Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean that the book won't relaunch. We've seen that happen before -- a book takes a couple of months off and then the same creative team (or at least the same writer) launch again with a new #1. I would be really surprised if Ewing's GOTG was just ending like this, given that this is the best the book has been in years AND Marvel has basically just made Ewing their main writer for cosmic-based books.
    I honestly hope for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Noooooo! This is my favourite book!! Please don't say it's cancelled

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Yes. I have a comic subscription through G-Mart. When I checked my subscription list for October GotG, Black Cat, WoX, and X-Corp are all inactive. When they’re inactive that means they’re cancelled, per the guy I emailed to verify it.
    Attachment 112099
    I hadn't even noticed Guardians wasn't on the October solicits. Unfortunately there might be some truth to this, since Strange Academy and Way Of X have been missing solicits for more than one month, so it does seem like they are cancelled. It'll be a shame if Ewing's run gets cancelled right now when it had just gone through some big shifting to make it so big. He'll barely have any time to explore all of those characters properly.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I really hope this hasn't been cancelled, from the way Ewing sounded during an interview for this, it seemed like he had another expansion passed The Last Annihilation. Plus, that's another series with a heavy percentage of queer characters getting cancelled this year :/

It urks me that certain books can continue on being panned without getting cancelled while a series that's just getting started like this is yanked. Hopefully, worst case scenario and this book does unfortunately have to end, it'll continue on through maybe Ewing bringing back his Ultimates team but composed of members from this book + some members transferring over to SWORD and his new Venom book, which seems to be cosmic based as well. Hopefully this is just all of us worrying for nothing though
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 08-03-2021 at 05:36 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I hadn't even noticed Guardians wasn't on the October solicits. Unfortunately there might be some truth to this, since Strange Academy and Way Of X have been missing solicits for more than one month, so it does seem like they are cancelled. It'll be a shame if Ewing's run gets cancelled right now when it had just gone through some big shifting to make it so big. He'll barely have any time to explore all of those characters properly.
    Strange Academy is getting a Death of Doc Strange tie-in and Way of X got replaced with that Onslaught thing so we don't know what will happen after those.

September GotG is the end of Last Annihilation so they're probably just skipping a month like Runaways did.
    "Cable was right!"

I'll wait to see a final issue solicit before I assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No one needs to worry for now. Seems like Ewing has the cosmic keys for a while.

Yes, me too. Sometimes info and books get held up, even in today's "modern, technological world".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

While sales estimates can be unreliable, for the month of June Guardians of the Galaxy issue #15 sold 36,137 units which have improved from the last time we had a sales estimate based on units in October 2020 when Issue #7 sold between 24,500 to 27,000.

I'd really hope not, I really like the current team status and there's still enough to explore from the members to throw it all away:/

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    Been reading this series, really love how Ewing has handled both the team and Rich Rider. Really hope this series continues despite no october solicit.

Random question here if anyone knows since the Nova thread seems left behind. Have Carol and Rich interacted? iirc by the time Nova got big on the cosmic side Carol was still on earth acting as Ms Marvel right? And then since he came back I don't think they've properly interacted aside from Kamala telling him Carol is now Captain Marvel
    Ah yes, that exchange from Nova #2.

Rich "He's dead"
    Kamala "She's not".

At the end, poor Rich complained that there were too many kid heroes - ironic since he was a teen hero himself originally. It's also an odd reaction because the Champions are a LOT like the original New Warriors.

Marvel doesn't label solicits as Final Issue like DC does.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-04-2021 at 04:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ah yes, that exchange from Nova #2.

Rich "He's dead"
    Kamala "She's not".

At the end, poor Rich complained that there were too many kid heroes - ironic since he was a teen hero himself originally.
    Indeed. Those were good times (IMHO):

I was recently rewatching Earths Mightiest Heroes and came across the guardians episode. If the show were to ever be revived can you guys see them continuing with the pre movie depiction of Star Lord or would they change him up to be more like his MCU counterpart?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I was recently rewatching Earths Mightiest Heroes and came across the guardians episode. If the show were to ever be revived can you guys see them continuing with the pre movie depiction of Star Lord or would they change him up to be more like his MCU counterpart?
    I love Chris Pratt, but I really don't care for the man-child loser they turned comic book Star-Lord into, based on his interpretation of the character (which, IMHO, was far less extreme, at first, then what we got in the comics).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He'd probably be made into an 80s music lover like in the MCU. He wouldn't be the only one updated - Carol Danvers would almost certainly become Captain Marvel, with Kamala Khan added as the new Ms. Marvel, I could also see Hank Pym (who was significantly older than Janet) being revealed to have a previous wife like in the comics, thus setting up Wasp II, and considering Spider-Man, Wolverine, and a few other heroes were introduced in season 2, probably more spiders and X-Men introduced too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman