That’s a good point.
    It’s pretty obvious a lot of writers just don’t “get” this character. And, while I myself didn’t like the direction(s) PAD took Genis in, I would rather he get another shot at Genis than pretty much anyone else.
    I think PAD has just enough and little enough ego to look back at his work, and how others treated Genis after his involvement, to come back and do something memorable.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

No. He should come back as a hero (anti-hero at best) and go on space adventures with his siblings. Maybe Ewing could bring him back on GOTG, since that book will have both Phyla and Teddy very soon.

I'd love to see him return and finally get with Songbird. The two could lead Avengers: Thunderbolts.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Use Phylla, that character never caught on with anyone. Being evil would be a step up for her but it will never happen because....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    genis is bad and redundant with like 5 mar-vell inspired heroes and his only value is as a villain
    Phylla, Carol, Monica, Noh-Varr...do we count Kamala?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'd love to see him return and finally get with Songbird. The two could lead Avengers: Thunderbolts.

Fondly remembered continuity, so naturally that will never happen. Current Marvel only has two settings, vindictive and tone deaf. Genis would trigger Marvel's vindictive instincts. He is the son of the original Captain Marvel and had a series that didn't need to get relaunched a bunch of times. Had a cool look. Was in one of, If not the most loved Avengers stories (Avenger s Forever). Was called Captain Marvel

So he has to sacrificed on the altar of either Carol Danvers or Phyla Marvel's approved Captain Marvel and approved child of the original Captain Marvel, neither of whom will never be as remotely cool as Genis.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-09-2021 at 11:40 AM. Reason: I said Marvel Captain instead of Captain Marvel
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It might be neat but I thought the tragic ending they gave him in Thunderbolts was a good way to close the book on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Fondly remembered continuity, so naturally that will never happen. Current Marvel only has two settings, vindictive and tone deaf. Genis would trigger Marvel's vindictive instincts. He is the son of the original Captain Marvel and had a series that didn't need to get relaunched a bunch of times. Had a cool look. Was in one of, If not the most loved Avengers stories (Avenger s Forever). Was called Captain Marvel

So he has to sacrificed on the altar of either Carol Danvers or Phyla Marvel's approved Captain Marvel and approved child of the original Captain Marvel, neither of whom will never be as remotely cool as Genis.
    It is truly sad. But, I'm in agreement with you about the love for Avengers Forever. Definitely a high-point (IMHO):

It is truly sad. But, I'm in agreement with you about the love for Avengers Forever. Definitely a high-point (IMHO):

I absolutely LOVE this story. Unfortunately, they don't do them like this anymore.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Funnily enough the 2000s Genis led Captain Marvel series was the first that Marvel ever pulled their trick of cancelling a book and relaunch it in an attempt to boost sales. Not to mention he had been revived after a flop series in the 90s.

I'd like the chararacter back but his death was pretty well written and a fitting end for the character. It had zero to do with boosting up Phyla or Carol Danvers who wasn't even on the horizon at the time.

That was a quick way to change a character image from something totally 90s to something more classic looking.

About the OP suggestion, not. It is better to have Genis resting in peace instead use him as a villian to make other characters look good.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

should he return at all?
    The J-man