Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Has there been anything specific yet? Fisher has been extremely vague so far.
    The most recent interview for the Hollywood Reporter is the most specific he's been: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...for-leadership

The general consensus is that it's a "death by a thousand cuts" thing, no big revelation but a bunch of little things that either add up or don't depending on your perspective

EDIT: Also the most damaging things are still secondhand claims
    Last edited by Thezmage; 04-08-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The most recent interview for the Hollywood Reporter is the most specific he's been: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...for-leadership

The general consensus is that it's a "death by a thousand cuts" thing, no big revelation but a bunch of little things that either add up or don't depending on your perspective

EDIT: Also the most damaging things are still secondhand claims
    Second hand no more!

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-g...ed-her-career/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what he did wrong here. He's the boss. he said, do what I say or else. That's pretty much what bosses do in every job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what he did wrong here. He's the boss. he said, do what I say or else. That's pretty much what bosses do in every job.
    He threatened her career. He didn't just say, do what I say, he said if she didn't he would ruin her other movie. And BTW he was not her boss. The director does control the filming, but he did not hire her or pay her salary. He was brought in to finish a job. If you were working two jobs, and you got in an argument with your boss about how something should be done, would you be okay with him calling your other job and getting you fired?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

...because there's a difference between pulling rank and threatening someone's career?

And again, the director is not the boss. He might have been the boss on Buffy, but that was his show as creator and producers. Even Zack Snyder was not the boss, since he was let go from the movie. You think the director of the Mission Impossible movies are the boss? No the Star is. And even a boss must adhere to a standard of behavior. Look at Scott Rudin.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

"He kind of threatened my career and said if I did something, he would make my career miserable and I just took care of it on the spot."

Guess that explains the reports of Whedon limping around the set for a few days...

I just want the video of him shouting "You will never work in this town again!"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member

After Gal Gadot confirming her mistreatment as well Toby Emmerich at the least should be held accountable and let go for allowing this toxic environment to continue under his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    This wasn't what I was referring to. The most damaging claims Fisher has made remain secondhand

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    After Gal Gadot confirming her mistreatment as well Toby Emmerich at the least should be held accountable and let go for allowing this toxic environment to continue under his watch.
    The movie is over and he has no other projects with WB and resigned from his project at HBO. Not much to do at this point.

I actually think Gal is a badass for being a relatively new lead actress and standing up for herself (and her character). They chose the right person for the role.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The movie is over and he has no other projects with WB and resigned from his project at HBO. Not much to do at this point.

I actually think Gal is a badass for being a relatively new lead actress and standing up for herself (and her character). They chose the right person for the role.
    I agree with Gal being a badass and an inspiration for women standing up for themselves in toxic situations.

The reason I stated Toby needs to go is because of his lack of action before things escalated and became public. Additionally, his treatment of directors is also shameful. Not just with Zack Snyder but also Todd Phillips, lowballing Joker's budget so he wouldn't make it (karma).
    Also , if the remainder of Ray Fishers claims are to be believed, then blatant discrimination occurred at many levels and was allowed. There has been no address of any actions or paths forward to ensure the issues that were experienced are not repeated. Unfortunately, in situations such as this many flags point to a management team that enables bad behavior or at the very least ignores it and allows it to run rampant.

As everyone else has said, Whedon wasn’t the boss. Indeed, he should have had a better idea in terms of the office politics not to be so short sighted. He wasn’t even the named director, let alone the face of a possible billion dollar franchise or more, like Gadot. He should have had better sense than to make threats like that, especially after WW had wrapped and I’m sure WB had an inkling of what they had on their hands with Gal and WW.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    "He kind of threatened my career and said if I did something, he would make my career miserable and I just took care of it on the spot."

Guess that explains the reports of Whedon limping around the set for a few days...
    LMAO!!! Now, that’s funny.

I laughed at the part where Whedon told her he could make her look bad. Oh, he did that just by her being in his version of the movie.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I laughed at the part where Whedon told her he could make her look bad. Oh, he did that just by her being in his version of the movie.
    WW wasn't great in either.