Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to apologize. I had meant to come back and post a cover but with all the unpleasantness this week with the trial in the Senate I had forgotten. Another thing is I didn't like how the thread was starting to be about me and I never meant to mess up CJStriker's contest. Thanks for your support CJ...we've been through a lot of turmoil in years past just defending Wanda's detractors on other sections of the board. Happily those times have past and I just recently caught up on Wandavision! That series made me smile quite a bit! Thanks also to Scott Taylor and K7P5V, a fellow Doom minion on the Doom appreciation thread.
    I'd like to offer my belated praise of the Latverian princess and my appreciation for her contributions to this and other threads. I'm glad you're back and firing on all cylinders.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thank you Captain....I am in a better mood these days even though other world events did get me down. I am going to try and stay hopeful that somehow things will all sort out for the better.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ugh CJ, you know better than to choose a theme for a character I support a lot because there are too many covers for me to choose from! In the end, I have to go with this:

I'll post my other choices after the winner is voted.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I have to apologize. I had meant to come back and post a cover but with all the unpleasantness this week with the trial in the Senate I had forgotten. Another thing is I didn't like how the thread was starting to be about me and I never meant to mess up CJStriker's contest. Thanks for your support CJ...we've been through a lot of turmoil in years past just defending Wanda's detractors on other sections of the board. Happily those times have past and I just recently caught up on Wandavision! That series made me smile quite a bit! Thanks also to Scott Taylor and K7P5V, a fellow Doom minion on the Doom appreciation thread.

You have no idea how Happy I am to see you posting on the thread Iron Maiden, indeed as you have said we have both as well as many more of use been threw So Much with Wanda in the Comics the past near Decade(WOW been a decade, What an Amazing Journey it has been getting here!). Now to be here not only Celebrating this Challenge that has I am seeing and Happy many our enjoying and showng their Love for Wanda's Character, but it to be nearly unbelivable Faith it is Happening at the Hight Point of Wanda's Own Show in WandaVision is just to Perfect to Believe, it is truly a gem for many of us to share, You, Me and to many other here and Around CBR to share together with how far we have come with Her Character.

I am Glad you as liking the Show, it is a Real Gem and Means allot to hear you caught up with it, indeed never thought we be in this place with Wanda even with the best of hopes a few years ago, it is truly a tesiment to the best of life's gifts what it will give us threw the darkness in our Fandoms, we just need to be patient and Hope in the Best.

You don't have to worry a thing about the thread, honestly we have all been their, bad times that get us down and with what we All have Had to Go Threw the past year all around the world with more challenges and trials then we like to count, it is Human, It is Mortal to have moments and thank you for sharing it with us your feels of the past few days and working it threw with us, that is how we get threw it, Together. :-)

It only seems to make sense that this Challenger is about Wanda Maximoff, about a Lady that has gone threw so much hardship, lose and grief yet still pulls herself up to rise up from the most darkest of ashes to become better. Both in the Comics and in the show, she shows us that we can be strong, Accepting our shortcomings and becoming strong and better from Trials in our lifes. That maybe one of the best things about this challenge, to see a lady that can be compared with our own lifes as it is right now.

Not to brag too much but I also want to add a page from issue #7 of this series that I bought from the inker Mark Morales at the 2012 C2E2 convention in Chicago. I got a chance to meet both Mark and Jim Cheung and they both kindly signed the piece. You can see Mark Morale's signature on the bottom right corner and Jim Cheung's initials on the left corner.

That is an Incredible Treasure Iron Maiden! =D

It looks SO Beautiful seeing it in just the original inked drawing, but to also have Mark Morale's signature and Jim Cheung's initials makes it a Priceless treasure! It bring me back to how beautiful they made that series for all the characters in it and to have a piece of the Amazing History and that Beautiful page is something that makes me Very Happy to hear you have to treasure and to share with us here on the Thread Celebrating Wanda in Comics!

It is such an honor you shared this with us, espically on this thread, Thank You! ^_^
    Last edited by CJStriker; 02-15-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    You have no idea how Happy I am to see you posting on the thread Iron Maiden, indeed as you have said we have both as well as many more of use been threw So Much with Wanda in the Comics the past near Decade(WOW been a decade, What an Amazing Journey it has been getting here!). Now to be here not only Celebrating this Challenge that has I am seeing and Happy many our enjoying and showng their Love for Wanda's Character, but it to be nearly unbelivable Faith it is Happening at the Hight Point of Wanda's Own Show in WandaVision is just to Perfect to Believe, it is truly a gem for many of us to share, You, Me and to many other here and Around CBR to share together with how far we have come with Her Character.

I am Glad you as liking the Show, it is a Real Gem and Means allot to hear you caught up with it, indeed never thought we be in this place with Wanda even with the best of hopes a few years ago, it is truly a tesiment to the best of life's gifts what it will give us threw the darkness in our Fandoms, we just need to be patient and Hope in the Best.

You don't have to worry a thing about the thread, honestly we have all been their, bad times that get us down and with what we All have Had to Go Threw the past year all around the world with more challenges and trials then we like to count, it is Human, It is Mortal to have moments and thank you for sharing it with us your feels of the past few days and working it threw with us, that is how we get threw it, Together. :-)

It only seems to make sense that this Challenger is about Wanda Maximoff, about a Lady that has gone threw so much hardship, lose and grief yet still pulls herself up to rise up from the most darkest of ashes to become better. Both in the Comics and in the show, she shows us that we can be strong, Accepting our shortcomings and becoming strong and better from Trials in our lifes. That maybe one of the best things about this challenge, to see a lady that can be compared with our own lifes as it is right now.

That is an Incredible Treasure Iron Maiden! =D

It looks SO Beautiful seeing it in just the original inked drawing, but to also have Mark Morale's signature and Jim Cheung's initials makes it a Priceless treasure! It bring me back to how beautiful they made that series for all the characters in it and to have a piece of the Amazing History and that Beautiful page is something that makes me Very Happy to hear you have to treasure and to share with us here on the Thread Celebrating Wanda in Comics!

It is such an honor you shared this with us, espically on this thread, Thank You! ^_^
    Thank you also for being a long time friend here on the boards. I was especially thrilled to be able to afford this bit of comic book history and you know I do like to see Wanda and Victor together, even though they did break up. Jim Cheung was also selling his original for the cover of issue #7 but it was out of my price range. I was just glad to get something with both Wanda and Doom.

I just love the Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda on the show and of course Paul Bettany as the Vision. And the kids playing Billy and Tommy are so cute! I guess I better get to the Wandavision thread to get into it any further!

BTW, what issue of the Avengers is that page from?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-15-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Smile

Thank you also for being a long time friend here on the boards. I was especially thrilled to be able to afford this bit of comic book history and you know I do like to see Wanda and Victor together, even though they did break up. Jim Cheung was also selling his original for the cover of issue #7 but it was out of my price range. I was just glad to get something with both Wanda and Doom.

I just love the Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda on the show and of course Paul Bettany as the Vision. And the kids playing Billy and Tommy are so cute! I guess I better get to the Wandavision thread to get into it any further!

BTW, what issue of the Avengers is that page from?
    Be Very Happy to have you on the WandaVision Thread and Wanda's Thread to talk about the show!

As for the Issue, That Historic Page Was from Avengers Vol. 3, Issue #2 in the late 1990's Written by the Legend Kurk Busiek and Drawn by one of the Best of the Best and My Favorite Comic Book Artist Ever George Perez!

https://i.imgur.com/fZXTjbu.png
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I awoke from my sleep
    Terror constricting me tight
    Something quite wicked
    Has come for my spirit tonight
    There in the trees a woman was floating on air
    Just like bloody crimson
    Her billowing dress and her hair
    She'll curse you with her evil eye
    Into the blackest night she'll fly
    Seduction by forbidden sex
    You will fall victim to her hex
    The Scarlet Witch
    She's taking to flight again
    The Scarlet Witch
    I'm under her spell again
    The Scarlet Witch
    She's looking for love again
    The Scarlet Witch

That was a fine and good poem Foxley, thanks for Sharing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Bewtiched, Bothered and Bewildered...

This says it all--the Scarlet Witch is our #1!
    You are SO Right on the Money with how Wanda is in many a fans Hearts Shalla Bal! ;-)

That was a fine and good poem Foxley, thanks for Sharing it!
    Thanks for the kind words CJ, but just be clear, I did not write them. Those are lyrics from a song titled "Scarlet Witch" by the band Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Thanks for the kind words CJ, but just be clear, I did not write them. Those are lyrics from a song titled "Scarlet Witch" by the band Cage.
    Thank for the info on where it came from Foxley, but wether it is from you or from a person you found it from, in this case the band Cage, thanks for the thought and the work you put towards it in making your post on you Cover Challenge for Scarlet Witch THAT more special!

This Wanda Fan found it very special to now know about it, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    A bit static but I like this cover…

With Artwork Like that, even thought it is standing still, it has a Force of Life in style it was drawn to go Far Beyond Static Zelena, Nice Choice! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I remember grabbing this off a spinner rack at the Hook's Drug store back in the day. This is a fav two-fer, Wanda in the blackout suit and Bryne's wall breaking thing.

Thanks for Sharing that story Surf, I remeber going to my local IGA store when it was around and while my parents shopped I read the Magazine and comic book rake, always a treat with what you see their as your 1st reads of characters! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I believe the first true "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" cover.

You Know that is a Good Point, I think your right that is the 1st with Wanda and Vision Together on the same Cover, Nice Job realizing that piece of history righ their Kirby101! =)

With Artwork Like that, even thought it is standing still, it has a Force of Life in style it was drawn to go Far Beyond Static Zelena, Nice Choice! :-)
    Ah, thanks. Yes, the strength of striking color fields mixed with nervous brushstrokes and effects of wood engraving creates a vibrant picture, an impression of righteous anger just waiting to unleash its power. And yet, so elegant… The calm before the storm…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Last edited by Daedra; 02-15-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Great topic this week! I love Scarlett Witch
    Here is my choice from one of my favorite series.

That SO GREAT to Here You Love Scarlet Witch's Character Babyblob and Thanks for Sharing a Cover from you favorite Series with her in it, Nicely Done! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hatcher View Post
    Sentimental pick.... bought this off the stands way back when.

Also Nice to hear stories that bring us back to the Stands of Comic Books in Stores and Supermarkets Greg Hatcher, That is a Nice Cover Too, Much of been Epic the 1st time you saw it, Thanks for sharing that story! =)

Welcome Daedra, Very Glad to have you Apart of the Contest! =D

The combination of George Pérez & the Korvac Saga is simply irresistible. My vote goes to ed2962 for this week.