Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

There is also the possibility that there may be a relaunch of X-Men in January with Hickman leaving, and Ewing hinting that he is playing a big role in shaping the future of those titles the reshuffling behind the scenes may have caused a delay in this books.

Hopefully, Ewing doesn't leave Guardians.

Who know may be Hickman's next big project with marvel is its Cosmic line, it might offer him some the freedom he likes.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 08-21-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They could just be avoiding solicits cause it spoils the ending of Anhiilation ya never know.
    They solicited the Dormammu cover before we knew he was the villain by blacking him out in the image... so that's not really an excuse. You can solicit stuff without giving spoilers away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    There is also the possibility that there may be a relaunch of X-Men in January with Hickman leaving, and Ewing hinting that he is playing a big role in shaping the future of those titles the reshuffling behind the scenes may have caused a delay in this books.

Hopfully, Ewing doesn't leave Guardians.

Who know may be Hickman's next big project with marvel is its Cosmic line, it might offer him some the freedom he likes.
    I could see Hickman writing Guardians, but if that's happening... hopefully Ewing gave him the keys willingly and it wasn't a case of Marvel kicking him out of the franchise to make way for another writer. That would not be cool.

I guess I'm kind of curious how Hickman would write Guardians compared to his Avengers and X-Men runs.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I don't think Hickman's next project is gonna be GOTG/cosmic. Wasn't Ewing the one Marvel apparently asked to help shape that side things? That would be pretty messy to just kick him out cause Hickman got bored on the x-side. Plus he said his next thing wasn't gonna be a monthly book.

That being said, if it does end up being GOTG, I wonder how he'll handle the fact that this particular cast of gotg is more queer leaning. I could see the cast being shaved down to essential gotg members only, which would suck considering Ewing *just* expanded the cast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I don't think Hickman's next project is gonna be GOTG/cosmic. Wasn't Ewing the one Marvel apparently asked to help shape that side things? That would be pretty messy to just kick him out cause Hickman got bored on the x-side. Plus he said his next thing wasn't gonna be a monthly book.

That being said, if it does end up being GOTG, I wonder how he'll handle the fact that this particular cast of gotg is more queer leaning. I could see the cast being shaved down to essential gotg members only, which would suck considering Ewing *just* expanded the cast.
    This feels like a running trend, DnA had 10+ members until Bendis took over he brought that down to 5 until adding members where it hit those numbers again, Duggan kept it still small only having 6 all around, Cates 5 adding it up to big numbers (going to be honest didn't read cates just went by word of mouth still DotI salty), and now Ewing 5 could say Rocket's team was the GotG until they got the other members and now 10+.

He'd get so much heat for that if all the Queers got cut.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

Hopefully, Ewing doesn't leave Guardians.

If we lose Ewing on Guardians, I’m hoping this is the case.

I think if the cast was shaved down, there’d be a couple team/solo books featuring the cast. The only problem I have with the current book is the cast is too bloated. If I were an editor I’d have GotG, Quasars, Nova, Infinity Watch, and maybe a Starforce book.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He'd get so much heat for that if all the Queers got cut.
    He wouldn't care. He'd just give one a recurring background role and then somehow that would be magically okay to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I think if the cast was shaved down, there’d be a couple team/solo books featuring the cast. The only problem I have with the current book is the cast is too bloated. If I were an editor I’d have GotG, Quasars, Nova, Infinity Watch, and maybe a Starforce book.
    That is too many books that won't sustain theirselves.

I think Hickman is doing a mini/event to close his contract to Marvel. I have a hunch it may be Inhumans
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-21-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    That is too many books that won't sustain theirselves.

I think Hickman is doing a mini/event to close his contract to Marvel. I have a hunch it may be Inhumans
    If Marvel and Hickman approached it like they did the post HoX/PoX X-books they might be able to.

I’m also interested if they do something with the Inhumans. They’ve been neglected for too long.

If Ewing goes I'll be very sad. It feels like he's only been on the book for 5 minutes. I hate all this constant chopping and changing.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    If Ewing goes I'll be very sad. It feels like he's only been on the book for 5 minutes. I hate all this constant chopping and changing.
    True, especially if the book is selling well and the fan vibe is very good.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Marvel has a serious problem when it comes to abruptly ending a series as well. Not only do the writers not know, but the fans don't either. There needs to be some kind of confirmation that the series is officially cancelled/ending instead of pussyfooting around.
    Ewing was probably told ahead of time and that allowed him to get to his ending, he said months earlier he was going to go in a different direction before taking it to this one, which leads me to believe he was given six months notice or so.

But I think about Williams with X-Factor and Mary-Jane. Heck, Amazing Mary-Jane didn't even get officially cancelled, Marvel just seemed to have forgotten about it which upsets me as I was enjoying that story.

Regardless, Marvel need to tell People if Guardians is finished or not, because it just sets People's minds at ease.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Marvel has a serious problem when it comes to abruptly ending a series as well. Not only do the writers not know, but the fans don't either. There needs to be some kind of confirmation that the series is officially cancelled/ending instead of pussyfooting around.
    Ewing was probably told ahead of time and that allowed him to get to his ending, he said months earlier he was going to go in a different direction before taking it to this one, which leads me to believe he was given six months notice or so.

But I think about Williams with X-Factor and Mary-Jane. Heck, Amazing Mary-Jane didn't even get officially cancelled, Marvel just seemed to have forgotten about it which upsets me as I was enjoying that story.

Regardless, Marvel need to tell People if Guardians is finished or not, because it just sets People's minds at ease.
    Marvel has a policy about not announcing cancellations, and not allowing the creative team to announce it either until a certain point. We found out about Runaways being cancelled just days before the final issue came out. It's not clear why they operate like this, but people speculate that they might believe that an early cancellation announcement might lead to a drop in the sales of said book. So they prefer to string fans along as much as they can, knowing they're gonna hold onto hope the book is gonna continue. It's kinda cruel, but clever.