Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Amazing Spiderman 59

Thoughts? Overall it’s an ok issue. Sucks that Li has to sacrifice himself but it’s the only way. Looks like we will focus back to the Kingpin stuff just wondering if Spencer is taking notes from Chip since he is also using Kingpin there too.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It was solid, nothing great, but nothing bad either.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

It's kind of funny that Spencer when he wrote standalone 1 or 2 parters was criticized for not touching on plotlines and moving stuff, but now that he's going fully serialized people have the other issue about every issue being a Kindred story.

There's good stuff in this issue...the conversation between May and Peter, May and Martin Li, the Kingpin and Mr. Negative stuff. And of course Norman Osborn who's basically become the protagonist of the books since ASM#50 is all pretty nice and interesting to read.

Grandpa Norman is both too good to be true, and also somehow "Wouldn't it be nice" in portrayal. That dichotomy has an element of uneasiness to it.

Spencer's taking a big swing in taking the theme and frustrations of the readers about Kindred and Harry not being resolved and making that the actual story of the ongoing where Peter's in a state of frustration and sadness about his life not making sense.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Don’t trust Osborn at all. Looks like he’s just weaselling his way back into the family, too me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Don’t trust Osborn at all. Looks like he’s just weaselling his way back into the family, too me.
    He is. The thing about Norman is that he was a terrible person before he became Goblin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    The fact that Mr. Negative is back to normal is proof that it won't last.

I had no idea what that new entropy table was, I looked up and ... Its first appearance was exactly in the first issue of Brand New Day.

Fantastic Member

I felt terrible for Liz and Normie... things had looked on the mend in their family, and now they have to live the nightmare again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Generally concur with the consensus in this thread. Norman is not to be trusted under any circumstances, even in his "cleansed" state. That said, the conversation between Aunt May and Peter was good, as was "Martin Li" reckoning with his sins and sacrificing himself to them for May's sake. With regards to May catching Peter bleeding, how long is it going to be before she finds out somehow that Peter is Spider-Man, or that she knew before and because of a deal with a literal devil that Peter made to save her life, she doesn't remember that anymore?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Aunt May is way over due to learn Peter’s secret. If Jonah can know, Aunt May should already know as well. 58 years of this and she knew briefly during JMS run and then it’s done? It’s the one thing about this that isn’t believable anymore.

Does Normie know Peter is Spider-Man? I ask because he was bonded to some of the Carnage symbiote and during the Absolute Carnage Tie in, he shows some of his face under the mask to Normie and I find it hard to believe Normie doesn’t know.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Aunt May is way over due to learn Peter’s secret. If Jonah can know, Aunt May should already know as well. 58 years of this and she knew briefly during JMS run and then it’s done? It’s the one thing about this that isn’t believable anymore.

Does Normie know Peter is Spider-Man? I ask because he was bonded to some of the Carnage symbiote and during the Absolute Carnage Tie in, he shows some of his face under the mask to Normie and I find it hard to believe Normie doesn’t know.
    Agreed, and yeah, I'm guessing Normie at least suspects, if he doesn't know by now, especially since Spider-Man openly referred to Normie as his godson during Absolute Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post

616 Aunt May has not been relevant in a good way in decades. I know complaints would come if she is sent to “Sleep With The Fish.” But maybe her and Anna Watson going to the Shady Rest Retirement Home together in Florida where they can play checkers and watch soap operas just might work,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    616 Aunt May has not been relevant in a good way in decades. I know complaints would come if she is sent to “Sleep With The Fish.” But maybe her and Anna Watson going to the Shady Rest Retirement Home together in Florida where they can play checkers and watch soap operas just might work,
    JMS was easily Aunt May at her most boring. She was just an MJ that Peter didn't have sex with. That's why people were ok with her dying.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    They'd end up solving crimes together
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Has Norman been de-aged or is it just the art? Took me a couple of (confusing) pages to realise it wasn't Harry.