Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am glad Gal has finally spoken out about Whedon's terrible behavior. The good thing is that his career is pretty much over and he won't be able to continue to behave this way on any more television or film sets. It's also shocking he hasn't owned up to his wrong doings or at least given those general statement apologizing and saying he will try to better himself. I am still shocked he was able to slip under Disney and Marvel's radar when he was directing the first two Avengers films. I wonder if Scarlett, Elizabeth Olsen, Cobie Smulders will have anything to say about their time with him on those films? I feel like he knew he couldn't get away with doing that with bigger named actors and the juggernaut that is Disney & Marvel.
    I heard Olsen complained about her costume being inappropriate (rightfully so IMO) but idk if Whedon had anything to do with it. Disney and its cast and crew have been fairly quiet so far

Of course Perlmutter and the creative committee ran things at the time, so maybe Perlmutter didn't really mind such behavior?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, I certainly know better than to question anything A Source reports from the film sets... IF that is his real name.

The reason Whedon hasn't apologized is probably because he's not sorry. I mean, if he did these things and isn't sorry then he's a pretty nasty guy, but I find performative apologies even worse. If you're only sorry because you got busted, there's no point in groveling for forgiveness. You're not going to get it anyway.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am glad Gal has finally spoken out about Whedon's terrible behavior. The good thing is that his career is pretty much over and he won't be able to continue to behave this way on any more television or film sets. It's also shocking he hasn't owned up to his wrong doings or at least given those general statement apologizing and saying he will try to better himself. I am still shocked he was able to slip under Disney and Marvel's radar when he was directing the first two Avengers films. I wonder if Scarlett, Elizabeth Olsen, Cobie Smulders will have anything to say about their time with him on those films? I feel like he knew he couldn't get away with doing that with bigger named actors and the juggernaut that is Disney & Marvel.
    Even pre-IM2, Johannsson had enough clout to bloody his nose quite properly, so I doubt he tried his luck. Like you, I wonder if Olsen or Smulders will have anything to say.

After Avengers 1, I remember Johanssen saying she'd ONLY do a Black Widow solo movie if Whedon directed it.

I don't think I've heard any complaints about him from the Marvel side. Maybe he only hates DC people.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Even pre-IM2, Johannsson had enough clout to bloody his nose quite properly, so I doubt he tried his luck. Like you, I wonder if Olsen or Smulders will have anything to say.
    Yea that is true. He seemed to know when to be a douche and when not too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    After Avengers 1, I remember Johanssen saying she'd ONLY do a Black Widow solo movie if Whedon directed it.

I don't think I've heard any complaints about him from the Marvel side. Maybe he only hates DC people.
    I didn't know she said that. Although considering how female led films wer3 suppressed by the Creative Committee back then, maybe she thought only Whedon could get it made. Maybe she didn't know who he really was

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I didn't know she said that. Although considering how female led films wer3 suppressed by the Creative Committee back then, maybe she thought only Whedon could get it made. Maybe she didn't know who he really was
    Like I said, I don't think he showed that side on the Marvel sets. Maybe because there were 3 or 4 people in that cast who could have gotten him fired with a phone call... but I don't know.

Ultimate Member

Like I said, I don't think he showed that side on the Marvel sets. Maybe because there were 3 or 4 people in that cast who could have gotten him fired with a phone call... but I don't know.
    Yeah, I think the Avengers cast may have had more star power, if that makes sense. Maybe that's why Affleck hasn't said anything about being mistreated

Astonishing Member

I just think he didn't have as much of a free reign as he did when he got to DC. He was someone that already had a big ego and those Avenger movies pushed him way over the edge and DC didn't help matters by handing him the keys, so to speak. Compared to DC, that studio had way too many cooks in the kitchen or rather hands that had more power than he did, dictating the movies, limiting his more despicable tendencies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Between Carpenter, Fisher, Benson and Whedon's own exwife it seems to be harder and harder to deny he's a scumbag, even if one likes his TV shows and movies.
    The dude is finished, as he should be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, I think the Avengers cast may have had more star power, if that makes sense. Maybe that's why Affleck hasn't said anything about being mistreated
    Robert Downey, Jr., Scarlett Johannsen, Samuel Jackson, and Mark Ruffalo were already huge stars before the MCU. So yeah, he was probably hesistant to try to screw over them.

BANNED

Could this be because Johansson was a Whedon favourite? and Like Carpenter said, Joss did play Favourites.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Could this be because Johansson was a Whedon favourite? and Like Carpenter said, Joss did play Favourites.
    He definitely didn't mistreat his favorites, main protagonist (SMG in Buffy) and mega stars.

BANNED

Here is what I now think about Whedon after the bombshell accusations that he threatened to destroy Gal Gadot's career. it is clear from his Buffy days that the man was a douche and treated people like Carpenter badly but after the success of the Avengers films, his ego grew out of control and he felt he was invincible.

WB needed him for JL because they wanted Avengers money , so that obviously made him feel even more self important and what is a common trait about self important people is they belittle anyone around them. Whedon clearly brought that crap attitude to the JL Set but he maybe underestimated people like Ray Fisher who had the courage to fight back.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Here is what I now think about Whedon after the bombshell accusations that he threatened to destroy Gal Gadot's career. it is clear from his Buffy days that the man was a douche and treated people like Carpenter badly but after the success of the Avengers films, his ego grew out of control and he felt he was invincible.

WB needed him for JL because they wanted Avengers money , so that obviously made him feel even more self important and what is a common trait about self important people is they they belittle anyone around them. Whedon clearly brought that crap attitude to the JL Set but he maybe underestimated people like Ray Fisher who had the courage to fight back.
    Agreed. Since Ray Fisher isn't as big as Ben Affleck he felt he could get away with being a terrible person and thought Ray wouldn't say anything for fear of his career being derailed.