Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Sadly the Nebula mini is not going to be back

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-co...r-plus-hiatus/

That's an odd decision considering the progress they mention at the end of that article. Issue 3's finished, issue 4's drawn, and issue 5's written? Then all they need to do is one issue of art, and two issues of colours and letters. Surely they could at least do a TPB, even if they don't release the remaining issues as single floppies?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While sales estimates can be unreliable, for the month of June Guardians of the Galaxy issue #15 sold 36,137 units which have improved from the last time we had a sales estimate based on units in October 2020 when Issue #7 sold between 24,500 to 27,000.
    Surely sales of 36k+ warrant the book to continue? And especially as figures are going up and not down.

I wonder if there's a relaunch coming connected to Marvel's distributor switch to Penguin Random House? A relaunch for GOTG seems much more likely than a cancellation. We already know that Hulk, Venom, Black Panther and Captain America are relaunching in the near future.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lol i am loving the prince of power. Very He-man vibes i got from the GOTG annual issue. Lol, the way ewing described the prince of power transformation i felt if i read the script i would need a cold shower. lol Very fun annual. Haven't read immortal hulk yet been kind of busy off/on today but Ewing continues to impress even in such an offbeat story. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if there's a relaunch coming connected to Marvel's distributor switch to Penguin Random House? A relaunch for GOTG seems much more likely than a cancellation. We already know that Hulk, Venom, Black Panther and Captain America are relaunching in the near future.
    This is baseless speculation. The books tat ended gonna relaunch later, but they won't relaunch the line just beause they have a new distributor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Surely sales of 36k+ warrant the book to continue? And especially as figures are going up and not down.
    It will be strange if the book was cancelled while it seems to be gaining readers.

If I was to guess I think because of events like Last Annihilation and Inferno there may be a shift in the status quo, that may lead to a relaunch.

Now that im at a computer. Of course my fave page would be the most erotic origin story ever. lol. Ewing has a type?

gotgorgin.jpg

I found myself laughing out loud at the "I'll take it!"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Sadly the Nebula mini is not going to be back

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-co...r-plus-hiatus/
    I am very disappointed by that -- but I am still holding out some hope that they might release a trade paperback of the whole story, and just not finish the monthly release.

Its worth noting that Marvel hasn't officially confirmed the cancellation of the project--it is just "a source familiar with the project". That person could be mistaken, or Marvel could reverse the decision.

I wondered if they might consider finishing NEBULA around the release of THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER, when her MCU counterpart is back on the big screen again--something to help give the mini a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I am very disappointed by that -- but I am still holding out some hope that they might release a trade paperback of the whole story, and just not finish the monthly release.

Its worth noting that Marvel hasn't officially confirmed the cancellation of the project--it is just "a source familiar with the project". That person could be mistaken, or Marvel could reverse the decision.

I wondered if they might consider finishing NEBULA around the release of THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER, when her MCU counterpart is back on the big screen again--something to help give the mini a push.
    Or when Vol. 3 comes out and they massively push the Guardians again.

First page of X-Men #2... is a quote from Nova!

Nice X-Men mention. He also showed up with the Avengers in the recent Hulk title, tho he didn't have his GotG jacket...

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    First page of X-Men #2... is a quote from Nova!

Why is it in X-Men #2? No offense, I'm glad Nova is quoted, but probably the Annihilation War (I guess) must have some relevance to the happenings in this issue. Can someone explain what happens in X-Men #2? Thx!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Why is it in X-Men #2? No offense, I'm glad Nova is quoted, but probably the Annihilation War (I guess) must have some relevance to the happenings in this issue. Can someone explain what happens in X-Men #2? Thx!
    Essentially the X-Men fight the remnant of the Annihilation wave.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I was recently rewatching Earths Mightiest Heroes and came across the guardians episode. If the show were to ever be revived can you guys see them continuing with the pre movie depiction of Star Lord or would they change him up to be more like his MCU counterpart?
    Depends on the writer. I'd rather they stick to any pre-Bendis/pre-Pratt versions.
    "Cable was right!"