View Poll Results: Should Alternate reality characters be resurrected?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, no exceptions

5 5.95%
  • No, too messy

35 41.67%
  • Case by case basis

44 52.38%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I’d like all AU characters back, but I don’t want them all hanging out in 616. Plop a Krakoa gate in every reality in case the mutants need a resurrection or if possible teach the system to other mutants so they can dominate all realities.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’d say yes. It feels a bit like a hypocrisy that the denizens of Krakoa preach of mutant unity and life yet would leave fellow mutants dead simply because they come from another universe. In quite a few cases, it’s not as though they asked to be taken from their native universe to end up in 616 so why should they be considered any lesser than any other despite being mutants themselves?

Aren’t all three of them currently alive?
    Kymera should be alive, Nocturne was in Ahmed's Exiles and I think Bendis brought all the 1610 characters back.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kymera should be alive, Nocturne was in Ahmed's Exiles and I think Bendis brought all the 1610 characters back.
    Kymera is now iffy thanks to Sina Grace, though that could easily be written off as an alternate version of her what with that section of the future constantly changing or flat out ignored like Marvel likes to do, Nocturne is in an Aladdin style universe and between Ewing and Bendis, I think there’s now 2 Ultimate Wasps running around unless the one we saw at the end of Spider-Men was the same one having returned to the UU.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well the Kymera in that Iceman story (where he's still screwing an evil Daken. God dammit.) is probably not the one from Battle of the Atom.

I forgot Ewing brought back the 1610 Ultimates too. What a head-ache.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Depends whether I like the character. Bishop and Rachel are here to stay. All the Ultimate Universe trash can stay gone. Never saw the appeal of any of the Bloodstorms. If there is an aspect of an AU character with a counterpart that worked better than the original, they should just find a way to introduce that aspect to the 616 version. Like people enjoy Howlett, a queer Wolverine, so they should just confirm 616 Wolvie as bi, easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It did seem the UU was restored at the end of Spider-Men II
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It did seem the UU was restored at the end of Spider-Men II
    It raises the question if the 1610 characters who died while the were on the 616 universe were resurrected when the UU was restored.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    It raises the question if the 1610 characters who died while the were on the 616 universe were resurrected when the UU was restored.
    Hard to say considering we didn’t get to see the X-Men. Though it’s my headcanon based on Pym and Janet being there that when Franklin restored the UU, he brought it back to its full strength, also restoring those who died in Ultimatum. Even Cap was there despite having been dead by the end of the Ultimate Universe and getting killed again in Ultimates2.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-11-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d like all AU characters back, but I don’t want them all hanging out in 616. Plop a Krakoa gate in every reality in case the mutants need a resurrection or if possible teach the system to other mutants so they can dominate all realities.
    I dont think thats practical. The Resurrection Protocols only exist bc of the mutants that exist and the massive collaboration of everyone involved, especially Sinister with his DNA catalog and Xavier having used Cerebro to backup people for decades. Like this would be impossible in AOA for example and most other realities that we know of.

Ultimate Member

Dark Beast needs to come back and be appalled by what sketchy crap 616 Beast is up to (and how transparent he's being about it), because that would amuse me.

But seriously, yes to Shard. Don't really care about any of the others mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think thats practical. The Resurrection Protocols only exist bc of the mutants that exist and the massive collaboration of everyone involved, especially Sinister with his DNA catalog and Xavier having used Cerebro to backup people for decades. Like this would be impossible in AOA for example and most other realities that we know of.
    They actually tried this, sort of, in AOA with the life seed. They brought back some mutants but then the equipment was destroyed.

I don't know if many people read it but the AOA ongoing with the humans was pretty good although it was heart breaking what happened to Rogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Jimmy Hudson is basically in character limbo. But I believe he's still alive. I would love to see 610 Guardian and Mach-5 resurrected if not a 616 versions of both of them.
    Maybe Miss Sinister will resurrect them. She killed them to prevent Emma from using them to attack her. But since she was so fascinated by their DNA I would think she has backup copies of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Maybe Miss Sinister will resurrect them. She killed them to prevent Emma from using them to attack her. But since she was so fascinated by their DNA I would think she has backup copies of them.
    I would say Miss Sinister has to be dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’d say yes. It feels a bit like a hypocrisy that the denizens of Krakoa preach of mutant unity and life yet would leave fellow mutants dead simply because they come from another universe. In quite a few cases, it’s not as though they asked to be taken from their native universe to end up in 616 so why should they be considered any lesser than any other despite being mutants themselves?

Aren’t all three of them currently alive?
    ultimate wasp isnt dea?????????

Mimic from Exiles should be resurrected.