Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You read it 3 times? Poor you

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yup i read all my comics 2 to 3 times.

I don't need your condescending BS. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yup i read all my comics 2 to 3 times.

I don't need your condescending BS. But thanks.
    well darn. Sorry. No offense intended

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That’s how I feel when I read them over. Like why did I put myself through that again. Lol

This issue wasn’t bad. I’m just waiting for Betsy to actually return. To her own body. Or a body that’s in her likeness. I’m waiting for Jubilee to go to another book, too.
    Let’s get to the meat of the story and see Real Betsy talk to Real Kwannon and not be a-holes or the whole apology route. They were both victims.

This book is incoherent

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I like the irony that what Rictor calls "mutant magic" and what SWORD calls "mutant technology" are basically the same.
    Kind of like what Thor said in his first movie, about how Asgardians regarded science and magic as essentially one and the same. Hell, Jane Foster cited Arthur C. Clarke's famous maxim: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Seems like we're ultimately getting the same thing here, which is cool by me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This book is incoherent
    Always, but whatever reason people on Twitter always tell her how amazing each issue is.. I’m just like “did we read the same book?!”

This issue has good thoughts, this story arc too. But Tini's disadvantages in telling still exist, like characters' talking is mostly repeating.

Somehow this book's getting better and better since Tini finally got rid of big daddy Apo lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Kind of like what Thor said in his first movie, about how Asgardians regarded science and magic as essentially one and the same. Hell, Jane Foster cited Arthur C. Clarke's famous maxim: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Seems like we're ultimately getting the same thing here, which is cool by me.
    The Ancient One in Doctor Strange even gives a quasi-scientific explanation towards how the magic in the MCU can be understood: "But if that word offends your modern sensibilities you can call it a program, the source code that shapes reality."
    Even if it's a strong simplification, it still means that there is a logic or system behind how magic works, which means it can be understood, explored and applied in similar ways to technology.

How the hell did Fakelizabeth manage to push Rogue to the ground ?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Maybe there's something unfinished with Queen Betsy too?

No panel shows what happened to her since Cap Betsy woke up in her universe. Is there any possibility the Betsy in this issue is actually her?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    How the hell did Fakelizabeth manage to push Rogue to the ground ?
    Whose powerset does Rogue currently have right now? I lost track after she absorbed Wonder Man in Uncanny Avengers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The Ancient One in Doctor Strange even gives a quasi-scientific explanation towards how the magic in the MCU can be understood: "But if that word offends your modern sensibilities you can call it a program, the source code that shapes reality."
    Even if it's a strong simplification, it still means that there is a logic or system behind how magic works, which means it can be understood, explored and applied in similar ways to technology.
    Makes sense, too, and I recall Adam Warren using similar language, although "cheat code" instead of "source code."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The good art always pulls me in and then I go ... oh, right. It's this.

Well ... it was coherent. So there's that.

I was glad to see Rogue having an opinion against Apocalypse's actions and being the one to take the lead of the team in Betsy's absence. I still don't know why she cares beyond saving Bets though. This issue pretty strongly hints that Rogue will be the key to some mutant magic whatever business as it shows her superimposed in front of the Five and beaming purple light ... like a lighthouse ... which they need to bring Betsy back ... so yeah, fill in the blanks there. I mean, Rogue has been combining mutant powers for years so *shrug*. Sure. Why not? Call it science or magic or technology. Whatever. Glad to see Rogue's Betsy obsession toned down somewhat as the issue went on since it really feels out of place.

Rictor is outright annoying every issue in his blind belief in Apocalypse and his anti-human tone and sudden constant obsession with magic. It's really not working for me at all. I had been starting to like him quite a lot as a character before this series and now? Nope. Would Shatterstar even recognize the zealot he's turned into? Ehhh. Hopefully it's intentional that he's this unbearable.

As for Gambit ... he's just written so blandly. I suppose it's better than than being written as the team dunce and beating post. He at least had a task to do this issue. But you get none of his charm or skill and a really awkward attempt at adding French to his dialogue. Tini just doesn't get this character. His dealing with Jaime feels ineffective and stilted. He's really just wallpaper, looking pretty and doing a task literally any character could have been sent to do.

Same for Jubilee. She's just there. Shogo should be a toddler, not a baby. But seems that ship sailed a while back so I can't place the blame with Tini. Kind of feel like she would benefit from reading Strain's Generation X for how to write Jubilee and Shogo.

I did enjoy seeing Maggie though. She's charming.

And a least we had a few fleeting sweet moments between Gambit and Rogue. And a few glimpses of the cats, that was nice.

The idea to have the team do dinner together was smart, if brief. For a moment they almost felt like a team with some kind of connection/purpose and maybe like they almost enjoy each other. Cutting it short felt like a mistake honestly. You need to sell your readers on why they are a team. Because again, there is no narrative reason for us to buy it. Still. 18 issues in. It's still dumb that they inexplicably moved to the Lighthouse to "wait for Betsy", but sure. Why not.

As usual To makes this issue look far better than it actually was and makes me sad I don't love it. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. It was just okay.

Was I surprised when Pyslocke shows up? No, not in the least. Hopefully next issue finally delivers on the long overdue confrontation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Whose powerset does Rogue currently have right now? I lost track after she absorbed Wonder Man in Uncanny Avengers.
    Still Wonderman, so yeah. She should be a lot tougher.