Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

KTP5V gets my vote this week. The Avengers: Children's Crusade is one of my favorite series, mainly because Heinberg's story brought the Scarlet Witch back from comic book exile after House of M.

Runners up: Daedra for a wonderful cover I've never seen before
    All of the Black, White and Red covers from her solo series

Ravin' Ray, for a cover I was gonna use myself.

nx01a for me.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Always wanted to see a Cap-Wanda romance, so it's SquirrelMan for me!
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 02-16-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo

Astonishing Member

CaptCleghorn, since in these especially trying times when everyone seems to be at best distant from, and at worst hostile towards, everyone else, it's reassuring to take comfort in Bryan Hitch's reminder that the family that humps legs together stays together, or something

Incredible Member

worstblogever
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

CaptainEurope gets my vote

I love PCR's work as well, so I vote nx01a!

You can count my vote for nx01a, too.

WestPhillyPunisher.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

K7P5V. all the covers were amazing

nx01a

I almost went with this cover, but I chose the other one, which was really just as well, as you had posted your cover a few hours before me. I simply missed it the three other times I looked through the thread.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Riv86672.

This cover reminds me of some something. But I cant think what....
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I 1st off Just wanted to say such a Heartwarming Thank You to ALL that Participated in this Contest this Week! You Truly showed the skill you all have by choosing as always Magnificent Covers and It was a REAL Honor Hosting this Weeks Challenge, but most of all it being a Celebration My Favorite Character in Comics Wanda Maximoff!

I am Glad it went off SO WELL with All of You, I Hope everyone enjoyed themselve and enjoy the Theme of Wanda this Week!

As for MY Vote, WOW, I knew you would not make this easy but when the time has come it is REALLY Not Easy at all! I feel horrible for only have to pick one cause you all WON IMO this week, I feel like it is a crime to leave anyone out.

Just want to let you all know I LOVE ALL these covers and I am Serious when I say the covers I don't choose are all my favorites just behind my Hard, VERY hard Choose to Make!

Well, THIS is Really Hard I Love them ALL, so much Wanda Celebration and Beauty, Thank You all for this, but My Vote Has to go too;

Riv86672!

TRUSH ME this Was Not Easy, but THAT Cover has become ICONIC to me, it is a Homage to the Famous Jean Grey and Scott Summers cover, usally Homage Covers even with Wanda are good, but this One Not only Captured the Pure Essence of the Original, but Made it into Entrirely its OWN feeling of Canon and Drama!

The Shear Level of POWER coming from both Vision and Wanda never Spots to Impress me and I have Praised this Cover every since it came out and hold it specially in my heart!

I will likely be asleep when the voting ends, so If anyone else wants to tally the votes please do, Thanks!

Thanks Again for this Honor! :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: CaptCleghorn, CaptainEurope, Conn Seanery, Daedra, ed2962, LordMikel, Ravin' Ray, Shalla Bal, SquirrelMan, Tami, worstblogever, Zelena
    2 votes each: Ajax_X, Riv86672, WestPhillyPunisher
    3 votes each: K7P5V

and our winner, in a runaway with nine votes----nx01a!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!