Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hercules, Mantis, Moondragon, who else? Nova's only been a Secret Avenger, Wiccan and Hulkling were Young and New, Noh-Varr was Dark, Young and West Coast.
    Quasar (Wendell) was an Avenger in the late 80s and early 90s, and Noh-Varr had a stint on the main Avengers team under the name Protector about 10 years ago.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If you read Strikeforce Billy alluded to this situation & was scared shitless at the idea of being alone in a room with doom cause he and I quote "Hate's Me", only to start talking **** to him, just to realize he was a doombot, and then pretended to be Doom and started monologuing as him it was so funny, then he started talking **** about him again in the next issue it was funny.
    Yeah, I remember that. The thing is as long as Wanda was around in Children's Crusade Wiccan was pretty safe. Now he is own so it will be interesting to see how things go between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hercules, Mantis, Moondragon, who else? Nova's only been a Secret Avenger, Wiccan and Hulkling were Young and New, Noh-Varr was Dark, Young and West Coast.
    Quasar, Wendal Vaughn. Heck, in his own book he was identified as Quasar, The Cosmic Avenger!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Quasar (Wendell) was an Avenger in the late 80s and early 90s, and Noh-Varr had a stint on the main Avengers team under the name Protector about 10 years ago.
    Yeah, my bad. I completely erase from my mind most of what Bendis did. It's 5 then. Or maybe not, since he no longer goes by The Protector. Yeah, I think I'm gonna use that out.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, my bad. I completely erase from my mind most of what Bendis did. It's 5 then. Or maybe not, since he no longer goes by The Protector. Yeah, I think I'm gonna use that out.
    In fairness I wouldn't blame anyone if they forgot Protector was Noh-Varr, since Bendis tended to write him as a generic alien warrior without much presence or personality.

Yeah, all I remembered was that he was the Captain Marvel of the Dark Avengers, but quit when he realised the rest of the team were villains. Then he joined the Young Avengers when that team relaunched, under his original name Marvel Boy. I totally forgot about Protector.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel: Brett Booth...

Me: Yes!

Marvel:...On covers

Me: Sigh.

Just open up the wallet and pay Booth to draw the book!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

booth should draw avengers so they dont waste any good talent on it
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Are we sure it's actually going to be Doom and not the Doombot from Avengers AI or a Doombot in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Are we sure it's actually going to be Doom and not the Doombot from Avengers AI or a Doombot in general?
    Ewing is well established enough I feel Marvel would trust him with Doom pretty safe to assume it's not some basic doombot, god I would be so disappointed.

it's the writer who established that doombot retcons are bad
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    it's the writer who established that doombot retcons are bad
    That the Doombot retcon is bad or the writer who said doombot rectons are bad ?

Ewing already did that twist once and had previously hinted at having plans for Doom himself this year. Plus the Doombot from Avengers A.I. is currently busy in Runaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Ewing already did that twist once and had previously hinted at having plans for Doom himself this year. Plus the Doombot from Avengers A.I. is currently busy in Runaways.
    Yeah, I was glad that Rainbow Rowell brought Doombot back since he sort of disappeared during the Doc Justice arc. I feel pretty sure that Ewing is not going to use a Doombot since I looks like they knew Doom would be freed up from his series. That's a shame really because Cantwell had a really interesting second arc in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That the Doombot retcon is bad or the writer who said doombot rectons are bad ?
    Count me in as confused by that statement too! And we don't want to get into the John Byrne/Chris Claremont issue with Doombots here.

But people tend to forget or perhaps are unaware that Doombots have been around since Fantastic Four #5. And as we see here it is already pretty sophisticated in that it is interacting with the Thing.