Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Apparently "Joss Whedon Was Forbidden From Being Alone With Michelle Trachtenberg on the Buffy Set" according to this article.

https://www.cbr.com/joss-whedon-buff...-trachtenberg/

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Maybe it's good that Firefly got canceled as fast as it did. This left Summer Glau, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres, and Morena Baccarin to be spared from years and years of Whedon's abuse.
    Heh... if he'd tried that with Gina Torres, Laurence Fishburne would have dribbled his head around the set like a basketball. If Gina didn't do it herself, that is. Summer worked with him again on Dollhouse. I've never seen Jewel say anything bad about him, and she's not the type to keep her mouth shut about that kind of behavior.

It seems like Whedon wasn't like that all the time, and not to everybody. I believe Anthony Head when he says he worked on Buffy for years and never knew any of this was happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    The Whedon stuff didn't come from out of the blue though. The signs were there for a while. Rumors of Whedon treating Carpenter badly have been circling for years but she never corroborated them. Whedon's ex-wife and former producing partner also publicly stated in 2017 that Joss isn't who he pretends to be. The feminist act was always either a smoke screen or something Whedon lied to himself about to excuse his own behavior.

Guys like Cosby, Saville, Singer, Weinstein and R Kelly all had accusations or red flags surround their behavior to anyone who was willing to look. Most people don't want to believe it's true because hey like their work. Fans mistake enjoying someone's talent with knowing who they are as a person. None of us know who these people are behind closed doors.

Most people can only hide who they truly are for so long and people can only keep covering for them for so long.
    Didn’t the ex-wife imply he had an affair with one of the actresses from Buffy or Angel?
    Actually she out right said it, but didn’t give a name.

With the current allegations, I wonder who it was?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 02-12-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Didn’t the ex-wife imply he had an affair with one of the actresses from Buffy or Angel?
    Actually she outrightbsaid it, but didn’t give a name.

With the current allegations, I wonder who it was?
    This is why I hate vague-cusations. Now people look at every actress from those shows and ask, "was it her?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    This is why I hate vague-cusations.
    That's what a good portion of this entire topic is.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Apparently "Joss Whedon Was Forbidden From Being Alone With Michelle Trachtenberg on the Buffy Set" according to this article.

WOW Whedon is getting revealed to be more and more of a scumbag. It doesn't shock me that he probably made inappropriate comments or sexual advances towards her when she was a teen. This guy's career is definitely done for (rightfully so). Just a gross human being he is.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-12-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's what a good portion of this entire topic is.
    Is it? Because Charisma is making a pointed statement about Joss, detailing his crappy treatment. What's been vague thus far?

Charisma's accusations have been pretty direct and specific. Michelle seems to enjoy making us play guessing games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is it? Because Charisma is making a pointed statement about Joss, detailing his crappy treatment. What's been vague thus far?
    I'm not talking about what she said. What she said is pretty clear.

I'm just talking about all the posts where people are going "This probabaly happened," "there were rumors," and "Whedon would have done this if...".

Charisma's accusations have been pretty direct and specific. Michelle seems to enjoy making us play guessing games.
    Her statement kinda lays it out in my opinion. The fact that he wasn't allowed to be alone with her on set speaks volumes. It's clear he was probably making inappropriate comments or sexual advances to a teenager.

Very, very interesting read. I can't say I'm "shocked" because we've heard enough vague-vague comments over the years directed at him by enough actors you can't help but feel "there is no smoke without fire." It's a shame, because back in the day I loved a talented, up-and-coming creator being a so openly, positively, self-proclaimed feminist. VERY glad the truth has finally come out and so many of the actors are speaking up in support of Charisma. I'll still love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (and Astonishing X-men) because art is more than one person and one persona. But I'm glad this will (hopefully) put an end to another abusive creator using their power to torment and ruin actors (and probably crew too).

If Joss is smart he'll take his millions and fade into the background, ghost writing work or writing novels/plays/comics that have no contact with work colleagues (because I do love his writing, just not the man or his actions).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hitchcock'c crap was/is far and away worse than anything Whedon stands accused of. If he did that today, he probably ought to be in jail.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-12-2021 at 07:52 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Her statement kinda lays it out in my opinion. The fact that he wasn't allowed to be alone with her on set speaks volumes. It's clear he was probably making inappropriate comments or sexual advances to a teenager.
    If making it clear is what she wants to do, the best way to do it would be to just come out and say it. No NDA could be enforced over something like this. We're talking allegations of criminal behavior here.

If making it clear is what she wants to do, the best way to do it would be to just come out and say it. No NDA could be enforced over something like this. We're talking allegations of criminal behavior here.
    His career's over, there's no need to risk a lawsuit if she can't prove her allegations. Remember, most rape cases are NOT won! And if she doesn't win, she's liable to a counter-suit over ruining 'his good name'. Also, maybe she doesn't want to put herself through that trauma, reliving it... when the result is (in all likelihood) he just won't have a career anymore (which is what's happened anyway).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, Gellar got scarily thin towards the end of the series. I heard she even lost breast tissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Castle just mentioned this, but I always thought something was wrong with Sarah during Season 7. Specifically, I thought that she was either sick with a virus, or had developed an eating disorder because she looked SO thin, and SO pale and drawn. I wonder if it was stress, or now I wonder if it was some kind of eating disorder that Joss drove her to by complaining about her weight.

#
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that noticed this about Sarah, I remember two episodes in the later seasons (Selfless and Seeing Red). it was shocking to see how thin-thin Sarah had become, she went from a curvy girl in season 1 or even 2 to a lady with Boy chest, meaning she had no breast any more and not only that but she also had no butt or hips post season 1 and 2.

I was asking if Joss had spoken to sarah about her drastic weight loss because it may look too unrealistic that a woman who probably weighs less than 100 pounds was fighting trolls and big demons, now It will not surprise me if joss may have put pressure on sarah to loose weight.

Realistically, I also never bought into the Buffy vs Faith Fight because Faith (Eliza Dushku) was more well built and at that point and sarah was really loosing the weight.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-12-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

My guess is there are NDAs involved so acknowledging an onset rule that everyone already knew about because of something she isn't allowed to talk about is all she is legally allowed to do.
    Assassinate Putin!