Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Definitely more good than bad. The actors they hired really brought a lot of these characters to life. Too many to name and thank. I enjoy them all.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Like I said, I get it, and I'm happy to just go along with it for the most part (the show is pretty damn good most of the time). The Linda and Savitar bits irked me though. I thought both were unnecessary and another character could have been used.
    And to answer your question - no I wouldn't be shocked, but I'd be annoyed. There's a number of characters to use instead of her.
    Hey, I would stick pretty much to the comics myself, so I'm not really in disagreement with you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, on a case-by-case basis I think it's fine to give a side-eye to an adaption change that didn't necessarily need to happen.
    As long as it doesn't affect a favorite of yours, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Smallville is old and ended 10 years ago, while it deserves some credit the CW shows are the bridge to what we have now.
    But Smallville started it. Even the higher ups at the CW have said there wouldn't be an Arrowverse without it. Arrow was greenlit because he became a popular character in Smallville. Smallville also introduced quite a few DC characters in live action and had a proto Justice League long before the MCU did it.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Exposure is never bad a thing, but it's rare that people that consume only CB media read actual comic books so it doesn't really matter.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Exposure is never bad a thing, but it's rare that people that consume only CB media read actual comic books so it doesn't really matter.
    True, though there have been numerous examples during the past eighty years where something from an adaptation (radio program, serial/cartoon/feature-length film, TV show, etc.) that changed something in the comics (if it were popular enough).

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    This is my point: either it's okay to alter things in adaptation like they have been doing since the early '40s (i.e. the old Superman radio program - this is my view, BTW) or it's never okay to do this (which I can totally understand and appreciate, also). I'm not as crazy about making things off limits for one character, but not for another, however.
    Changes have to follow along some kind of logic though. They aged up Bucky in the Cap movies and made him Cap's childhood friend and it works because it allowed them to side step the kid-sidekick angle and allowed them to set up the Winter Soldier (which would be more difficult if they had cast a kid in the role).

Making Linda Park a love interest for Barry does nothing for anyone. Those familiar with the character would be confused, fans of Barry know that he is going to end up with Iris and Linda is just there to add a wrinkle to that journey and anybody does a comic accurate adaptation of Wally West's story would have to deal with fans wondering why he is hooking up with one of Barry's old flames.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But Smallville started it. Even the higher ups at the CW have said there wouldn't be an Arrowverse without it. Arrow was greenlit because he became a popular character in Smallville. Smallville also introduced quite a few DC characters in live action and had a proto Justice League long before the MCU did it.

As if I needed another reminder why I hated that show

At the beginning, I'd say more good than bad. Now, I think it has a negative effect when DC characters are being stuck on little budget soap opera programs while Marvel is making these critically acclaimed, commercially successful cinematic series with major Hollywood actors. Time for DC to adapt

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    At the beginning, I'd say more good than bad. Now, I think it has a negative effect when DC characters are being stuck on little budget soap opera programs while Marvel is making these critically acclaimed, commercially successful cinematic series with major Hollywood actors. Time for DC to adapt
    You can do both, and given how badly DC has botched a lot of their characters I’m not sure they’d benefit from being used over on the film side.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Now that Supergirl is revealed to be in the Flash movie, I wonder how much of that decision was based on the popularity of the Flash/Supergirl connection from the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

I'm aware of all of that and I used to be a fan but like I mentioned earlier it deserves credit but Smallville has been off the air a long time. Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl + the crossovers and their fandoms all helped with the rise in popularity.

Also that pic is hilarious, I was so hyped when I first saw it and now it looks really bad.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You can do both, and given how badly DC has botched a lot of their characters I’m not sure they’d benefit from being used over on the film side.
    Yeah they aren't really limited anymore. Superman, Flash, Cyborg, Batman all appear on TV and the movies.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Now that Supergirl is revealed to be in the Flash movie, I wonder how much of that decision was based on the popularity of the Flash/Supergirl connection from the Arrowverse.
    Could be that and that they want to replace Superman with Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Yeah they aren't really limited anymore. Superman, Flash, Cyborg, Batman all appear on TV and the movies.
    Not really - Superman is getting a tv show because he's out of the films. Supergirl is going to be in film after her tv series is over. Batman isn't on tv, Batwoman is. Cyborg is like Superman - he's not coming back in film, and Doom Patrol happened after JL. Only Flash is kind of a valid example, and even then his show might be done by the time the solo film comes out.