Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    If they had never made him one in the first place and not killed him off then I would have no problem having him just be one of Peter's friends. But with all he has been through...and the only way to bring him back is with comic book explanations...I think the 'normal guy' ship has sailed.
    That's fair.

I would love to see him as Agent Anti-Venom then.

i am uncomfortable with Flash being killed. that said, it's odd to me for Spidey's supporting cast to be thrust into "super-character" roles, whether heroes or villains. For Flash to be resurrected, cloned, etc., creatively, I'd have a problem with it. But he's fictional, so have at it, I guess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

After recently being reminded about how much I love Flash, I'm hoping he will be resurrected soon in any capacity. Whether as a normal civilian character or involved in the superhero scene. I've read some of his time as Venom and have been meaning to go back and get the rest of it. Would also like to see way more interactions with between him and Peter with both knowing each others secret identities. It appears he died not long after learning it this most recent go around?

Also symbiote infused Flash throwing down with Norman period sounds awesome, but I'm not thrilled with Dan Slott's Superior stuff and it unfortunately takes place at the end of his run. Can we get a round 2 at some point?

Astonishing Member

I’m generally not a fan of comic book resurrections (of which there’s waaaaay too many), but it was Slott so who cares? His stories don’t mean anything anyway. Bring him back with his legs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i am uncomfortable with Flash being killed. that said, it's odd to me for Spidey's supporting cast to be thrust into "super-character" roles, whether heroes or villains. For Flash to be resurrected, cloned, etc., creatively, I'd have a problem with it. But he's fictional, so have at it, I guess.
    Yeah, in the 60s and 70s, Peter was unique because all his normal friends could never imagine that he was secretly a superhero. That mystique is gone when all of said normal friends (Harry, Flash, MJ and even an alternate Gwen) have engaged in super heroics (or villainy in Harry’s case). It’s more than a bit ridiculous too.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah, in the 60s and 70s, Peter was unique because all his normal friends could never imagine that he was secretly a superhero. That mystique is gone when all of said normal friends (Harry, Flash, MJ and even an alternate Gwen) have engaged in super heroics (or villainy in Harry’s case). It’s more than a bit ridiculous too.
    Yeah, not a fan of how the franchise has gone in that direction and embraced that so much. Like, Flash Venom was great for sure, and the early Spider-Gwen comics are good too, but it kinda dillutes those things that made the character appealing originally when the floodgates opened. It's like the last few cartoons, any normal supporting cast members either get shuffled out of the show or they have to get powers to stay as a supporting character to keep up with Spider-Man, to me it's like trying to make Spider-Man fit into the generic superhero mold instead of trying to make Spider-Man stuff.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Yeah, not a fan of how the franchise has gone in that direction and embraced that so much. Like, Flash Venom was great for sure, and the early Spider-Gwen comics are good too, but it kinda dillutes those things that made the character appealing originally when the floodgates opened. It's like the last few cartoons, any normal supporting cast members either get shuffled out of the show or they have to get powers to stay as a supporting character to keep up with Spider-Man, to me it's like trying to make Spider-Man fit into the generic superhero mold instead of trying to make Spider-Man stuff.
    And the great thing about Spider-Man when he was starting out and well afterwards was how he didn't fit the generic superhero mold, though ironically enough, his success as a character and a franchise turned him into a new superhero archetype that came to inspire or influence various subsequent characters from Marvel and DC, among other publishers and productions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

What would you say was the best adaptation of Flash Thompson outside of comics? I’ll admit he doesn’t get as much screentime as someone like Mary Jane and and Jonah, but he often makes it in, even if it is just to be the stereotypical bully to never show up again. Though I’m sure he shows up more in cartoons and video games since gaining super powers...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    What would you say was the best adaptation of Flash Thompson outside of comics? I’ll admit he doesn’t get as much screentime as someone like Mary Jane and and Jonah, but he often makes it in, even if it is just to be the stereotypical bully to never show up again. Though I’m sure he shows up more in cartoons and video games since gaining super powers...
    He's been in just about every Spider-Man cartoon from the 80s/90s onward aside from Spider-Man Unlimited, though my favorite depictions of him are 90s TAS and Spectacular, as they both captured Flash's character growth from simple bully to someone with more nuance and layers to him. Even the (first) Amazing Spider-Man film, panned as it was in some corners, at least gave Flash some nuance and did more with him as a character compared to the first Raimi Spider-Man film, so I'd give that one some props, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The Spectacular Spider-Man's Flash is the best (I feel like we answer this question with The Spectacular Spider-Man for a lot of characters :P), but I also really liked TASM's Flash. He was surprisingly nuanced for how little screentime he got and wasn't just a generic bully.

The Flash from Spider-Man TAS seemed interesting but we only got glimpses of him in that show.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 03-02-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Yeah, Spectacular Flash for sure. He got great development in that show reminiscent of his arc in the early comics. At the end of the day he's a dude with a heart of gold. I think the 90s show got that too but Spectacular's hands down is the most full cause the 90s one he was more sparsely there and off to the side.

On the movie side the best Flash we've gotten hands down has to be the Amazing Flash. He even had an arc for being a relatively small side character role which is more than the Raimi version or the MCU version with 2 appearances so far. There's even a deleted scene from ASM2 that shoulda been in the final movie with Flash hugging Peter at graduation. You won't find me saying Amazing is the best at much but there ya go lol.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Spectacular did a great job with him.

On the live action front, I've heard good things about the Amazing version. They did him dirty in Raimi (I guess due to pragmatism, there wasn't much time for him beyond the small role) and I'm not thrilled with what I hear of MCU so far

Extraordinary Member

Well....
    spoilers:
    In the latest issue of Venom...Looks like whatever was left of Flash in the Knull Hive Mind is getting put back in his body. Issue ends with an arm popping out of Flash's grave.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-07-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well....
    spoilers:
    In the latest issue of Venom...Looks like whatever was left of Flash in the Knull Hive Mind is getting put back in his body. Issue ends with an arm popping out of Flash's grave.

end of spoilers
    man with the stuff going on with Peter with Kindred, he could use another friend beside Fred and Randy.

The Spider-Office is beyond the light of the heavens.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate