Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Charisma Carpenter opens up about mistreatment from Joss Whedon

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm waiting to see how many other cast members from specifically BtVS/AtS chime in. I don't believe anyone but Alan Tudyk spoke up in favor of him when this whole thing started, which speaks volumes.

He seemed to have a select crew who he favored (Hannigan, Denisof, Acker, Dushku) while having a seemingly colder relationship with everyone else. Including the two leads: he and Gellar clashed towards the end of the shows run and her husband got involved, and Boreanaz has never seemed to gush over him the way others have. Even his "favored" actors may speak out against him or come to support Carpenter.

Between Carpenter, Fisher, Benson and Whedon's own exwife it seems to be harder and harder to deny he's a scumbag, even if one likes his TV shows and movies.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Is anyone compiling a list of men in Hollywood who have *not* been accused of abuse at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Is anyone compiling a list of men in Hollywood who have *not* been accused of abuse at this point?
    Why would we need to?

If they're not doing anything wrong and just act like decent human beings, there's nothing to discuss.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Just that it would be a shorter list and therefore easier to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Between Carpenter, Fisher, Benson and Whedon's own exwife it seems to be harder and harder to deny he's a scumbag, even if one likes his TV shows and movies.
    IMO, he even has the face of one.. Like Tarantino..

Joss Whedon asked her if she was going to keep the baby. What did he want? How often do you see married happy women getting abortions?

I cannot believe Whedon sunk so low to intimidate Carpenter, He is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    IMO, he even has the face of one.. Like Tarantino..
    He definitely does.

I still like Tarantino though even if he should have some actual repercussions.

I love his shows. Angel is my favourite show of all time. Charisma is just wonderful in that show. Her inclusion elevated the show to something special for me. Firefly is a fantastic piece of work. I don't think I'll ever watch another show with the sheer potential of Firefly.

It's just becoming more and more clear that people in power in Hollywood have been getting away with being scumbags.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    It's just becoming more and more clear that people in power in Hollywood have been getting away with being scumbags.
    People who can make money get away with being scumbags in any industry. Notably religion and conservative news channels.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    People who can make money get away with being scumbags in any industry. Notably religion and conservative news channels.
    And maybe even a pop celebrity scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Jeffrey Toobin and Matt Laurer, neither of whom worked for conservative or religious channels got away with it for years, but thanks for dragging politics into it.

BANNED

The dude is finished, as he should be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm waiting to see how many other cast members from specifically BtVS/AtS chime in. I don't believe anyone but Alan Tudyk spoke up in favor of him when this whole thing started, which speaks volumes.

He seemed to have a select crew who he favored (Hannigan, Denisof, Acker, Dushku) while having a seemingly colder relationship with everyone else. Including the two leads: he and Gellar clashed towards the end of the shows run and her husband got involved, and Boreanaz has never seemed to gush over him the way others have. Even his "favored" actors may speak out against him or come to support Carpenter.
    Yeah, human beings are complex. Many assholes are nice to just enough people (or the right people) to get away with it. Some people are great as friends, horrible coworkers, romantic relationships etc.

The important thing is that this took so long to come out. And that Whedon will undoubtedly have a large group of people who will still believe in. Many speaking out against him literally nothing to gain at this point.