Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

They even got Master Chief to voice Star-Lord in that episode.

My book of the week. I continue to love Al Ewing version of Doom. spoilers:
    seems like he struck a deal with the arrako omega with the insect abilities and created a technological equivilant. guardians.jpg
    end of spoilers So doom.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I am really loving how this reads like an Annihilation sequel (more so than Annihilation Conquest). Richard in a leadership role, Star-Lord in an advisory type role, Gamora being deadly, and Quasar being a super-hero co-worker - this really feels nostalgic. Separately, I hadn't realized that Cable would feature in this event until I saw the cover of tie-in issues - pretty pumped for it.

Doom considering himself superior to the Annihilation Wave is peak Doom ego. But then again, we just saw the X-men easily handle some of the Annihilation wave in their book, so Doom might not be off base.

One question I had: What is the purpose of time travel here? Is it just to save transit time? Is it just being used instead of teleportation?

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Nothing in the November solicits, once again Really worried now that it's ending post The Last Annihilation.

Ultimate Member

Dormammu is unlike the average cosmic threat in that he was a mortal (Faltinian) sorcerer who seized the flames of regency and became ruler of the dark dimension (and they can and have been taken from him before, by his sister Umar, for instance).

Doom has a long history of meeting cool cosmic characters like the Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Beyonder, etc. and trying to steal their powers for himself. Dormammu is *even more* 'stealable' than some of those Doom's already stolen. It would be 100% on-brand for him to be planning on stealing Dormammu's new power for himself, and becoming (at least temporarily) a new Sorcerer Supreme type figure.

On an unrelated note; with such a gigantic glorious Legion-esque group of Guardians, I kind of want to see even *more!* Cosmo. Bug. Nikki. Aleta-as-Starhawk. Some representation from the Shiar Imperial Guard (preferably one of the lesser seen folk, not Gladiator or Oracle).

Loved how Rich was pissed off at the idea of another Civil War/heroes being too busy fighting each other as the reason for why the earth heroes weren't answering lol

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    Loved how Rich was pissed off at the idea of another Civil War/heroes being too busy fighting each other as the reason for why the earth heroes weren't answering lol
    That line gave me quite a chuckle.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    That line gave me quite a chuckle.
    I know, right?! Definitely brings back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Definitely brings back memories.

Great scene. The meta-commentary in it is intense.

Peace

Definitely one of my favorite Rich scenes .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Nothing in the November solicits, once again Really worried now that it's ending post The Last Annihilation.
    Yeah, it's not looking good... then again, Strange Academy came back with a new issue after 2 months without one, so not all hope is lost. Let's hope it at least relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My book of the week. I continue to love Al Ewing version of Doom. spoilers:
    seems like he struck a deal with the arrako omega with the insect abilities and created a technological equivilant.
    end of spoilers So doom.
    So spoilers. Your spoil tag didn't hide the image. Just link to it next time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They could just be avoiding solicits cause it spoils the ending of Anhiilation ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They could just be avoiding solicits cause it spoils the ending of Anhiilation ya never know.
    They can still solicit and just censor it. They did it sometimes in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Spoiling their own events has never stopped Marvel in the past.