Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We should get an idea of what's going on this month. Surely the issue will give us a clue of what's happening with the team, right? Even if it's to say the book is over and done (knock on wood), they kinda have to make it clear what is its status so readers know what to expect, since there is no issue for the next 3 months and no new announcements whatsoever.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-17-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sucks that Marvel just left us in the dark for 3 months. Still, glad we got closure on that. It's been a good run, hopefully Ewing can continue his threads in SWORD on the new X-Men book he is working on.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I have to wonder why Marvel seemingly backed off from Ewing getting the keys to Marvel's cosmic side? At least, considering GOTG now and (seemingly) SWORD in December are ending, what happened to the whole "new Marvel space age" thing that was talked about? Other than a wide reaching relaunch for most books in January/next year, why was this story was cut short? I mean, his side of the Venom book is apparently cosmic, so I guess there's that, but still, I hope he wasn't forced off of gotg to make room for a writer that's gonna conveniently put a more MCU friendly spin on the team again.

Anyway, regardless of all that, this has been my fav book of the year (due, in no small part, to having my favs Wiccan and Hulkling getting to be grown ups), and one of the only books I've been reading from Marvel. Hopefully the threads left are picked up elsewhere/this book comes back with Al still on board.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 09-22-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Ewing' SWORD is only ending because the entire X-line is getting a relaunch after the Wolverine event (ugh).
    But it's weird that they'd cancel Guardians right after a crossover. They're usually done to boost sales.

I'm seething. This was my favourite book! The book was doing well and from what I understand it was gaining readers. Damn you Marvel!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'm seething. This was my favourite book! The book was doing well and from what I understand it was gaining readers. Damn you Marvel!
    Marvel missed out on a modern classic regarding Guardians, sadly the books seems to have ended before it reach its full potential.
    Hopefully we get a new volume next year, and I'm hoping yet that Ewing is still on the book.

Still, it makes sense as to why he changed direction after #12.

Guardians are the new Champions. Constantly relaunched to the point that readers will just give up. Heck, Guardians have been relaunched even more times than the Champions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Guardians are the new Champions. Constantly relaunched to the point that readers will just give up. Heck, Guardians have been relaunched even more times than the Champions.
    I'll be happy in Ewing is able to continue his Guardians run in Champions, it felt like there was a lot of crossover between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ewing' SWORD is only ending because the entire X-line is getting a relaunch after the Wolverine event (ugh).
    But it's weird that they'd cancel Guardians right after a crossover. They're usually done to boost sales.
    Probably will set something up for the Guardioans Vol. 3 movie.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Movie have nothing to do with comics, no-sense

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Movie have nothing to do with comics, no-sense
    Naw, they often have a lot to do.
    Comics often get canceled, relaunched, or debut based on movies of TV series.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Fucking mad cuz after hyping up that new roster with DR. DOOM, Wiccan, Hulking and Quasars, all they get is one arc and Marvel calls it quits. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Why bother if it'll just get cancelled or rebooted?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Naw, they often have a lot to do.
    Comics often get canceled, relaunched, or debut based on movies of TV series.
    There is some truth, but comics more often have nothing to do with MCU. Sometimes marvel put some books out to get the tv show/movie hype.
    MCU doesn't share plans with comics. They don't need comics to set up anything

Feige taking over Marvel Entertainment hasn't seemed to really effect anything.