Default Rewatching Stargate SG1

Almost done with Season 2 and I really like this show and all the main characters.

What are your thoughts on it? Right now my favorite is Jack O'Neill, he's a real warrior and I love his sarcastic humor! But I really like Daniel, Sam, Teal'c and General Hammond.

I don't think I watched all the episodes on my first watch, but I did a lot of them. However, it's been a while, so this rewatch feels almost like the first time. I liked this show from the first episode, since I'm very into adventure, action and good Sci-Fi. I also like their relationships, makes the show more emotional.

Incredible Member

richard dean anderson was great as jack o'neill , he brought a lot of charisma and charm into his role. when jack o'neill retired from active duty and got moved up , the actor was well missed.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    richard dean anderson was great as jack o'neill , he brought a lot of charisma and charm into his role. when jack o'neill retired from active duty and got moved up , the actor was well missed.
    Agreed on all counts. Odd thing about RDA was that he barely seemed to age during the show. The only thing that really showed him getting older was his hair going silver. But when he showed up in the premier of Stargate Universe, he had seemed to age so fast he was unrecognizable.

SG-1 is a show that I keep trying to rewatch, I just never really have time. Also, the early seasons just don't look that good on a modern HDTV.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Agreed on all counts. Odd thing about RDA was that he barely seemed to age during the show. The only thing that really showed him getting older was his hair going silver. But when he showed up in the premier of Stargate Universe, he had seemed to age so fast he was unrecognizable.

SG-1 is a show that I keep trying to rewatch, I just never really have time. Also, the early seasons just don't look that good on a modern HDTV.
    They look fine to me, and my TV screen is huge. Maybe I don't care too much about how good the VFX are. My main focus is the story and acting. But it still looks good enough to me.

I'm really taking advantage of my Netflix subscription, I really wanted to rewatch this show that I really enjoyed when it first came out. I'm having a lot of fun!

What are you guys favorite Seasons or episodes? I really can't tell right now, I forgot a lot of details and stories.

Ultimate Member

There's an episode late in the series where an alien friend of theirs comes to the SGC and needs help in writing a tv series based off of the stargate program and they do different takes on how it could be done, everything from copying other sci fi shows like Farscape and even a puppet show , especially given the cast at the time and the fact that in those later years M Shanks and his wife were both on the show at the same time...you could almost do a whatever degree of seperation like that Kevin Bacon game with the series...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    There's an episode late in the series where an alien friend of theirs comes to the SGC and needs help in writing a tv series based off of the stargate program and they do different takes on how it could be done, everything from copying other sci fi shows like Farscape and even a puppet show , especially given the cast at the time and the fact that in those later years M Shanks and his wife were both on the show at the same time...you could almost do a whatever degree of seperation like that Kevin Bacon game with the series...
    that was for the 200th episode where they had a lot of fun with it.