Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83
  1. #46
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was when his original Venom series ended, right?
    yes it all went to pot when bendis took him
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Venom Spaceknight stuff wasn't great and I didn't care for most of Bunn's Venom after Remender left, so naturally the course of action to take is to just kill him!
    I think they pushed him too hard trying to sell Venon. His solo, Secret Avengers, Ross's Thunderbolts (These were good as Flash/Venom was still Earth based), then they went a little weird to me with GoTG and his space based solo. Took him completely out of the comfort zone for Venom overall.

  3. #48
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    I wonder if he'll keep some of his dragon powers in the real world.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I wonder if he'll keep some of his dragon powers in the real world.
    I really hope not. They have made symbiotes way too over powered for my tastes over the years ...and the symbiote dragons take that to the next level.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-11-2021 at 04:01 PM.

  5. #50
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think they pushed him too hard trying to sell Venon. His solo, Secret Avengers, Ross's Thunderbolts (These were good as Flash/Venom was still Earth based), then they went a little weird to me with GoTG and his space based solo. Took him completely out of the comfort zone for Venom overall.
    I guess we can blame Bendis for that? Honestly his Guardians run was pretty weird.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I guess we can blame Bendis for that? Honestly his Guardians run was pretty weird.
    I do like that he 'healed' the symbiote...that was something I wanted to see in the original Flash/Venom series...that when exposed to Flash wanting to be a hero all the people eating and such would go away...Bendis did it by taking it to the other side of the universe and 'poof' it's healed.


    edit...just thought of something....Jack O Lantern is dead (yes...I know...comic bood death) as of Black Panther vs. Deadpool....who is going to arch Flash now that he is back??
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-12-2021 at 06:01 AM.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Flash Thompson joins Extreme Carnage to take on the children of Venom

    https://www.gamesradar.com/extreme-c...VukhaZJwDLSX2U


  8. #53
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Flash Thompson joins Extreme Carnage to take on the children of Venom

    https://www.gamesradar.com/extreme-c...VukhaZJwDLSX2U

    Indeed. This should be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. This should be interesting.
    I am torn...between my happiness that Flash is back...and my dislike of the push of the symbiotes. I am not anti-symbiote...but I think they are used too much and too often.

  10. #55
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am torn...between my happiness that Flash is back...and my dislike of the push of the symbiotes. I am not anti-symbiote...but I think they are used too much and too often.
    Understandable. You'd think Marvel would give them a break for a while, but then again, the aftermath of King in Black . . . that would be fertile storytelling ground in the right hands.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #56
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable. You'd think Marvel would give them a break for a while, but then again, the aftermath of King in Black . . . that would be fertile storytelling ground in the right hands.
    I think the early 2000s was maybe the most restrained they ever were with symbiotes lol.

    After the dearth of the 90s died out Carnage wasn't used a whole lot, and Venom fell back into the villain role and slowly disappeared for the most part for a few years. Seriously, I think late 2000/early 2001 Venom disappeared until mid 2003 again when it got pushed again with the Spectacular arc and the Tsunami solo series with the symbiote clone stuff, then Gargan took over in 2004. Carnage I don't think showed up til the mini that introduced Toxin and New Avengers where he got killed at the time and was pretty much off the map again til 2010 with that mini where they stealth brought back Cletus. It was advertised as female Carnage and it was until halfway through the big reveal was Cletus still lives.

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think the early 2000s was maybe the most restrained they ever were with symbiotes lol.

    After the dearth of the 90s died out Carnage wasn't used a whole lot, and Venom fell back into the villain role and slowly disappeared for the most part for a few years. Seriously, I think late 2000/early 2001 Venom disappeared until mid 2003 again when it got pushed again with the Spectacular arc and the Tsunami solo series with the symbiote clone stuff, then Gargan took over in 2004. Carnage I don't think showed up til the mini that introduced Toxin and New Avengers where he got killed at the time and was pretty much off the map again til 2010 with that mini where they stealth brought back Cletus. It was advertised as female Carnage and it was until halfway through the big reveal was Cletus still lives.
    Not necessarily in order but they had the Poisons, and Venomized and Venomverse and Absolute Carnage and King in Black and Venom Inc and Web of Venom...We just need a one shot called Venom Fatigue where Eddie shows up needing help and everyone just walks away and says they are done with symbiote nonsense.

  13. #58
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not necessarily in order but they had the Poisons, and Venomized and Venomverse and Absolute Carnage and King in Black and Venom Inc and Web of Venom...We just need a one shot called Venom Fatigue where Eddie shows up needing help and everyone just walks away and says they are done with symbiote nonsense.
    That would be hilarious, even if I should mention Venomverse and Venomized were parts 1 and 3 of Cullen Bunn's trilogy revolving around the symbiotes' "natural predators," the Poisons, with Venom, Inc. happening after Venomverse and Web of Venom being a series of one-shots expanding the story of Donny Cates's Venom run and leading towards Absolute Carnage, then King in Black.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be hilarious, even if I should mention Venomverse and Venomized were parts 1 and 3 of Cullen Bunn's trilogy revolving around the symbiotes' "natural predators," the Poisons, with Venom, Inc. happening after Venomverse and Web of Venom being a series of one-shots expanding the story of Donny Cates's Venom run and leading towards Absolute Carnage, then King in Black.
    I understand that...but it was just this constant barrage of symbiote stuff. I would have preferred just a solid storyline of Eddie being a anti-hero / guerilla reporter taking down corrupt politicians, corporate malfeasance, crime bosses and the like. However since the name Edward Brock is crap since Eddie's Sin-Eater story scandal he has to do it under an pseudonym.

    ====================

    Back to Flash...

    As we know...Flash is a Medal of Honor recipient.

    Flash MOH.jpg

    For those who don't know what all that entails.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor

    --------------------

    Privileges and courtesies

    The Medal of Honor confers special privileges on its recipients. By law, recipients have several benefits:

    Each Medal of Honor recipient may have his or her name entered on the Medal of Honor Roll (38 U.S.C. 1560).

    Each person whose name is placed on the Medal of Honor Roll is certified to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as being entitled to receive a monthly pension above and beyond any military pensions or other benefits for which they may be eligible. The pension is subject to cost-of-living increases; as of December 1, 2018, it is $1,366.81 a month.

    Enlisted recipients of the Medal of Honor are entitled to a supplemental uniform allowance.

    Recipients receive special entitlements to air transportation under the provisions of DOD Regulation 4515.13-R. This benefit allows the recipient to travel as he or she deems fit, and allows the recipient's dependents to travel either overseas–overseas, overseas–continental US, or continental US–overseas when accompanied by the recipient.

    Special identification cards and commissary and exchange privileges are provided for Medal of Honor recipients and their eligible dependents.

    Recipients are granted eligibility for interment at Arlington National Cemetery, if not otherwise eligible.

    Fully qualified children of recipients automatically appointed to any of the United States service academies.

    Recipients receive a ten percent increase in retired pay.

    Those awarded the medal after October 23, 2002, receive a Medal of Honor Flag. The law specified that all 103 living prior recipients as of that date would receive a flag.

    Recipients receive an invitation to all future presidential inaugurations and inaugural balls.

    As with all medals, retired personnel may wear the Medal of Honor on "appropriate" civilian clothing. Regulations specify that recipients of the Medal of Honor are allowed to wear the uniform "at their pleasure" with standard restrictions on political, commercial, or extremist purposes (other former members of the armed forces may do so only at certain ceremonial occasions).

    Most states (40) offer a special license plate for certain types of vehicles to recipients at little or no cost to the recipient. The states that do not offer Medal of Honor specific license plate offer special license plates for veterans for which recipients may be eligible.

    Saluting

    Although not required by law or military regulation, members of the uniformed services are encouraged to render salutes to recipients of the Medal of Honor as a matter of respect and courtesy regardless of rank or status, whether or not they are in uniform. This is one of the few instances where a living member of the military will receive salutes from members of a higher rank. According to paragraph 1.6.1.1 of Air Force Instruction 1-1, the United States Air Force requires that salutes be rendered to Medal of Honor recipients.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-12-2021 at 05:52 PM.

  15. #60
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I understand that...but it was just this constant barrage of symbiote stuff. I would have preferred just a solid storyline of Eddie being a anti-hero / guerilla reporter taking down corrupt politicians, corporate malfeasance, crime bosses and the like. However since the name Edward Brock is crap since Eddie's Sin-Eater story scandal he has to do it under an pseudonym.

    ====================

    Back to Flash...

    As we know...Flash is a Medal of Honor recipient.

    Flash MOH.jpg

    For those who don't know what all that entails.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor

    --------------------

    Privileges and courtesies

    The Medal of Honor confers special privileges on its recipients. By law, recipients have several benefits:

    Each Medal of Honor recipient may have his or her name entered on the Medal of Honor Roll (38 U.S.C. 1560).

    Each person whose name is placed on the Medal of Honor Roll is certified to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as being entitled to receive a monthly pension above and beyond any military pensions or other benefits for which they may be eligible. The pension is subject to cost-of-living increases; as of December 1, 2018, it is $1,366.81 a month.

    Enlisted recipients of the Medal of Honor are entitled to a supplemental uniform allowance.

    Recipients receive special entitlements to air transportation under the provisions of DOD Regulation 4515.13-R. This benefit allows the recipient to travel as he or she deems fit, and allows the recipient's dependents to travel either overseas–overseas, overseas–continental US, or continental US–overseas when accompanied by the recipient.

    Special identification cards and commissary and exchange privileges are provided for Medal of Honor recipients and their eligible dependents.

    Recipients are granted eligibility for interment at Arlington National Cemetery, if not otherwise eligible.

    Fully qualified children of recipients automatically appointed to any of the United States service academies.

    Recipients receive a ten percent increase in retired pay.

    Those awarded the medal after October 23, 2002, receive a Medal of Honor Flag. The law specified that all 103 living prior recipients as of that date would receive a flag.

    Recipients receive an invitation to all future presidential inaugurations and inaugural balls.

    As with all medals, retired personnel may wear the Medal of Honor on "appropriate" civilian clothing. Regulations specify that recipients of the Medal of Honor are allowed to wear the uniform "at their pleasure" with standard restrictions on political, commercial, or extremist purposes (other former members of the armed forces may do so only at certain ceremonial occasions).

    Most states (40) offer a special license plate for certain types of vehicles to recipients at little or no cost to the recipient. The states that do not offer Medal of Honor specific license plate offer special license plates for veterans for which recipients may be eligible.

    Saluting

    Although not required by law or military regulation, members of the uniformed services are encouraged to render salutes to recipients of the Medal of Honor as a matter of respect and courtesy regardless of rank or status, whether or not they are in uniform. This is one of the few instances where a living member of the military will receive salutes from members of a higher rank. According to paragraph 1.6.1.1 of Air Force Instruction 1-1, the United States Air Force requires that salutes be rendered to Medal of Honor recipients.
    That's pretty good stuff to know. Thanks.

    And yeah, I'd have liked your idea for Eddie Brock, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •