Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would have thought SAG rules or child labor laws would forbid a minor on set to be left alone with any adult who's not a family member or legal guardian, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My guess is there are NDAs involved so acknowledging an onset rule that everyone already knew about because of something she isn't allowed to talk about is all she is legally allowed to do.
    NDAs don't cover criminal behavior

BANNED

Poor Charisma, I can deeply sympathize, being at her age, worrying about the choice of putting a roof over your head and having to deal with a bully. Joss Whedon is the typical narcissist who is on a power trip. I have worked for my share of bullies. Both male and female. Often they are just small petty and insecure people.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    If the Buffy scandal is old news for you why did Disney hire Joss and fire James Gunn?
    Because James Gunn is at the height of his game and makes money for Disney. And Whedon no longer is. It might be why he wasn't turfed at the height of his game. That along with the 'old boys' culture in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I would have thought SAG rules or child labor laws would forbid a minor on set to be left alone with any adult who's not a family member or legal guardian, honestly.
    I know that in the case of Eliza Dushku, when she was twelve years old on the set of "True Lies", her parents were there but one of the crewmen constantly made inappropriate remarks including referring to her as "Jailbait". According to her, he at first seemed so trustworthy that her parents were convinced to let him take her swimming and stay overnight where she alleges he groped all over her body while she was in bed and she pretended to be asleep only to have him say he knew she wasn't sleeping. Luckily, he did not force it further.

The sexual innuendos at work then started. She told her parents and her older brother and said almost everyone on the set knew there was inappropriate behavior. But her parents knew it would kill her potential future in Hollywood if she became known as someone who made trouble about such things.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 02-12-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I know that in the case of Eliza Dushku, when she was twelve years old on the set of "True Lies", her parents were there but one of the crewmen constantly made inappropriate remarks including referring to her as "Jailbait". According to her, he at first seemed so trustworthy that her parents were convinced to let him take her swimming and stay overnight where she alleges he groped all over her body while she was in bed and she pretended to be asleep only to have him say he knew she wasn't sleeping. Luckily, he did not force it further.

The sexual innuendos at work then started. She told her parents and her older brother and said almost everyone on the set knew there was inappropriate behavior. But her parents knew it would kill her potential future in Hollywood if she became known as someone who made trouble about such things.
    That is REALLY gross and I feel sorry for Eliza. From Michelle's brief comment it seems Joss was the same way with her on the set of Buffy (inappropriate comments and maybe inappropriate touching). People need to be more careful with their young kids and teens who are in Hollywood. There are some messed up people in the world smh.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-12-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    From Michelle's brief comment it seems Joss was the same way with her on the set of Buffy.
    That's reading an awful lot into a couple of brief and cryptic comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    That's reading an awful lot into a couple of brief and cryptic comments.
    True but her saying he was inappropriate towards a teenage girl and saying he was forbidden from being alone with her on set, one can only assume it was something inappropriate like that.

Steven Seagal is just as bad and got away with it for years even when it involved well-known actresses. There's even a guy he assaulted for laughing at his arrogance. I really hope the story about him trying that on Tyler Mane and getting beaten senseless is true.

Makes you wonder who could do that, but still hold enough sway that the parents would think complaining would kill her career.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Makes you wonder who could do that, but still hold enough sway that the parents would think complaining would kill her career.
    Michael Jackson sends his regards from the civil suit he settled out of court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Between Carpenter, Fisher, Benson and Whedon's own exwife it seems to be harder and harder to deny he's a scumbag, even if one likes his TV shows and movies.
    I love his shows. Angel is my favourite show of all time. Charisma is just wonderful in that show. Her inclusion elevated the show to something special for me. Firefly is a fantastic piece of work. I don't think I'll ever watch another show with the sheer potential of Firefly.

It's just becoming more and more clear that people in power in Hollywood have been getting away with being scumbags.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The guy she's accusing is Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer who was pals with the star of the movie and his stunt double.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    It's just becoming more and more clear that people in power in Hollywood have been getting away with being scumbags.
    People who can make money get away with being scumbags in any industry. Notably religion and conservative news channels.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    People who can make money get away with being scumbags in any industry. Notably religion and conservative news channels.
    And maybe even a pop celebrity scientist.

Extraordinary Member

So maybe Ray isn't wrong about Hamada either.