Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Default X-Men: Curse of the Man-Thing Coming in May

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-the-man-thing

Featuring a new team of Dark Riders led by Magik.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Default Magik To Lead New Dark Riders Team

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-men-vil...f-superheroes/

The team will include Marrow, Forearm, Shark Girl, Mammomax, and Wolf Cub.
    My flag is bacon.

Wow Marvel is really putting Steve Orlando to work. It’s an interesting squad, I wouldn’t mind if they became a reoccurring team.

I'd rather have Illyana to stick to one team and appear as guest star in a couple of other books.
    I don't want my fave character to become one of those filthy Not New Not Different X-Men who are everywhere and steal spotlights from underexposed characters.
    That said, the team is nice. Forearm and Mammomax are random, which is always welcome unless they are there as redshirts. Marrow seems to have that stupid look from when Alan Davis had the terrible idea to make her all pretty.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

This looks stupid so Im hoping Marvel can pleasently surprise me

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd rather have Illyana to stick to one team and appear as guest star in a couple of other books.
    I don't want my fave character to become one of those filthy Not New Not Different X-Men who are everywhere and steal spotlights from underexposed characters.
    That said, the team is nice. Forearm and Mammomax are random, which is always welcome unless they are there as redshirts. Marrow seems to have that stupid look from when Alan Davis had the terrible idea to make her all pretty.
    Marvel wants a familiar face to draw readers. I'd rather it be her than either Cable or Wolverine.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

One step closer to a Magik ongoing.

Let’s face it. Out of the New Mutants, she’s most likely to get an ongoing.

Also, she holds a position no other Krakoa X-Men mutant does, as a sorcereress.

Well, “good mutant” anyway if we don’t count others like Selene.

To my knowledge, Orlando has not been assigned to an on-going yet. Could this be his set-up to join the x-office? One of those new projects resulting from the Covid delays?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    To my knowledge, Orlando has not been assigned to an on-going yet. Could this be his set-up to join the x-office? One of those new projects resulting from the Covid delays?
    I'm very keen on getting Orlando on an X-book. There's still a few titles with unassigned creative teams like Moira and X-Corp... and those are just the ones we know of.

Astonishing Member

Is this a one-shot or a mini series?

The team seems to have no real consistency beyond featuring 3 different animal themed mutants and everyone except Illyna being on the freakish side. So no clue what to expect of it.

Though i guess now we know why Marrow was even on the writers mind when they made the X-men election.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This looks stupid so Im hoping Marvel can pleasently surprise me
    We had a nice suprise with Hellions. Now we have to see if lightning will strike for this too.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Technicaly. Everyone is a redshirt in this current X-men story since the writers are free to kill characters since just like Kenny from South Park they come back the next day.

As for Marrow. That's not her Alan Davis redesign. That's the make-over look Emma Frost gave her, when she recruited her into the Hellfire Club back during Rosenbergs Uncanny X-men arc. Which was just as bad as the Davis design in my opinion, but at least she wasn't sparkling. Still a major step down from her X-men Blue design.

So unless there is a story reason for it (like her actualy still being employed in the Hellfire Club business) i hope she doesn't look like that in the actual comic. Though if she is working for the Hellfire Trading Company, i wonder why she had to arrive with all the villains, rather than having been welcomed on the island beforehand?
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-08-2021 at 04:01 PM.

I would actually prefer her to lead the original Dark Riders. I think they would be terrified and they were very underdeveloped characters.

What is with all these new x-teams only have one or two women on them?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Is this a one-shot or a mini series?
    It's a 1-shot, but it's also the final issue of 3. March and April will have Spider-Man and Avengers 1-shots with Man-Thing which will serve as the beginning and middle of the story, with this X-Men 1-shot serving as the climax and end. It's their celebration of the character's 50th anniversary.

Looks fun. I’ll give it a whirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's a 1-shot, but it's also the final issue of 3. March and April will have Spider-Man and Avengers 1-shots with Man-Thing which will serve as the beginning and middle of the story, with this X-Men 1-shot serving as the climax and end. It's their celebration of the character's 50th anniversary.
    Ah thanks. Wasn't as much aware of the ongoings in the other Marvel titles.

So a one-shot quickly assembled team. Hope he isn't just going for a total party kill just because he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What is with all these new x-teams only have one or two women on them?
    This one is exactly balanced though.

Magik, Shark Girl and Marrow for the female side. Mammomax, Forearms, Wolfcub for the male.