Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Force #17 Spoiler/Review - The Thousand Deaths and One Life of Quentin Quire

The book opens up with a few times that QQ has died. An explosion, steamroller, acid bath bomb, mech grizzlies, katana to head, Wolverine, etc... Today is a good day not to die bc he has a date

On a cruise ship, QQ lands after being told about it possibly being a trap from Sage. He is the Omega and Wolverine and Logan are his sidekicks. He does some searching and finds a little girl crying

Data page from Beast. 3 reports of mutant aggression. 1. Sapiens put out a social media claim that mutants put mind control organics in their medicines. 2. The founder of the group flung himself out a window. 3. Mass murder of a cruise shop was staged near Krakoa

Quentin emrges from a resurrection pod and greeted by Phoebe. He wants to know how he died bc the blank spots between backups make him feel not whole

Resurrection Report from The Five proposing bio editing. Quentin has had many requests. Chanigng his hair color, eliminating focciles on his face at precise dimensions to avoid shaving, waxing. Adjusting eyes to secure 20/20 vision. Adjusting something redacted to precise dimensions. The Five find him annoying. The cosmetic changes are more than absurd bc they slow them down

NY, Quentin and Phoebe are at a hospital to investigate people who claim they were attacked by the X-men. Phoebe notices they have psionic scars from him. He has no idea what he did on the boat. He gets defensive about how everyone used to hate him and she calls him out on acting like the star of his own movie. He's insecure and scared. She doesnt think he killed those people. She gets him to put a psychic key in his head and he sees how he always knew he was adopted but chose not to remember. His bio parents saw him as a weak victim until he wasnt. He was adopted bc he made himself an orphan. Phoebe thanks him for sharing

Quentin doesnt want to die anymore. He meets Jumbo Carnation for an makeover and gets a new suit. Jumbo gets aggressive and we see the villians from the start of the series presumably controlling him

Last edited by Havok83; 02-10-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Here are some of the rejected looks

Astonishing Member

I actually really liked this issue probably the best issue in months lol

Percy has a good handle on QQ's voice and this is about as sympathetic as the character is gonna get I bet. Also is this the first time QQ has had an official superhero costume?

If you care about Quire this is a spectacular issue I don't at all so for me it was just solid.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really enjoyed this.

It was nice to see Quire take the spotlight and get some development, and to see some connection to Xeno having his body. Love the costume they created for him. A really great design that fits the character.

Didn't care for Kid Omega/Cuckoo romance. It was the weakest part IMO. I'm excited to see what Percy does with Sage when she gets some shine.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

What are these Cuckoos up to with Quentin and Cable? What’s their game?

Wait do we know who Q's real parents are have we seen them?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very good issue after a few underwhelming ones. It gave Quentin some much-needed depth and also made his ongoing deaths gag, well, less of a gag.

Not sure if it was established before that he was adopted. If not, I feel Percy might be setting him up to be the offspring of some other established mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Nobodies. They died years before QQ appeared

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Phoebe seems to have genuine feelings for him and ditto for Esme with Cable. I think the other 3 dont care for the guys and like to mess with them

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Very good issue after a few underwhelming ones. It gave Quentin some much-needed depth and also made his ongoing deaths gag, well, less of a gag.

Not sure if it was established before that he was adopted. If not, I feel Percy might be setting him up to be the offspring of some other established mutant?
    him being adopted was his origin story. He flipped out after he allegedly learned that
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-10-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    No, there have been theories of it being Xavier before but nothing substantial to say who they actually were.

Unpopular opinion but I liked it better when the cuckoos had distinguishable looks and personality, what they got goin on now seems like a huge stepback, though some may argue this is them finding their trueselves again but my opinion stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    They like twinks, don't judge them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Unpopular opinion but I liked it better when the cuckoos had distinguishable looks and personality, what they got goin on now seems like a huge stepback, though some may argue this is them finding their trueselves again but my opinion stands.
    It was fine when there were just three of them. But with Sophie and Esme back, I understand why they went back to the basic look.

If the my kept their individual looks, how would you let Esme and Sophie look?

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would honestly considering it was a spotlight on Quentin Quire. And his new look is fire.

Kid Omega > Kid Cable... by a country mile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hated it at first but came to realize it was one of the better thing Bendis did. The girls got some true character development and felt unique while still being part of a cohesive unit

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If the my kept their individual looks, how would you let Esme and Sophie look?
    The way they look now. Both would have the short straight blonde hair but Esme would have the black costume and Sophie, the white.