Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Where each issue recounts the behind the scenes of the major events in X-Men and how Magneto, Moira, and Xavier tried dealing with it behind the scenes.
    I want a Moira book more than I want an X-Corp book and this is how it should be done. Throw in some conflict with Mystique over the Council's unwillingness to resurrect Destiny and that'd be the cherry on top.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sounds like they plan to make a big deal out of this X-men launch. I hope the artist is good and the team has some members that I’ll get excited about. Fingers crossed...
    I can't wait to find out if the new X-Men team will be starring in a separate title or sticking with the existing one. I'd be happy if X-Men just increased frequency of publication to be honest.

I'm also dying to know who the new regular artist is going to be and if they're going to stick around for more than 6 issues to indeed be called "regular" LOL

Do we know that Hickman’s run is three acts? Just curious if I missed an interview where he confirmed that.

Confirmation there that a new artist on the main X-Men book will come on in June. Hope they get someone great!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sounds like they plan to make a big deal out of this X-men launch. I hope the artist is good and the team has some members that I’ll get excited about. Fingers crossed...
    The artist better be either Pepe Larraz or Russel Dauterman...I will not settle for less. (I mean...I could...if the artist was really good but...I really don't want anyone else).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-10-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ctrl find, jean, scott, "ok." ctrl find Storm, "brainstorm?" I'm not reading that.
    hahah, I love this!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The artist better be either Pepe Larraz or Russel Dauterman
    I agree 100%. Either one would be great but I LOVED Dauterman's work on the Giant Size one shots. I mean, look at this, it's just awesome!

Emo6fqZVMAABT55.jpg
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I agree 100%. Either one would be great but I LOVED Dauterman's work on the Giant Size one shots.
    Same here. I wonder if it's related to his recent "spoiler" tweet.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

One can hope!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do we know that Hickman’s run is three acts? Just curious if I missed an interview where he confirmed that.
    Not to my knowledge it's just fans making assumptions. We have no idea if the next Act is the final one.

What spoiler tweet was that?

What spoiler tweet was that?
    Something to do with an upcoming cover WIP (?) that might be spoilery. So he posted page from his Storm GS 01 instead.

Astonishing Member

The artist better be either Pepe Larraz or Russel Dauterman...I will not settle for less. (I mean...I could...if the artist was really good but...I really don't want anyone else).
    Or Carlos Gomez...

While Carlos is good, (though not my taste, at all) his art can cross the line into over-sexualisation and cartoony cheese-cake quickly and too easily. Yes Storm could be thicc but she doesn't need to be All T n' A...all the time.

I'm hoping for an artist with a more natural, organic and fluid style. Like Olivier Coipel, who shares similarities in art style with Larraz. (Alas! I don't think Marvel can afford him for an entire book (covers would be awesome though!) nor is he fast enough to do a lengthy run of issues.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I want a Moira book more than I want an X-Corp book and this is how it should be done. Throw in some conflict with Mystique over the Council's unwillingness to resurrect Destiny and that'd be the cherry on top.

As would I, but Hickman notoriously answers all questions within the last 5 issues of any run.

He did it in Secret Warriors
    He did it Fantastic Four (initial run before he continued his FF run for an extra 10ish issues)
    He did it in The Ultimates
    He did it in Avengers
    He did it in East of West

And I am assuming he will do it in X-Men