Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Corporal Eugene "Flash" Thompson: US Army Appreciation 2021

Time to bring him back. I have posted this thought many times so...

A General decides he wants a super soldier to work for the government. Using New U's cloning process and a DNA sample from Flash before he ever put on the Venom symbiote they grow a new Flash. They then transfuse blood from William Burnside (Cap of the 50s) and the Super Soldier Serum stabilizes the cellular degeneration. They even scar Flash's legs so it looks like he has had limb transplants. As legally dead...Flash is now a ghost (figuratively speaking) in the world and is sent on missions that are too high a risk for even special forces units.

Until Flash realizes he is being used and breaks away

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea. Have you checked out Venom #33, by any chance?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

SO pumped about.. recent occurrences.. if people haven't been reading Venom or King in Black..

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    SO pumped about.. recent occurrences.. if people haven't been reading Venom or King in Black..
    Oh, yeah, that was exactly what I was referencing. I probably should've been less subtle, heh.

Happy New Year to Agent Venom! Hoping 2021 will be a big year for Flash (616):

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Have you checked out Venom #33, by any chance?
    My worry is that Flash will come back playing the musical symbiote game. They need to make him his own thing...not spider/symbiote related.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    My worry is that Flash will come back playing the musical symbiote game. They need to make him his own thing...not spider/symbiote related.
    Fair enough. I can respect that.

Astonishing Member

Is it too late for him to be a relatively normal guy?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I never liked Flash as a superhero either.

I'm sorry, but I take offense to the implication that being bonded to a mass of black alien goo no longer makes Flash normal. Such intolerance.

Agent Venom is my favorite Venom. I was torn between Flash and Eddie at the time of AV's original run (much like the symbiote itself) but in retrospect, I feel Flash is the better i.e. more interesting host. Outside of the Knull stuff which could be done no matter who wears the black goo (and don't even get me started on Dylan who has become an increasingly annoying Gary Stu or early Damian Wayne clone, IMO), I found Flash's adventures far more interesting and his hero's journey more emotionally compelling than Eddie's latest redux.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agent Venom is my favorite Venom. I was torn between Flash and Eddie at the time of AV's original run (much like the symbiote itself) but in retrospect, I feel Flash is the better i.e. more interesting host. Outside of the Knull stuff which could be done no matter who wears the black goo (and don't even get me started on Dylan who has become an increasingly annoying Gary Stu or early Damian Wayne clone, IMO), I found Flash's adventures far more interesting and his hero's journey more emotionally compelling than Eddie's latest redux.
    I loved Flash as AV...but it all became musical symbiotes over time...Eddie was Venom...then Anti-Venom...the Flash was Venom...and Eddie was Toxin...and then Lee became Venom...and Flash became Anti-Venom...and Eddie became Venom again...

That is why I am saying Flash should get a SSS variant and make his own identity.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah honestly Flash as Venom and Eddie as Anti-Venom/Toxin was perfect. But Marvel Editorial had to step in and ruin a good thing as they always do...
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Same here. That's not to down on folks who do, it's just my preference.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-13-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Same here. That's not to down on folks who do, it's just my preference.
    If they had never made him one in the first place and not killed him off then I would have no problem having him just be one of Peter's friends. But with all he has been through...and the only way to bring him back is with comic book explanations...I think the 'normal guy' ship has sailed.