Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    This makes me wonder why the CoV were apparently not a factor in the X2 timeline of HoX/PoX? There the usual subjects (Sentinels who have made humans their servants) were at fault for mutants having been driven off Earth and into the galactic communities. Which the previous X3 timeline implies will end in the same "post humanity" scenario. Yet the CoV seem to have never been a major player worth mentioning in it.

Infact they never seem to have been one in any of Moira's Lifes (if they were actualy real mind you), despite the whole Vault Team arc being about how much of a danger the CoV are supposed to be. At least the Arraki got implied to have existed when Moira and Apocalypse freed his first horsemen (though also to have been defeated by the Sentinels too).

Though perhaps the Arraki and CoV are destined to eradicate each other. Hence it all ends up back to mutants vs. Sentinels anyway.
    Hard to say, but my assumption is the children sealed themselves in the vault and it was not opened in life 9, it could have been opened in life 6 and that would explain why humanity became augmented like the children, I have no clue why everyone was blue maybe the children defeated the machines of Nimrod the lesser and spliced humanity with Apocalypse's genes as again probably the last indipendent mutant in that 6th life species war.It is all speculation on my part, but the CoV are incredibly formidable not to be mentioned.Would be fun if it is shockingly revealed in the future that Moira was a clone of the human Moira put through the vault programme by the Children given that mutation to try and isolate mutants from the general population to either forestall mutant reproduction through technological immortality or to have the vault technology activated over Krakoa to develop mutants that are more technologically dependent to survive than they otherwise could, a clever eugenics programme conducted by the Children of the Vault but these are all far out ideas I think of on the spot.Have to wait for issue #18 to get any sense of what the CoV are up to

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I definitely got the vibe that the multiple resurrections were having consequences, I was more referring to Quire being a Jumbo Carnation fan. I totally forgot about that.
    Funny enough, that was something Peter David tried in his Scarlet Spider series to explain why Ben Reilly degenerated into a genocidal psychopath during The Clone Conspiracy, that being killed and resurrected/"reanimated" 27 times over had damaged him mentally and spiritually, with his soul increasingly darkened and twisted by each successive (and torturous) revival. I could see a similar rationale being discovered or implemented later, at least in the sense that being constantly revived might make people less appreciative of life and death and therefore more careless or even unempathetic.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 02-12-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.