Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I disagree Batwoman has garnered a severe hatedom that her comics counterpart never had to deal with before
    There's three main reasons for that:
    • People being homophobic.
    • People thinking it's preventing a Batman TV show.
    • People not liking that they created a new Batwoman from scratch (Ryan Wilder didn't exist in the comics until she cameoed in Batgirl #50) when Ruby Rose quit her role as Kate Kane after only one season.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think they've just been neutral. I don't think they've done anything great in terms of all-time character portrayals or anything of the sort, but they haven't hurt anything either. Maybe that changes with the HBO influence.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The CW shows going forward will end up on HBO Max, and because of that, they get a higher budget. They’re basically co-produced by the CW and HBO, it’s why Superman & Lois and Stargirl look so much higher budget than the other CW shows.
    I actually just saw that report. Good on them for holding their shows to a higher standard and increasing the quality!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yeah, but leaning more towards good than bad. Like 60/40

If it was more good, the ratings would be more consistent, but they are not. I really good show usually increases its audience.
    A lot of superior shows over the years have not increased their audience and not even made it past the first season, so you can't point to that as a baseline for quality. The fact that the CW shows have been able to stay around as long as they have is enough evidence that they are popular enough, however.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC and WB still haven't realized Aquaman has a 1 billion movie. What are they doing with him? I have seen Zero merch for him or Mera.
    To be fair, they put out a bunch of toys for Aquaman. Most collected dust on the shelves. Same with Shazam.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think they've just been neutral. I don't think they've done anything great in terms of all-time character portrayals or anything of the sort, but they haven't hurt anything either. Maybe that changes with the HBO influence.
    I think some modern DC shows have been quite popular with the masses like Smallville and now The Flash. The rest have been more niche, I think. Smallville sold very well in home media.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    A lot of superior shows over the years have not increased their audience and not even made it past the first season, so you can't point to that as a baseline for quality. The fact that the CW shows have been able to stay around as long as they have is enough evidence that they are popular enough, however.
    It's why I said usually, not always. When people really like a show, usually the ratings are stable or even increase. Never go so down like say Supergirl. That show used to have millions of viewers and lost most of them.

Maybe people didn't like those shows as much as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    To be fair, they put out a bunch of toys for Aquaman. Most collected dust on the shelves. Same with Shazam.
    Really? That doesn't make sense. Were those ugly toys? Do people still go to toy stores? Many buy online. Was it promoted?
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-09-2021 at 02:07 PM.

It's why I said usually, not always. When people really like a show, usually the ratings are stable or even increase. Never go so down like say Supergirl. That show used to have millions of viewers and lost most of them.

Maybe people didn't like those shows as much as you did.
    ...,or people prefer something else on instead at the same time. Again, if they're on for at least four seasons (which they have been so far), that means they are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    ...,or people prefer something else on instead at the same time. Again, if they're on for at least four seasons (which they have been so far), that means they are successful.
    or successful enough for the CW standards.

or successful enough for the CW standards.
    Well, they still have to make money, regardless of their standards. It appears the CW is okay in that department.

They are light years better than the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    At least DC doesn't try to bend the comics to match the shows/movies like Marvel does. That's just dumb.
    Excerpt DC has done that before, to act like they don't ever do it is plain denial.

Like what?
    Airtimes, hiatuses, newer shows, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think they've been pretty definitive as far as characters like Barry Allen, Supergirl, Reverse-Flash, etc.

Not a fan. They're too cliched and watered down. I think it kills chances for some of the characters to get movies I.E. the Flash and it would be deemed pointless. So yeah, more harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Not a fan. They're too cliched and watered down. I think it kills chances for some of the characters to get movies I.E. the Flash and it would be deemed pointless. So yeah, more harm.
    Flash having a TV show did not impact him getting a movie at all. The only thing holding Flash back movie-wise is DC not knowing what to do with him and Ezra Miller.

And I think Grant Gustin is a better Barry.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Excerpt DC has done that before, to act like they don't ever do it is plain denial.
    Like what? They back-pedaled on trying to make Ollie like the TV version and African-descent Wally West was book first even if Iris and her dad were casted with African-American actors in the show. Did they pull something from Black Lightning and Stargirl that I missed?
    "Cable was right!"