Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

It is good that Flash is back. He was arguably the best military influenced/ based hero in comics (Yes I know Captain America exists). I wish he had better name than Agent Anti venom tho

Astonishing Member

Happy the King in Black event brought back Flash! It sucked he ended up dying in the first place, to be honest, given the connotations.

That said, I do wish they took the opportunity to bring back Scott Washington/Hybrid. That wrong still needs correcting. The Life Foundation Symbiotes being there with Scott/Hybrid nowhere in sight just makes it all the more uncomfortable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is good that Flash is back. He was arguably the best military influenced/ based hero in comics (Yes I know Captain America exists). I wish he had better name than Agent Anti venom tho
    I think Flash is the most prominent War on Terror veteran...and provides an opportunity for Marvel to explore the issues they face.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Happy the King in Black event brought back Flash! It sucked he ended up dying in the first place, to be honest, given the connotations.

That said, I do wish they took the opportunity to bring back Scott Washington/Hybrid. That wrong still needs correcting. The Life Foundation Symbiotes being there with Scott/Hybrid nowhere in sight just makes it all the more uncomfortable.
    I'd like to see Scott Washington come back, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think Flash is the most prominent War on Terror veteran...and provides an opportunity for Marvel to explore the issues they face.
    Indeed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd like to see Scott Washington come back, too.....
    So would I, but, isn't he technically dead (along with Patrick Mulligan)? I thought Eddie killed him when Eddie was going through his weird "no more symbiote they are evil" phase?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So would I, but, isn't he technically dead (along with Patrick Mulligan)? I thought Eddie killed him when Eddie was going through his weird "no more symbiote they are evil" phase?
    Yeah, unfortunately. And Pat was murdered by Blackheart shortly before that.

Extraordinary Member

Considering that in History of The Marvel Universe all the Vietnam vets...Punisher, Rhodey, etc...are getting made Siancong vets...will Flash get that changed?

Kind of one of those things that editorial needs to ride herd over....just a comment by Flash about his service. "Did a few tours in Siancong and got out...then got called back up to go to Iraq."
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-16-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Considering that in History of The Marvel Universe all the Vietnam vets...Punisher, Rhodey, etc...are getting mad Siancong vets...will Flash get that changed?

Kind of one of those things that editorial needs to ride herd over....just a comment by Flash about his service. "Did a few tours in Siancong and got out...then got called back up to go to Iraq."
    They already retconned it to Iraq. That’s where his legs got blown off. Soon even that will be out of date.

I’m not sure I understand the rest of your statement. Are you suggesting that a Vietnam vet would still be in good enough physical shape to then do a tour in Iraq? Only way this works is pretending the Vietnam war happened a LOT later in the Marvel Universe. And if they did that kind of retcon that’d also be problematic as it’s difficult to imagine a Vietnam war in the 21st century.

EDIT: Never mind. My bad. Today I learned about Siancong. I have to be honest... it sounds kinda dumb. But I guess there’s not many options.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 04-14-2021 at 03:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    They already retconned it to Iraq. That’s where his legs got blown off. Soon even that will be out of date.

I’m not sure I understand the rest of your statement. Are you suggesting that a Vietnam vet would still be in good enough physical shape to then do a tour in Iraq? Only way this works is pretending the Vietnam war happened a LOT later in the Marvel Universe. And if they did that kind of retcon that’d also be problematic as it’s difficult to imagine a Vietnam war in the 21st century.

EDIT: Never mind. My bad. Today I learned about Siancong. I have to be honest... it sounds kinda dumb. But I guess there’s not many options.
    It is the sliding time scale...Flash is Peter's age...so no way a guy in his late 20s would have served in Vietnam. So just a line referencing it seems appropriate to me.

For those that may not have heard of it...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sin-Cong

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Siancong_War
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-14-2021 at 04:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

Flash made a appearance in Marvels 1 by Kurt Busiek that came out today, its a good character moment where you see him in his army days in the new war that Marvel made up as a stand in for Vietnam. he reacts to the hard reality of war when he see his fellow servicemen compromise themselves to doing moral dubious things. not sure if this subplot is gonna keep going in further I would like to , it would develop him from bully into hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Flash made a appearance in Marvels 1 by Kurt Busiek that came out today, its a good character moment where you see him in his army days in the new war that Marvel made up as a stand in for Vietnam. he reacts to the hard reality of war when he see his fellow servicemen compromise themselves to doing moral dubious things. not sure if this subplot is gonna keep going in further I would like to , it would develop him from bully into hero.
    Thanks, I'll definitely check that out now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    That could be an interesting little story there...Some corrupt soldiers try to take Flash out and he turns the tables.

That could be an interesting little story there...Some corrupt soldiers try to take Flash out and he turns the tables.
    I like that idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that idea.
    Some might think it is a little too Punisher-esque...but if you read the issue of ASM issue where Flash is wounded and relating the story of how it happened you see he is a beast in combat.

Some might think it is a little too Punisher-esque...but if you read the issue of ASM issue where Flash is wounded and relating the story of how it happened you see he is a beast in combat.
    Oh, yeah. I remember that one.