View Poll Results: Should Alternate reality characters be resurrected?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, no exceptions

5 5.95%
  • No, too messy

35 41.67%
  • Case by case basis

44 52.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

100% yes. I want all the Ultimate X-Men resurrected. ALL. OF. THEM!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Would get tricky, if they don't bring back mutants, because they are not from the "right" reality.
    It would get worse if it is done on a case by case base. And that is not even getting into the personal bias someone could have.

It was dicey enough with the last Version of the Goblin Queen.
    Just hope that if Madelyne Pryor can be brought back, the writer doing that is not having someone say "no clones" as an counterargument and worse getting away with it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

NO No No.

Only case for resurrecting mutants from an alternative time, are those who do not have 616/ MU counterparts, like Switchback from AoA or T-Rex from HoM
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Howlett? Oh yes!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

I think all these mutants should be resurrected and sent back to their prime universe. It's unfair that these alternate reality counterparts don't have the same privileges as all the other mutants on Krakoa. Krakoa is supposed to be safe haven for all mutants so why are some being excluded. There are already some mutant reality jumping immigrants on Krakoa like Gwenpool, Metus, and Manon and Maxine. Some established alternate reality mutants that are currently in the 616 universe are Bombshell, Klara Prast, Reine du Rien, and Jimmy Hudson.

Id love to see how the ultimate universe mutants react with resurrection protocols and the gates. Their X gene is artificial and different than biological mutants not to mention Bombshell is being held captive by CRADLE and Krakoa hasn't interfered.

Also love the template you made, ho'd you do it?

Extraordinary Member

They should bring Shard back

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is a very tricky one, and one it would probably be fun to explore same as the clone issue. Because if Rachel or Lucas die I'm sure they'll both be resurrected pronto despite being alternate reality characters. If someone has ties to the main 616 reality, ideally someone should advocate for them to be resurrected, ie Kurt for TJ or even Scott with Bloodstorm.

You could almost see it as the premise for a new Exiles series, a Krakoan tasked with returning every alternate reality character to their world...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yes...but not thru resurrection protocols. Last seen she was being given a physical body by Ftizroy and was converted into energy for Bishop to charge up and blast Fitzroy...only to miss and go thru one of Fitzroy's portals. Just have her physical body (missing the hand/arm she cut off to get out of a chain) drop into the mainstream reality.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Unless they're permanently stuck on 616 like Rachel, there's no need.

Also Old Man Logan died of old age so by Dragon Ball logic he has to stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think we covered that but the Shard in the present (in X-Factor) didn't have a body that Sinister could extract DNA from to produce a body.
    "Cable was right!"

No. Go set up Krakoa in your own reality

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm on a case by case basis. There are some alternate reality versions of characters that are far more compelling than the 616 version.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    I think all these mutants should be resurrected and sent back to their prime universe. It's unfair that these alternate reality counterparts don't have the same privileges as all the other mutants on Krakoa. Krakoa is supposed to be safe haven for all mutants so why are some being excluded. There are already some mutant reality jumping immigrants on Krakoa like Gwenpool, Metus, and Manon and Maxine. Some established alternate reality mutants that are currently in the 616 universe are Bombshell, Klara Prast, Reine du Rien, and Jimmy Hudson.

Id love to see how the ultimate universe mutants react with resurrection protocols and the gates. Their X gene is artificial and different than biological mutants not to mention Bombshell is being held captive by CRADLE and Krakoa hasn't interfered.

Also love the template you made, ho'd you do it?
    Is Klara Prast alternate reality? I was under the impression that she's just from the past of 616.

I voted for 'case by case', I don't like a blanket order where they all stay or all die. I think it is more realistic that it would depend on several factors.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Make 616 versions of cool AU characters without 616 counterparts. For example, Guardian has a nice visual.
    Having said that, I'd love a new Exiles with Black Cyclops and Gay Wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Nope. Rachel can go as well. Cable is a bit messy, since he IS 616, so he'd still count as non-AU. As for mach-2 and Guardian, just create the 616 counterpart and call it a day. And why would they resurrect Shadow-X when Maddie couldn't be resurrected?