Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I happen to agree with you ( especially because the most tragic deaths in Spider-Man were actually male ( Kid Who Collected Spider-Man and Billy Connors in Shed)). Why? While I understand Gwen, Jean etc at least they had a life. The young boys did not get that. I would also note that about half of the acknowledged greatest Spider-Man comics all dealt with death ( Including 3 of the four I mentioned ( Shed being the exception). But the reality is the vocal minorityÂ’s have their voices heard at the spider Office and they know it.
    It's still fridging even though it's male.

Considering how a lot of those characters were brought back, it only highlights how wasted they were.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's still fridging even though it's male.

Considering how a lot of those characters were brought back, it only highlights how wasted they were.
    Not really: You can project many characters that died would be brought back including Peter ( and more then once with him). Characters not brought back included. 1: Uncle Ben. 2: Sally. 3: Jean. 4: Kid Who Collected Spider-Man.

Mighty Member

This has turned toto a super comic but its a slow buildup telling us the readers of how harry ,kindred came to be

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    This has turned toto a super comic but its a slow buildup telling us the readers of how harry ,kindred came to be
    ASM has not turned into a super comic. The earlier issues like Gibbon were much better ( Gibbon was one of the best of the 21st Century). This Osborn story has become one big soap opera, and we all know how it will end: Osborn becomes good then will become bad again: Just like Otto became good and then bad again. Spencer likes the Osborns and will look for every way to use them just like Slott preferred Otto and did the same with him. When Spencer leaves the book Norman will revert to being the same old sociopath he always was just like Otto did.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-12-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Im sorry I didn't mean the ony one. I can think of lots of Spider-man stores.I meant the sin eater to current.but it is a slow bulld up

So is Fisk trying to bring his wife back?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So is Fisk trying to bring his wife back?
    That's my guess... that flashback last issue where Kingpin was begging Kindred for something, doubt he'd beg if it were just for more power. No, he wants Kindred to resurrect someone, and Vanessa has to be it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    That's my guess... that flashback last issue where Kingpin was begging Kindred for something, doubt he'd beg if it were just for more power. No, he wants Kindred to resurrect someone, and Vanessa has to be it.
    If Peter doesn't let him go through with it, then he's a hypocrite.

Astonishing Member

If Peter doesn't let him go through with it, then he's a hypocrite.
    But is the plan to actually bring Vanessa back? He could also be planning to bring Richard back, so Richard could take over one day for him. It could also be to de age Fisk himself like Silvermane planned, or Fisk can try to use it as a way to gain more political power. In all of those scenarios Peter needs to stop him
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-14-2021 at 05:10 AM.

Censorship Sucks

How many times has Aunt May learned his identity? In my mind, Amazing 400 was cannon and she revealed it right before she died. That was the perfect ending for her. Everything that came after, was just to stretch out the story of Aunt May due to a lack of new ideas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    How many times has Aunt May learned his identity? In my mind, Amazing 400 was cannon and she revealed it right before she died. That was the perfect ending for her. Everything that came after, was just to stretch out the story of Aunt May due to a lack of new ideas.
    That was horrible ending and I still stand by it.

Incredible Member

That was horrible ending and I still stand by it.
    Can you tell us why you believe it was horrible?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can you tell us why you believe it was horrible?
    Because Peter never told her the truth on his own. Rather than them resolving Peter's secret while she was still ok, they only talked about it when she was dying and it was still shoved aside. It's like if Aunt May were revealed to be gay. They could say that they had a gay character without actually having to write one. We're not allowed to have Aunt May react to it.

I liked how it was handled in Spider-Man 2 where Peter revealed his other big secret: how he let Uncle Ben down. It wasn't an easy moment for either of them, and she was clearly upset, but Peter told her of his own free will and she clearly got over it.

Another good comparison is the 1610 Clone Saga. Prior to this we get a lot of insight into Aunt May's anxiety beyond just "that horrible Spider-Man", so while it hurts to see her kick Peter out, it still felt like a natural response since from her perspective, he was taking advantage of her.

We don't really get that from the 616 version.