Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right, which is okay by me, FWIW.
    After the DC Fandome trailer for The Batman, and comparing it to all of the CW Batwoman series so far, I've got to agree (and I like the Batwoman show, but still...).

I think a lot of people are dreaming of some epic, 10 episode a season, expensive, award winning, Marvel Netflix Daredevil type show, when the reality is we'd just get something like Batwoman, but with Batman instead.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    After the DC Fandome trailer for The Batman, and comparing it to all of the CW Batwoman series so far, I've got to agree (and I like the Batwoman show, but still...).

I think a lot of people are dreaming of some epic, 10 episode a season, expensive, award winning, Marvel Netflix Daredevil type show, when the reality is we'd just get something like Batwoman, but with Batman instead.
    Yeah, I have had this conversation elsewhere myself. There's this idea that the best TV productions are on the same scale as the big-budget films money-wise, but it isn't true. Three hours of your average blockbuster movie costs a ton more than your average three hours on TV or streaming. Maybe that changes in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, I have had this conversation elsewhere myself. There's this idea that the best TV productions are on the same scale as the big-budget films money-wise, but it isn't true. Three hours of your average blockbuster movie costs a ton more than your average three hours on TV or streaming. Maybe that changes in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Excluding the one million dollar movies from Asylum Studios-most studios are not trying to spend much.

I do remember the WB WASTING a million dollars on the Lost in Space pilot directed by John Woo. The actress who played Mockingbird on Agents of Shield and an actor whose name I just forgot yet he has been in EVERYTHING were the only two names in it folks would know.

The pilot (which is out there and was pretty much complete without special effects) got passed on. The sets and music went on to another show-SyFy's Battlestar Galatica as the Pegasus set and I know the music was in the mini series.

CW shows are not going to SNIFF netflix standards.

And with the way technology has gone-you might not need to spend a lot. I have seen films (well those that Tubi or Horror Central on Youtube have) list using Iphones to film. I want to say one was done only using I-phones.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Excluding the one million dollar movies from Asylum Studios-most studios are not trying to spend much.

I do remember the WB WASTING a million dollars on the Lost in Space pilot directed by John Woo. The actress who played Mockingbird on Agents of Shield and an actor whose name I just forgot yet he has been in EVERYTHING were the only two names in it folks would know.

The pilot (which is out there and was pretty much complete without special effects) got passed on. The sets and music went on to another show-SyFy's Battlestar Galatica as the Pegasus set and I know the music was in the mini series.

CW shows are not going to SNIFF netflix standards.

And with the way technology has gone-you might not need to spend a lot. I have seen films (well those that Tubi or Horror Central on Youtube have) list using Iphones to film. I want to say one was done only using I-phones.
    Okay, but movies have always spent a lot more than television per yard of film since Uncle Miltie was ruling the airwaves. I know people think streaming or premium cable venues are going to replace the theaters, but that's only happening if Covid or something else similar is the reason. Young people and non-hermits are going to still want to go out instead of being stuck at home.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Cameras aren't the biggest cost between shows and movies. Script writers, directors, actors, composers, the more famous/skilled the more the expense. Plus sets, locations, special and practical effects. Series may have the advantages of longer serial storytelling, but films will always have the advantage on all those other fronts from a sheer amount of cash to spend on them front.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Cameras aren't the biggest cost between shows and movies. Script writers, directors, actors, composers, the more famous/skilled the more the expense. Plus sets, locations, special and practical effects. Series may have the advantages of longer serial storytelling, but films will always have the advantage on all those other fronts from a sheer amount of cash to spend on them front.
    Right. A top TV actor can make a lot of money, but he/she has to work many more hours to do it than a top film actor can for a single film (and they still won't make as much as the biggest movie names). Again, this might change in the future, but...