The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So its official, Richard Rider is LBGT?
    Buy me the issue and I'll tell you.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Buy me the issue and I'll tell you.
    seems like Ewing was building to this, as he had Nova say he love Peter and Gamora saying she love him too. and then this issue All 3 characters say they love each other. chances is, I doubt Rich saying " i love you guys too" is platonic. is could be just heavily implied they at the end are in a trouple. especially as Peter Quill was already in a trouple before already.

It definitely seems like Nova, Star-lord and Gamora are now a throuple. It's sad this development will probably be ignored in the next relaunch, since it was never made explicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    seems like Ewing was building to this, as he had Nova say he love Peter and Gamora saying she love him too. and then this issue All 3 characters say they love each other. chances is, I doubt Rich saying " i love you guys too" is platonic. is could be just heavily implied they at the end are in a trouple. especially as Peter Quill was already in a trouple before already.
    FOR me it was platonic, it really reads as love bigger than romantic and sexual.

But fans gonna ship the hell out of it, I don't really care for it
    Last edited by Writerblog; 09-22-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Sad that the book ended cancelled. I was enjoying Ewing run (much much better than Cates). Wonder what will be his next big project and wonder who will take over the Guardians once Marvel decides to relaunch it.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wow, I wasn't expecting to hear this sort of news. What happened? It can't just be because Ewing is moving on, is it? Marvel should have a bunch of creators waiting on deck to take over, if that's the case. If the book warrants it. I don't understand how Marvel expects people to invest long-term if they keep shutting down projects like this.
    This really sucks. In 4 years the book had 3 relaunches. Marvel need to stop relaunch, normalize not renumbering after changing creative teams

Then 2022 it will relaunch again. Just too much, it is relaunching more than punisher

Incredible Member

Satisfying ending. Would have loved to see more of these characters in Ewing's hands, but enjoyed what I got.

I wonder if Doom's magical upgrade will be picked up on by anyone (From Slott not playing nice with Franklin Richards, I don't imagine he'll use utilize this story beat for his Doom).

It was a good gag about Richard's tendency towards sacrificial martyrdom.
    I also felt like the conversation with Richard at the end of this issue was them leading him into a threeway, but overall my feeling from the series as a whole is more platonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It definitely seems like Nova, Star-lord and Gamora are now a throuple. It's sad this development will probably be ignored in the next relaunch, since it was never made explicit.
    Hmmm I didn't read it that way from Rich. But you're probably right. Either way it will probably be never mentioned again so we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    This really sucks. In 4 years the book had 3 relaunches. Marvel need to stop relaunch, normalize not renumbering after changing creative teams

Then 2022 it will relaunch again. Just too much, it is relaunching more than punisher
    Totally agree. Can't stand all this constant chopping and changing. Does it actually have an effect on readership? Do more people buy and stick with the series every time it's relaunched?

For me this is the best run since the DnA series, so I'm super gutted that the book is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't really buy it from Rich's side, so I'm pretty okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Totally agree. Can't stand all this constant chopping and changing. Does it actually have an effect on readership? Do more people buy and stick with the series every time it's relaunched?

For me this is the best run since the DnA series, so I'm super gutted that the book is cancelled.
    Yeah, this run got me back into reading comics so I'm really sad it's officially over Ewing did so great with all the main characters and interactions, so sad he doesn't get to continue since he mentioned he still had some ideas/plans for them (or at the very least Rich) in an interview. Here's hoping the next run doesn't ruin everything...

I think each case is different. With Ewing it happened twice: new Avengers was relaunched as US. Avengers and got cancelled. Marvel relaunched ultimates as Ultimates˛ and it got cancelled too.

Most of times it only get a big sales bump on first issue.

I really didn't connect with this run, but it is really unfortunate that ended on last issue of a crossover. I think it could get more issues
    Last edited by Writerblog; 09-22-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Something similar happened with Mighty Avengers, which was relaunched as Captain America & the Mighty Avengers, only later to become The Ultimates, which morphed into its final form of Ultimates 2. Based on activity in this forum it seemed like the readership over the course of those titles was growing. But by the time we were comfortably in our seats with popcorn in hand, they pulled the plug on the Ultimates. That was the end of the line for that team.

Hopefully, that won't be the case with Guardians, since there's another movie in the works. Marvel will probably want to put out a title to keep the buzz going.

Mighty Member

While I not surprised this news is dissappointing. This have been my favourite Marve book and the first time in a long while I've really gotten into a GOTG run.

I hope we will still see Ewing use these characters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    FOR me it was platonic, it really reads as love bigger than romantic and sexual.

But fans gonna ship the hell out of it, I don't really care for it
    I could see how some could read it as a poly relationship developing, however I also didn't see it as that because while Rich and Gamora were rekindling their romantic feelings for eachother Perter didn't seem to have any romantic interest in either even though he clearly loves them.

It seemed more about the strong bond the three share, "they are famaily" and the love that they share is bigger than any relationship entanglements

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I wish the book ended on a higher note, but Ewing has unfortunately proven to not be a good writer of events; between this one and Empyre, they just both felt flat. Dormammu was portrayed poorly, didn't really do anything himself (his presence existed but he was a background image essentially) and the one attack thrown at him defeated him. The last few chapters with Hulkling and Wiccan, then the Wakkandans and now the Guardians, the threat in each issue felt so weak and the threat so easily overcome, you don't want that with your event villain or a villain at all. It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise given how the Ultimates ended pretty weakly (and he scrapped his initial ending with Galactus stopping the First Fallen and returning to his devourer status because he liked lifebringer Galactus only for Galactus to revert back to the devourer a few months later), he also wrote a big threat like The Dragon of the Moon as a mere nuisance earlier in the run as well as the Progenitors before the Annihilation event. The event really degraded the whole Annihilation name, even the mini event with Sentry in the Negative Zone was better and felt like more was at stake.

I like the double sized team Ewing assembled (even if most of them did nothing in this last issue), I thought the Olympians storyline was fun even if the Olympians themselves and how they returned weren't really fleshed out well in it. Not really a fan of Ewing's Starlord, feels like a different character. Having the two Quasars swap between one another was a happy medium that works for everyone. I feel Ewing wrote Rocket pretty well (just needed a bit more fun to him). Drax seemed a bit too relegated to the background.

I think it could work out if Ewing would take Aaron's job on The Avengers, he'd be better suited there than he is for cosmic stuff, in my opinion at least. I'm not really a big fan of Ewing though, he just ends up writing a lot of characters I like and cosmic stories that I always follow, I don't mean to disparage him or his fans, his stuff just has this feel that I like many elements to the stories he writes, just not the execution as a whole.

The Guardians, I'm not sure who'd I'd like to see take on the title next. If Tom Taylor's Dark Ages ends up being good maybe him, as the first issue had a positive vibe to me that hearkens back to some works from the 90's to very early 2000's (2000-2002, pre-Quesada takeover). Christopher Cantwell as well could work well if his current Iron Man run is any indication so far.