Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Unless such a stipulation is directly written into a contract, this is absolutley and utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter that no other female cast member got pregnant, nor whether it was something planned or unplanned. Pregnancies are either written into shows or hidden via filming trickery all the damn time. It didn't have to be a big deal either way. Whedon chose to make it such.
    Could a stipulation like that even be written into a contract and be legal? I remember when Hunter Tylo was fired from Melrose Place before she even filmed her first scene (she was recast with Lisa Rinna) because she got pregnant. He (Aaron Spelling) said she broke her contract ("material change"), she sued for pregnancy discrimination, she won a 4.8 million settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Sarah Michelle Gellar was not pregnant during Buffy.

Alyson Hannigan was not pregnant during Buffy.

Emma Caulfield was not pregnant during Buffy.

Amy Acker was not pregnant during Angel.

Julie Benz was not pregnant during Buffy or Angel.

They all waited until after Buffy/Angel was over before they decided to start their own families.

Why couldn't Charisma Carpenter wait like everyone else?
    Debbie Reynolds did two films while pregnant with Carrie Fisher, including at least one song-and-dance film

Nana Vistor got pregnant during her time on Deep Space Nine. They wrote the pregnancy into the show.

Danielle Panabaker got pregnant during the last season of the Flash. They managed to hide her pregnancy through camera angles and prop placement.

Melissa Benoist got pregnant either at the tail end of, or after the end of Season 5 of Supergirl. For that and other reasons (namely the Pandemic), the studio accommodated her by allowing her to be off of filming until February (everyone else stated in December, I believe), and just shot scenes with all of the other characters until she was able to return.

Oh, hey! Here's an article all about actresses that were filming while pregnant!

As for why Charisma couldn't 'wait'? It's none of your business.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 02-17-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Could a stipulation like that even be written into a contract and be legal? I remember when Hunter Tylo was fired from Melrose Place before she even filmed her first scene (she was recast with Lisa Rinna) because she got pregnant. He (Aaron Spelling) said she broke her contract ("material change"), she sued for pregnancy discrimination, she won a 4.8 million settlement.
    I'm sure there were stipulations in contracts like that all of the time- in the 1950's and earlier. Probably even a little later. But today, as you noted, that kind of discrimination would be grounds for a successful lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Sarah Michelle Gellar was not pregnant during Buffy.

Alyson Hannigan was not pregnant during Buffy.

Emma Caulfield was not pregnant during Buffy.

Amy Acker was not pregnant during Angel.

Julie Benz was not pregnant during Buffy or Angel.

They all waited until after Buffy/Angel was over before they decided to start their own families.

Why couldn't Charisma Carpenter wait like everyone else?
    WOW...just wow.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    WOW...just wow.
    Yeah, nothing else to say.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You guys sure Common Writer here isn't Joss Whedon posing as a normal user on the forums?????? The previous comic book forum I use to frequent before it became a unbearable toxic cesspool use to actually have famous folks post there. The Director of the 2003 Daredevil movie was a regular poster until users harassed him until he left. Also an actor that was in The Dark Knight film posted there as well to name a few. So it's possible ha. But yea, Yikes those comments very problematic
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-18-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    You guys sure Common Writer here isn't Joss Whedon posing as a normal user on the forums?????? The previous comic book forum I use to frequent before it became a unbearable toxic cesspool use to actually have famous folks post there. The Director of the 2003 Daredevil movie was a regular poster until users harassed him until he left. Also an actor that was in The Dark Knight film posted there as well to name a few. So it's possible ha. But yea, Yikes those comments very problematic
    Nah, he's been here for a while and has posted less problematic thoughts in other forums.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Nah, he's been here for a while and has posted less problematic thoughts in other forums.
    Alright gotcha. I was just wondering cause his comments are in line with what Joss is accused of. Maybe he didn't mean it the way it comes across.

Details of Gal Gadot's Clashes With Joss Whedon Reportedly Surface: Gadot took issue with "her character being more aggressive than her character in Wonder Woman" following Whedon's overhaul of the Justice League theatrical cut. "She wanted to make the character flow from one movie to the next." Sources also note that Whedon threatened Gadot's career after pushing her to record lines she didn't like.

So, basically, the only people he didn't mess with were white guys?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Details of Gal Gadot's Clashes With Joss Whedon Reportedly Surface: Gadot took issue with "her character being more aggressive than her character in Wonder Woman" following Whedon's overhaul of the Justice League theatrical cut. "She wanted to make the character flow from one movie to the next." Sources also note that Whedon threatened Gadot's career after pushing her to record lines she didn't like.

So, basically, the only people he didn't mess with were white guys?
    Didn't Snyder make her even more aggressive though?

Nonetheless, Whedon seemed like a terrible director for female and PoC actors. Supposedly he threatened to derail her career

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Didn't Snyder make her even more aggressive though?

Nonetheless, Whedon seemed like a terrible director for female and PoC actors. Supposedly he threatened to derail her career
    This.

Otherwise, I'm sure Snyder made her overly aggressive compared to her solo outings and don't see much difference between the two directors. The only other thing that stood with Whedon was all the crass sexualisation of WW in the theatrical version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This.

Otherwise, I'm sure Snyder made her overly aggressive compared to her solo outings and don't see much difference between the two directors. The only other thing that stood with Whedon was all the crass sexualisation of WW in the theatrical version.
    Yeah, Whedon unnecessarily sexualized her. It bothered me and frankly it's another reason I'm glad he's gone.

Although frankly both male directors seemed to have her pose a lot more than Patty Jenkins did. Or maybe it just seemed like that to me

I am glad Gal has finally spoken out about Whedon's terrible behavior. The good thing is that his career is pretty much over and he won't be able to continue to behave this way on any more television or film sets. It's also shocking he hasn't owned up to his wrong doings or at least given those general statement apologizing and saying he will try to better himself. I am still shocked he was able to slip under Disney and Marvel's radar when he was directing the first two Avengers films. I wonder if Scarlett, Elizabeth Olsen, Cobie Smulders will have anything to say about their time with him on those films? I feel like he knew he couldn't get away with doing that with bigger named actors and the juggernaut that is Disney & Marvel.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-06-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am glad Gal has finally spoken out about Whedon's terrible behavior. The good thing is that his career is definitely over and he won't be able to continue to behave this way on any more television or film sets. I am still shocked he was able to slip under Disney and Marvels radar when he was directing the first two Avengers films. I wonder if Scarlett, Elizabeth Olsen, Cobie Smulders will have anything to say about their time with him on those films. I feel like he knew he couldn't get away with doing that with bigger named actors and juggernaut that is Disney.
    He seems to have chosen to be an @$$ when and where he was able, the sign of the biggest of all @$$es

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He seems to have chosen to be an @$$ when and where he was able, the sign of the biggest of all @$$es
    Yup trademark of cowardly bullies.