Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm interested in this book because of Marrow Magik and Shark Girl I really like them all together. Wolf Cub(academy X kids for the win) is nice and I think that Mammoth is going to be comic relief while Forearm is the heavy. I look forward to seeing them all interact.

Personally I agree with the Marrow problem by the others with her making herself pretty I prefer bad azz Marrow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Ah thanks. Wasn't as much aware of the ongoings in the other Marvel titles.

So a one-shot quickly assembled team. Hope he isn't just going for a total party kill just because he can.

This one is exactly balanced though.

Magik, Shark Girl and Marrow for the female side. Mammomax, Forearms, Wolfcub for the male.
    Especially since the females on this team are more popular than the males.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What is with all these new x-teams only have one or two women on them?
    3 males, 3 females, so don't understand what your point is.

And it's just 1 issue in a 3 part mini, so could be a fun read. Nice to see Mammomax and Wolfcub in action after being dead so long.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Considering the thrown together nature of the team, i wonder if it will turn out Magik just quickly recruited them from the people who happen to be present in the Green Lagoon bar when she needed some muscle.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Shouldn’t there be more mystical characters involved, not this hodgepodge of wtf’s? Magik should have recruited Pixie, Wiccan, Abyss, Amanda Sefton, and S’Ym.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Shouldn’t there be more mystical characters involved, not this hodgepodge of wtf’s? Magik should have recruited Pixie, Wiccan, Abyss, Amanda Sefton, and S’Ym.
    The event is in celebration of Man-thing, so the theme of the team is monsters, not magic. Illyana is there because of her demon status, not her sorcery.

BANNED

I'm not even sure if this is a Man-thing tie in or an actual run in the X-line.

Quick Thoughts

-They are milking this X-men run for everything that it is worth
    - Some X-men fans are silly, I wish this character gets screen time. A character gets screen time and becomes popular. No, you are too popular now and taking screen time away from other characters
    - I am loving the growth of Magik to A-list character, I am happy there is a new character on the list with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc that you expect can carry a team concept
    - Marrow showed up pretty fast in a concept.
    - I don't like this team for an ongoing but as a team that shows in the background in stories or a mini-series, I think it would be pretty cool. I like the idea of the Great Captains have their own squad of mutants. If this is that then I think it is a great idea.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-08-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The event is in celebration of Man-thing, so the theme of the team is monsters, not magic. Illyana is there because of her demon status, not her sorcery.
    Wouldn't have someone like Feral or Thornn be a better pick for the 3rd female member in that case? While Marrow does looks freaky or close to monsterous, she doesn't resemble any classic kind of beast humanoids or monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    - I am loving the growth of Magik to A-list character, I am happy there is a new character on the list with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc that expect can carry a concept.
    I'm still suprised by how much she seems to be a on roll right now. Seems that at least something good has come out of the whole post AvX "Cyclops is a mutant radical now" storyline (since that's where i remember her momentum to have started).
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-08-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    They why use the name of Apocalypse’s old servants? Besides, the Man-Thing does have history with the X-Men.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I think I'll pass. While I enjoy Magik and Marrow, the rest of that cast is pure pass for me. I know that we can have a situation like Hellions with it's oddball line up, but I can't stand Mamomax or Wolf Cub, and Shark Girl is literally the worst.

Fantastic Member

Mammomax and Forearm? MARROW? Count me in.

Though I wish Marrow still did better in the X-Men voting....

and really Magik is starting on the path of Wolverine levels of overexposed. She does not need to be everywhere.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    - I am loving the growth of Magik to A-list character, I am happy there is a new character on the list with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc that you expect can carry a team concept
    Quoted for truth. I love the focus and growth she's been given ever since her return on New X-Men a decade ago. She starred in her own mini with X-Infernus (written by Marvel's future EIC no less), she was one of the main characters in New Mutants and then she was always with the main X-Men team across multiple Uncanny X-Men runs and Extraordinary X-Men, leading to her current role as Captain on Krakoa. Although unnamed, and certainly nowhere near what the character would evolve into, Illyana did make her first appearance in Giant-Size X-Men 1, so it's only fitting she's up there among the greats.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Magik and Marrow <3

I'm happy to see Sarah getting used somewhere. I've always enjoyed her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I'm still suprised by how much she seems to be a on roll right now. Seems that at least something good has come out of the whole post AvX "Cyclops is a mutant radical now" storyline (since that's where i remember her momentum to have started).
    That is about where I think it really started as well. Traditional Magik fans might not like so much it but writers have been using her in the "Wolverine badass lose cannon role" and she has been excelling in that role. I think it is only a matter of time before she gets a solo attempt as well.