Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

As I recall, Phylla also could never fully master the Quantum Bands potential, which may account for her not being reduced to ashes.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Wendell has died a few times -- and that seemed to end the permanent bonding aspect. When he was killed the bands were taken by Annihilus, and then recovered by Phyla who used them to became the 2nd Quasar. When Wendell was restored to life, she gave the bands back to him. Since then there has been no mention of the permanent bond being reinstated. There has so far been no explanation of how Wendell got the bands back in the first place after Avril was supposedly killed and disappeared at the end of "Secret Empire".

As for Wendell's lack of killer instinct being what allowed him to control than bands--that theory has been disproven by the other band users since him (Phyla, Avril and especially Annihilus...although he mostly used them as a power source as opposed to actually accessing their abilities). It is interesting to note that both Phyla and Avril are openly gay, and Wendell has been speculated to be gay or bisexual (not just by fans, but in-story as well--in his solo series Wendell's girlfriend admits she thought that he and Makkari were a couple). I doubt that Marvel will actually reveal that the Quantum Bands only work for queer users--but so far it does seem to be the pattern that's developing.
    Excellent analysis, Dermie. It certainly explains why Mar-Vell never got the Quantum Bands

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    As I recall, Phylla also could never fully master the Quantum Bands potential, which may account for her not being reduced to ashes.

Peace
    I always saw that as less that she couldnt, but more than she didnt. She never believed that she could, so she wasnt able to do it.

A bit like the old comparison to Green Lantern, it takes the will and determination to use the bands' power, and she lacked that due to her own lack of self-worth. Had she believed in herself and been more confident, like this Phylla we have now, she wouldn't have had the same issues.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I found this on Tumblr! Couldn't find the rest *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 05-07-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Now that's something you don't see too often ....Doom using the old Ovid Mind Transfer. Surprisingly, CBR had the full preview yesterday
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-07-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Issue #14 was genuinely a fun read.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Moondragon has been so amazing in this run.- love her new look with the eye makeup

loving Peter's new bearded look too - Al has been doing a fantastic job with Guardians and SWORD

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Moondragon has been so amazing in this run.- love her new look with the eye makeup

loving Peter's new bearded look too - Al has been doing a fantastic job with Guardians and SWORD
    I was going to ask about Moondragaon.

Have they shown her using her powers well? TP and her TK? Does she seem more powerful now?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was going to ask about Moondragaon.

Have they shown her using her powers well? TP and her TK? Does she seem more powerful now?
    She seemed to have gotten a power boost cause she merged with an alternate time line version of herself. She also has a direct connection to the Dragon now. When she manifests the Dragon, her powers are boosted.

She has been shown flying so guessing that is her TK ... but she has been using her telepathy extensively ...and using it in smart ways.

She seems to be Earth's non- mutant telepath expert like Dr Strange is to magic.

She also showed up in last Iron Man issue for great scenes with Hellcat. She was able to use her telepathy from planets away to contact Hellcat.

She seemed to have gotten a power boost cause she merged with an alternate time line version of herself. She also has a direct connection to the Dragon now. When she manifests the Dragon, her powers are boosted.

She has been shown flying so guessing that is her TK ... but she has been using her telepathy extensively ...and using it in smart ways.

She seems to be Earth's non- mutant telepath expert like Dr Strange is to magic.

She also showed up in last Iron Man issue for great scenes with Hellcat. She was able to use her telepathy from planets away to contact Hellcat.
    Thank you so much! I am going to have to pick up this series!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

E1NgvvCWEAkjO0m.jpg Pride month cover!

E1NgvvCWEAkjO0m.jpg Pride month cover!
    So cool! I really need to get this series. I wonder if it is in a collected edition?

Do you know what the next stories are going to be about?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

So cool! I really need to get this series. I wonder if it is in a collected edition?
    The first trade of Ewing's run is available, and the second is coming soon (end of the month, or early June?).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The first trade of Ewing's run is available, and the second is coming soon (end of the month, or early June?).
    Thank you my friend!

This sounds like a good run. I Hope it continues.

Do you know what the next stories are going to be about?
    Next up is the crossover with SWORD written by same writer