Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Or Peter Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I would prefer to see a good old fashioned love triangle between Rich, Gamora, and Peter. I'd like to see the conflict of two friends vying for Gamora's affections, and it becoming a competition that sometimes fractures the team. You'd have Team Nova with Quasar, Drax, Mantis and Super-Skull, and Team Star-Lord with Rocket, Groot, Phylla, Moondragon, and Not-varr.

Ultimately, Rich finds his way back to Namorita, Star-Lord finds another love interest, and the spurned Gamora REALLY turns into the most deadly woman in the universe.
    That's not a love triangle, its a love V.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    That's not a love triangle, its a love V.
    To-mayto, To-mahto

Mighty Member

Honestly Star Lord being bi just made a lot of sense to me. The guy screws with all sorts of aliens, him liking a guy isn't out of the norm for him.
    If you told me someone like Peter Parker or Tony Stark was bi, I'd question it, but with Star Lord, yeah, he probably experimented around a bit and found he liked something.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get Ewing's intentions but I'll be kind of shocked if it ever comes up in a meaningful way again. Maybe if he writes the team long enough but I think he'll have to stick with innuendo and implied stuff when writing Peter, because even what he did do wasn't as implicit as I feel like he probably could have been with another character. At least in my opinion.

Also, nice Venti avatar .
    I don't disagree that it can easily be ignored by future writers. I'm just saying that, as far as we're concerned, it's canon, so it's not out of the question to consider Peter to be something other than 100% straight. Outing someone is the first step to get something done, even if long term. Just look at Hercules: he also never had any meaningful same-gender relationships until Ewing decided to give that to him just recently. Same thing goes for Jed McKay writing Black Cat and acknowledging her as bi years after she dropped a throwaway line about having girlfriends. It's never too late.

I would prefer to see a good old fashioned love triangle between Rich, Gamora, and Peter. I'd like to see the conflict of two friends vying for Gamora's affections, and it becoming a competition that sometimes fractures the team. You'd have Team Nova with Quasar, Drax, Mantis and Super-Skull, and Team Star-Lord with Rocket, Groot, Phylla, Moondragon, and Not-varr.

Ultimately, Rich finds his way back to Namorita, Star-Lord finds another love interest, and the spurned Gamora REALLY turns into the most deadly woman in the universe.
    I don't find that exciting at all, certainly not considering their current dynamic. It would do nothing but create unnecessary drama and sort of put a stain on Peter and Rich's friendship. I think Ewing has been trying to create too strong of a bond between them to simply end it with them fighting over a woman. I prefer if there is no romance at all than to see the story going this way.

I wouldn't mind Rich getting back with Nita, though. But that would require writers caring to write him as someone connected to the Earth heroes again, which is so rare these days. He got so big on the cosmic side that most people don't seem to want to write him away from that anymore. Case in point: when all the original New Warriors were supposed to reunite for the now cancelled Outlawed mini, Rich was the only one from the original crew that got excluded from the story. Not sure if a Rich/Nita relationship can survive today unless she goes to the cosmic side.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure if a Rich/Nita relationship can survive today unless she goes to the cosmic side.
    And as a tangent to that, I wonder if Namor has considered taking the Atlantean empire off-Earth? Namorita or Namora as the regent of an Atlantean colony in some other world's oceans could be interesting, and a way to make them relevant to the cosmic scene.

Bonus points if they can open up a portal when the moons of the respective worlds hit a certain configuration to connect one of these far-flung territories to 'mother' Atlantis on Earth (not at will or constantly, because that would lack drama), and they call it a 'tide pool.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And as a tangent to that, I wonder if Namor has considered taking the Atlantean empire off-Earth? Namorita or Namora as the regent of an Atlantean colony in some other world's oceans could be interesting, and a way to make them relevant to the cosmic scene.

Bonus points if they can open up a portal when the moons of the respective worlds hit a certain configuration to connect one of these far-flung territories to 'mother' Atlantis on Earth (not at will or constantly, because that would lack drama), and they call it a 'tide pool.'
    Atlanteans seem a bit weird to me. One minute they are seen as a technologically advanced nation and the next minute they are seen as almost cavemen like.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Atlanteans seem a bit weird to me. One minute they are seen as a technologically advanced nation and the next minute they are seen as almost cavemen like.
    Yeah, this. I was a huge fan of the 1960's Sub-Mariner series as a kid, but when I reread the stories recently, some stuff bothered me. Attuma attacks with his 'barbarian hordes', and they are all armed with futuristic weaponry. There was very little time spent in the series explaining Atlantean society. What was the population of Atlantis? How big was it? How did the people live? How advanced were they? I'm still not sure lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't disagree that it can easily be ignored by future writers. I'm just saying that, as far as we're concerned, it's canon, so it's not out of the question to consider Peter to be something other than 100% straight. Outing someone is the first step to get something done, even if long term. Just look at Hercules: he also never had any meaningful same-gender relationships until Ewing decided to give that to him just recently. Same thing goes for Jed McKay writing Black Cat and acknowledging her as bi years after she dropped a throwaway line about having girlfriends. It's never too late.

I don't find that exciting at all, certainly not considering their current dynamic. It would do nothing but create unnecessary drama and sort of put a stain on Peter and Rich's friendship. I think Ewing has been trying to create too strong of a bond between them to simply end it with them fighting over a woman. I prefer if there is no romance at all than to see the story going this way.

I wouldn't mind Rich getting back with Nita, though. But that would require writers caring to write him as someone connected to the Earth heroes again, which is so rare these days. He got so big on the cosmic side that most people don't seem to want to write him away from that anymore. Case in point: when all the original New Warriors were supposed to reunite for the now cancelled Outlawed mini, Rich was the only one from the original crew that got excluded from the story. Not sure if a Rich/Nita relationship can survive today unless she goes to the cosmic side.
    I would agree that no romance would make things easier, but unnecessary drama is a staple of good storytelling. Everyone acknowledges Rich and Peter have a great friendship, but maybe in the right storyline Gamora would be the 'face that launched a thousand spaceships'?

I would agree that no romance would make things easier, but unnecessary drama is a staple of good storytelling. Everyone acknowledges Rich and Peter have a great friendship, but maybe in the right storyline Gamora would be the 'face that launched a thousand spaceships'?
    I don't know if either of them is that serious about Gamora at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if either of them is that serious about Gamora at this point.
    Even better. Problem solved. On to the next one!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/16/de...solicitations/

Nothing in December I guess that means it's either gone gone, or it's relaunching next year. Hopefully if it is relaunched, it keeps most of the team, there's so many juicy storylines we could get with this group, and I'd hate to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Nothing in December I guess that means it's either gone gone, or it's relaunching next year. Hopefully if it is relaunched, it keeps most of the team, there's so many juicy storylines we could get with this group, and I'd hate to lose it.
    I've been quite certain for some time that the current run of GOTG ends next issue with the end of The Last Annihilation. In fact, the title of issue 18 (Then It's Us) was also the title of issue 1, which makes it kind of a full circle thing.
    At the same time, I'm also quite sure that the book will be relaunched early next year with Ewing still at the helm.
    He is currently in charge of Marvel Cosmic and is directly involved in all of the space books (GOTG, S.W.O.R.D., Venom). He has talked about how he has big plans for Marvel Cosmic and he has recently hinted at another space crossover coming next summer (probably between the new volume of GOTG and the sequel X-Men book that follows up on S.W.O.R.D.).

As for the team members, I believe Ewing said in an interview earlier this year that he was looking for ways to make this team even bigger so I'm pretty sure most if not all of the current members will still be around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I've been quite certain for some time that the current run of GOTG ends next issue with the end of The Last Annihilation. In fact, the title of issue 18 (Then It's Us) was also the title of issue 1, which makes it kind of a full circle thing.
    At the same time, I'm also quite sure that the book will be relaunched early next year with Ewing still at the helm.
    He is currently in charge of Marvel Cosmic and is directly involved in all of the space books (GOTG, S.W.O.R.D., Venom). He has talked about how he has big plans for Marvel Cosmic and he has recently hinted at another space crossover coming next summer (probably between the new volume of GOTG and the sequel X-Men book that follows up on S.W.O.R.D.).

As for the team members, I believe Ewing said in an interview earlier this year that he was looking for ways to make this team even bigger so I'm pretty sure most if not all of the current members will still be around.
    For what follows up SWORD I can see a Shi'ar/Imperial Guard book with members who are top choicess to join the guard needing to join the GotG until their time comes. An easy way to expand the GotG roster. I and many others hope for Ewing to also get to Inhumans again Inhuman-Royals book and could get members of them to join the GotG as well.

Maybe GOTG is off for a couple of months due to Last of the Marvels in the Captain Marvel book? Noh-Varr and Phyla are involved in that, as both are former Captain Marvels (it involves all six Captain Marvels - Carol, Monica, Genis and Mar-Vell being the others - plus Kamala Khan).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman