Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

How did Rachel know she was giving Rogue just enough power to last her a few days. Why didn't that power do anything when fake betsy called out to her in her sleep? When did Rogue's powers stop working again after they were working fine in Captain Marvel not too long ago. Why did apocalypse write his will in some weird language that only cypher could decipher. Everything we've been reading is prehistory? Why is gambit even in this book? With all the telepaths around, why didn't Rachel just send another telepath , i mean emma appeared in the issue. now that i think about it. How did rictor steal Magma's powers?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And a few glimpses of the cats, that was nice.
    That was a positive.

The issue has a lot of padding and illogical comments. Everyone thinks betsy isnt real but no one keep a eye on her

Spectacular Member

Also - Rogue refers to Jaime as "The Burger King" and I can't unsee that.

And i can't stand Tini's Saturyne. i don't know much about her and i liked her in most of x-of sword but everytime i see her like in this issue i just think "oh boy karen's still being a baby."

And cerebro could pick up that betsy returned but none of the telepaths on the island noticed she was there, Krakoa didn't notice? The mutant tracking system run by Sage didn't pick her up? That is some stealth.

I did like how each telepath had a different signature with Emma's being diamonds.

Also betsy who your worried about tags you in your sleep and you what? casually roll back over to finish your night's sleep?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Also - Rogue refers to Jaime as "The Burger King" and I can't unsee that.
    Hey, that was a highlight of the issue! so psylocke can tell it’s not Betsy, but Emma and Rachel can’t .... well okay then... I’m gonna vote that she’s Morgan, because i don’t see why queen Betsy would attack them.

Spectacular Member

Was wondering if this issue might actually be occurring at the same time as the events of last issue and that the Betsy we were expecting is currently in transient and has yet to find her way to "her' lighthouse.

Glad they are taking another rework with mutant magic as it was an interesting concept but unfortuantely it got lost amongst the seyup for the crossover. Rictor as the heir apparent is a great choice and i hope to see his character grow in power and importance.

Favorite part was when Maggie Braddock skipped through the gate, saw her aunt and went running back for her father.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Favorite part was when Maggie Braddock skipped through the gate, saw her aunt and went running back for her father.
    Little snitch. lol

This issue was great! And I agree with the idea that this Betsy is Morgan, certainly appears that way.

Glad they are taking another rework with mutant magic as it was an interesting concept but unfortunately it got lost amongst the setup for the crossover. Rictor as the heir apparent is a great choice and i hope to see his character grow in power and importance.

Same! I loved that part with Maggie and IMHO this is the most interesting Rictor has ever been.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

This book as a Braddocks family title is amazing but the other characters don't work. That said, as a Betsy fan I'm enjoying the ride she's being taken on and exploring some new ground, loving the machinations of Mad King Jamie, and I'm hype to get back to some Otherworld/mutant politics once this arc is done. Maggie has been a super fun addition to this book. Love that she ran back to get her dad and was ready to argue lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    This book as a Braddocks family title is amazing but the other characters don't work. That said, as a Betsy fan I'm enjoying the ride she's being taken on and exploring some new ground, loving the machinations of Mad King Jamie, and I'm hype to get back to some Otherworld/mutant politics once this arc is done. Maggie has been a super fun addition to this book. Love that she ran back to get her dad and was ready to argue lmao.
    I mean, obviously there should always be a Braddock family drama book. Everything would seem fine in Krakoa, and then The Fury bursts out of nowhere and levels everybody.

Incredible Member

I thought this was a really bad issue.

The mystery of 'is this the real betsy' that is driving the issue is not done well.

There is no doubt that it is not the real Betsy, as her behavior the entire time was offputting. I didn't like her from the jump. If she instead behaved more normally and had the random slip up (like forgetting Brian's favorite ice cream or something), then the mystery would work better. It makes no sense in terms of the person pretending to be Betsy, as there is no attempt at pretending.

In terms of the 'detectives' trying to solve the mystery, it is not done well either. They totally write off fake-Betsy not acting like Betsy as grief, and don't attempt to solve it or help her. Rogue and team keeping Betsy's return a secret doesn't work either. Rogue is clearly suspicious that this is not her 'closest friend' and yet doesn't try all the avenues at her disposal to prove it. Brian has a right to be mad, as he would have clearly been another way to figure out if this is her 'closest friend.'

All in all, a bad issue since there is poor plotting and characters (villain and heroes) acting incompetently (although one could argue that Fake-Betsy's incompetent impersonation does still work, so it is competent).

Was wondering if this issue might actually be occurring at the same time as the events of last issue and that the Betsy we were expecting is currently in transient and has yet to find her way to "her' lighthouse.

Glad they are taking another rework with mutant magic as it was an interesting concept but unfortuantely it got lost amongst the seyup for the crossover. Rictor as the heir apparent is a great choice and i hope to see his character grow in power and importance.

I don't see it as a rework. This is what the concept has been the whole time. I think that a lot of people have misunderstood when saying stuff like, why aren't Pixie and Magik in this book? Fundamentally, that's not what this book is about -- they're typical sorcerer characters.

This book is about magic as a cultural phenomenon -- what can mutants accomplish when they have time to build cultural practices, and how do those tie into their powers? I think the book has pretty clearly established this since early on and people just have let expectations of what magic should be override that.

Man I really wish Rogue Gambit and Betsy showed up in other titles like some of these other X-Men.

I'd love to see them written by Zeb Wells, Si Spurrier, Al Ewing, and Vita Ayala. Even Leah Thompson.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Man I really wish Rogue Gambit and Betsy showed up in other titles like some of these other X-Men.

I'd love to see them written by Zeb Wells, Si Spurrier, Al Ewing, and Vita Ayala. Even Leah Thompson.
    Imagine what Al Ewing could do on this book in one issue. Set up the whole thing up and have is wanting more. S.W.O.R.D. is a great read. He worked in the crossover and did it without taking away from what the concept of the book is.

I like fake Betsy much more than the real one. Don't really care if the real one ever shows up again.

So we have a fake Betsy, a fake Siryn and possibly a fake Prodigy on Krakoa, all at the same time. Coincidence, or is this a coordinated attack?