Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    WW wasn't great in either.
    Yeah, a more accurate threat would be "I'll make you look worse."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Yeah, a more accurate threat would be "I'll make you look worse."
    I agree. Really, it's the behind the scenes behavior which made Whedon's version worse. And how exactly was he planning to ruin her career?

Astonishing Member

I agree. Really, it's the behind the scenes behavior which made Whedon's version worse. And how exactly was he planning to ruin her career?
    Have her blackballed say she's difficult to work with etc. There are rumors he did that to Charisma (and other stars) after the fact so it was harder for them to get jobs.

It was pre-WW movie coming out. At that point, in the DCEU, he had all the reason to believe WW wouldn't be that good.

Neither was perfect but Snyder's was much better imo.

Your opinion of the movie is immaterial to the fact that it was a bigger hit than any other DCU movie and made her an international star.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Your opinion of the movie is immaterial to the fact that it was a bigger hit than any other DCU movie and made her an international star.
    I believe they were talking about the Justice League movies not the Wonder Woman movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Have her blackballed say she's difficult to work with etc. There are rumors he did that to Charisma (and other stars) after the fact so it was harder for them to get jobs.

It was pre-WW movie coming out. At that point, in the DCEU, he had all the reason to believe WW wouldn't be that good.
    Ok. Tables have turned on Whedon though. Now he's the one who'll probably be pushed out

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Neither was perfect but Snyder's was much better imo.
    I can't agree. It was better in some ways but worse in others

I was talking about JL, not WW

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I believe they were talking about the Justice League movies not the Wonder Woman movie.
    Thanks.

Sorry. Agree about the Snyder JL.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Sorry. Agree about the Snyder JL.
    Ok, no problem. I think both version have their "better moments," but neither is good enough for an ideal JL movie

In spite of my remark, I think WW came off as both better and worse in the theatrical version.

On the negative side, she had the scenes that objectified her far more.

On the positive side, she had more of a story that dealt with the fact that she did let what happened to Steve Trevor keep her from being the positive force for good she could have been by coming out into the open.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

I think that in the #MeToo era, Whedon didn't comprehend how much stuff like that backfires. You'd have a bunch of actors coming out and saying that it is not true that she's hard to work with. Instead, he overwhelmingly damaged his own career. Other stuff like the situation with his now ex-wife had already started that.

He probably doesn't care at this point. He has his own production company and his royalties and is quite well off, I'm sure. But, I will be surprised if he gets another MCU movie or any big movie or does anything but make his own movies from now on. There will probably be a social pressure to not hire him for projects.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In spite of my remark, I think WW came off as both better and worse in the theatrical version.

On the negative side, she had the scenes that objectified her far more.

On the positive side, she had more of a story that dealt with the fact that she did let what happened to Steve Trevor keep her from being the positive force for good she could have been by coming out into the open.
    Yeah. I hated seeing her be objectified in the Whedon cut, especially while being the only female hero (can't have too many of those apparently). But the Snyder Cut gave her no storyline, made her too aggressive and kept replaying that chanting over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think that in the #MeToo era, Whedon didn't comprehend how much stuff like that backfires. You'd have a bunch of actors coming out and saying that it is not true that she's hard to work with. Instead, he overwhelmingly damaged his own career. Other stuff like the situation with his now ex-wife had already started that.

He probably doesn't care at this point. He has his own production company and his royalties and is quite well off, I'm sure. But, I will be surprised if he gets another MCU movie or any big movie or does anything but make his own movies from now on. There will probably be a social pressure to not hire him for projects.
    At least things are starting to improve. Barely, but it's a start. I don't see him working with a major studio again either.