Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thank God it didn't last too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well....
    spoilers:
    In the latest issue of Venom...Looks like whatever was left of Flash in the Knull Hive Mind is getting put back in his body. Issue ends with an arm popping out of Flash's grave.

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Everyone here called it. We knew his "death" was a cheap ultimately meaningless publicity stunt (e.g. no last consequences for Peter or his world) that would be undone with little fanfare in a couple of years tops, nothing more nothing less.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    Everyone here called it. We knew his "death" was a cheap ultimately meaningless publicity stunt (e.g. no last consequences for Peter or his world) that would be undone with little fanfare in a couple of years tops, nothing more nothing less.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Shouldn't have been done in the first place! It was just like Dan Slott trying to make one more major thing happen on his way out the door and what else to do but kill somebody who's been there since day 1? Just unnecessary in the larger scope, especially since the character found new viability and life as a superhero. Now we got another great relatable resurrection, just like real life, love my everyman Spidey world where all his friends continuously die and come back to life lol.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yep...we all knew it was coming...my worry was always just the how. I think Symbiots/Klyn'tar are over done. I think they made them too powerful/versatile(need to fly...grow wings, need to fight Juggernaut...grow the size and have matching strength). And I think Flash deserves better than playing musical Symbiotes/identities...he should have his own super hero identity.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Flash is just a corporal? He's a war vet of the Sin Cong conflict. He should at least be a sergeant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Flash is just a corporal? He's a war vet of the Sin Cong conflict. He should at least be a sergeant.
    Yeah...it is in the issue that tells the story how he lost his legs.

Well....
    spoilers:
    In the latest issue of Venom...Looks like whatever was left of Flash in the Knull Hive Mind is getting put back in his body. Issue ends with an arm popping out of Flash's grave.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So given the state we saw his body in in Last Remains, I hope that Anti-Venom can regenerate the flesh on his body because he was a skeleton.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    So given the state we saw his body in in Last Remains, I hope that Anti-Venom can regenerate the flesh on his body because he was a skeleton.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was a healthy, flesh covered hand.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Im actually very curious of a Peter and Flash reunion, I have a feeling he will remember finding out Peter secret in 800 before dying. and I'm also curious about his reaction to his other best friend Harry being Kindred, Peter could open up about it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It was a healthy, flesh covered hand.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I took a look at the page and it looks like it could be a merger of symbiote and flesh judging by how some of the flesh on the hand appears to be amorphous.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Is there even a point to killing off characters anymore when it’s always undone a couple years later? There absolutely zero emotional weight attached to any comic death nowadays thanks to this silly dead/alive revolving door.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Is there even a point to killing off characters anymore when it’s always undone a couple years later? There absolutely zero emotional weight attached to any comic death nowadays thanks to this silly dead/alive revolving door.
    Marvel officially has been showing images of Flash as Anti-Venom for their upcoming symbiote event so the cat is out of the bag.

I will never understand the rationale behind killing him off to begin with. It was transparently pointing during the whole 10 issue leadup to #800 he would die and all it did was prevent other writers from getting to use him for a few years. Last minute big development to cap off the run and "sell" the danger. And I like that story. Agent Venom pretty much revitalized the Venom character in comics, gave Flash the spotlight, and he was well liked in the role (I'm not the biggest fan of more people from Peter's friend circle getting powers but it was well done so I can't fault it). I think Dan Slott even wrote the first Agent Venom appearance. Now it's just another weird thing where death is but a speed-bump and the relatable grounded Spidey supporting characters have almost all died and come back to life now.

When Flash died in 2018 he hadn't been used well in like 5 years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That was when his original Venom series ended, right?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Venom Spaceknight stuff wasn't great and I didn't care for most of Bunn's Venom after Remender left, so naturally the course of action to take is to just kill him!