Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I hope Ewing can deliver something like the Ultimates for the cosmic line.
    He said in the cbr interview that he had planned a darker story-line but decided to go for the more heroic take.
    I wonder what darker story-line would that be.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    He said in the cbr interview that he had planned a darker story-line but decided to go for the more heroic take.
    I believe this was in reference to the current arc. Going by the covers I think Rich was suppose to die, which he clearly doesn't according to the solicitations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I believe this was in reference to the current arc. Going by the covers I think Rich was suppose to die, which he clearly doesn't according to the solicitations.
    This was the interview https://www.cbr.com/al-ewing-guardia...age-interview/

Originally, this was all heading to a darker place, but - possibly because the world's endured enough darkness recently - once I was in the thick of it, I ended up tacking towards something brighter and more positive, and that led to the idea of the Guardians as a superhero team in a more official capacity.
    I think this was pointing towards the team operating more as a superhero team rather than his original Mission Impossible team.

This title was going down hill fast, it needed to bring in familiar cosmic faces and get rid of Hercules and Noh-Varr.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 03-20-2021 at 04:12 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    This title was going down hill fast, it needed to bring in familiar cosmic faces and get rid of Hercules and Noh-Varr.
    Would you care to elaborate on that? I think most of the critical response has been on the positive side (https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...-galaxy-(2020)) and I think it did decently in sales figures (with the elephant in the room of the pandemic, of course: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2020.html).

Also, judging by the Brett Booth covers both Hercules and Noh-Varr will be on the expanded roster.

Obviosuly a Bendis/Cates fan. Ewing has done wonders for GOTG, nothing wrong at all!

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Obviosuly a Bendis/Cates fan. Ewing has done wonders for GOTG, nothing wrong at all!
    Ewing saved the franchise after the disasters of Bendis and Cates.

Mighty Member

Ewing has been great on the book. I can see how the book was originally envisioned to be darker however, it was sort of going into that direction towards the end of the first arc.
    I enjoyed Cates on the book too, but I feel he wasn't on the book long enough to really leave a mark. You could tell he only did Guardians because it allowed him to write Silver Surfer Black, which is probably one of the best comics released in a while.
    Ewing however, a much better fit to reshape the cosmic landscape. I'm looking forward to seeing how he changes the title.

Astonishing Member

I think Marvel was impressed by his run on Ultimates that they decided to give him the keys to cosmic Marvel with both SWORD and GOTG much like Abnett/Lanning got Nova and Gotg in in the 2000s following Annihilation.

Astonishing Member

Star-Lord actually die. Glad the heroic version was decided.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Star-Lord actually die. Glad the heroic version was decided.
    I don't think he really planned that for Star-Lord,
    he mentioned in his interview that he would revisit the ideas by Steve Englehart,
    so Star-Lord was going to go through an astro-journey for sure,
    that's why I'm curious what's the darker fate was.

Mighty Member

I don't think he really planned that for Star-Lord,
    he mentioned in his interview that he would revisit the ideas by Steve Englehart,
    so Star-Lord was going to go through an astro-journey for sure,
    that's why I'm curious what's the darker fate was.
    I don't think anyone was going to die per say, but I think more issues would like #6 where it would be more introspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on that? I think most of the critical response has been on the positive side (https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...-galaxy-(2020)) and I think it did decently in sales figures (with the elephant in the room of the pandemic, of course: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2020.html).

Also, judging by the Brett Booth covers both Hercules and Noh-Varr will be on the expanded roster.
    Yeah thats why they have brought in all the cosmic big guns.
    Hated Bendis' as much as I have this current run.
    Hopefully things will improve in the coming months.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Never been a fan of cosmic Hercules and I wasn't a fan of Noh-Varr since they tried to put him onto the Avengers team.

There is more recent data on sales, that my friend warned me tha puts it on the lowest selling since DnA.

Yeah thats why they have brought in all the cosmic big guns.
    Hated Bendis' as much as I have this current run.
    Hopefully things will improve in the coming months.
    Seems despair put even Doctor Doom on it. I dont hink a giant roster is the right answer