Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quentine Quire has been resurrected a thousand times and Mystique is still waiting on Destiny. Let that sit in

Mystique is truly the most tragic figure of the current era
    Mystique's vengeance will be a sight to behold, I'll wait for that definitely

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Mystique gonna throw Moira's ass in the pit

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Mystique's vengeance will be a sight to behold, I'll wait for that definitely
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Mystique gonna throw Moira's ass in the pit
    Worse. At this point, they are playing games in her face. Its insulting

Spectacular Member

I originally thought that Phoebe was just playing with Quentin but after the last two episodes it seems that she definitely cares about him. Like that she looked out for him by using her powers to observer through Healer. Clearly he dies alot as she has all there greatest moments stored and ready to send him as a reminder upon his return. Who knows maybe at some point he will manage to survive at least one mission so some of his dates might make it to his memory backup.

I think the Quiet council needs to enact a new law. Before resurrection protocols can be implemented and a new body created the old body must be retrieved or its destruction confirmed. The Xeno club seems well versed in being able to clone and manipulate the DNA of any mutant they acquire quite efficiently. One could only imagine if they ever managed to capture Magneto or Storm and the damage they could do.

Just what sort of device did the Xeno group come up with this time. This time it doesn't look like they grafted the power to a host like with Domino but created some sort of machine using Quentin's body parts. Also it seems that they are able to keep tabs on Quentin which would explain how they knew to target Jumbo when Quentin was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Unpopular opinion but I liked it better when the cuckoos had distinguishable looks and personality, what they got goin on now seems like a huge stepback, though some may argue this is them finding their trueselves again but my opinion stands.
    Unpopular or not, I definitely agree. I miss the individual looks that Bendis had given them in his run as they tried to seek out their own individuality. It was a nice bit of character evolution for the Cuckoos and gave them a chance to shine individually rather than just always being just a group.

I was loving this until i got to the end and then i was like. "oh lord, please not another redskull with Xavier brain type story." To this day that doesn't make any sense to me, taking the brain of a telepath giving you telepathic powers. I guess taking Storm brain will allow you to control the weather.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This was a good issue. QQ getting some focus was nice, although I was really hoping for follow up on Wolverine v Leviathan but I’ll have to wait for that it seems. The mystery surrounding QQ definitely has me interested though so I’m excited to see how that plays out as well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    I think the Quiet council needs to enact a new law. Before resurrection protocols can be implemented and a new body created the old body must be retrieved or its destruction confirmed. The Xeno club seems well versed in being able to clone and manipulate the DNA of any mutant they acquire quite efficiently. One could only imagine if they ever managed to capture Magneto or Storm and the damage they could do.
    If you stand back and look at the whole Nation of Krakoa thing so far, there is that underlying trend of the people in charge often acting sloppy, careless and overconfident. Which stands in stark contrast to how perfectly organized and planned Krakoa seemed when it started out in HOX/POX (in mysterious out of nowhere time skip induced by a massive retcon... hmm).

Now of course the argument could be made that they are a brand new nation, so everything is new for them, but i think that's a cheap excuse, because they don't exist in a bubble. The world is full of functional nations from the mighty industrial countries to the poor developing countries, plus millenia of history of successfull and failed nations. Enough examples to draw inspiration, informations and examples from.

Yet for a nation with seemingly no limits to resources, logistics and finances, filled with thousands of people with nothing else to do, they are apperently lacking in essential elements of organization, coordination and foresight.

Considering it took weeks if not months after the revival process has been put into full gear (aiming to revive MILLIONS of people) for an organization to be formed that actualy investigates and confirm the deaths of mutants, it's no suprise the espionage service (which is only a single randomly assembled team) has no team to confirm the KIA status of mutant operatives nor is concerned with recovering their corpses in order to prevent valuable DNA from getting into the hands of extremist with access to highly developed gene modding tech.

If not for their collective skills and experience as super heros/villains that makes them good at reacting towards hostile actions and Krakoa's ability to provide them with anything they need, it feels like the nation would have crumbled within months.

Overall it feels like Xavier's big plan was:
    1. Create the Nation Krakoa and invite all mutants to it.
    2. PARTY HARD!
    3. ???
    4. Mutants replace Humans. Yay!

Though of course, i understand all these short commings are likely necessary in order to keep the action going, though it can feel a bit cheaply written at times to me. Especialy since SWORD started out with everything perfectly organized and split into proper divisions.

I guess there could also be a bit of meta humor at play here, with how the super heros and villains who founded this nation being unable to go beyond thinking in small scale teams.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-10-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If you stand back and look at the whole Nation of Krakoa thing so far, there is that underlying trend of the people in charge often acting sloppy, careless and overconfident. Which stands in stark contrast to how perfectly organized and planned Krakoa seemed when it started out in HOX/POX (in mysterious out of nowhere time skip induced by a massive retcon... hmm).

Now of course the argument could be made that they are a brand new nation, so everything is new for them, but i think that's a cheap excuse, because they don't exist in a bubble. The world is full of functional nations from the mighty industrial countries to the poor developing countries, plus millenia of history of successfull and failed nations. Enough examples to draw inspiration, informations and examples from.

Yet for a nation with seemingly no limits to resources, logistics and finances, filled with thousands of people with nothing else to do, they are apperently lacking in essential elements of organization, coordination and foresight.

Considering it took weeks if not months after the revival process has been put into full gear (aiming to revive MILLIONS of people) for an organization to be formed that actualy investigates and confirm the deaths of mutants, it's no suprise the espionage service (which is only a single randomly assembled team) has no team to confirm the KIA status of mutant operatives nor is concerned with recovering their corpses in order to prevent valuable DNA from getting into the hands of extremist with access to highly developed gene modding tech.

If not for their collective skills and experience as super heros/villains that makes them good at reacting towards hostile actions and Krakoa's ability to provide them with anything they need, it feels like the nation would have crumbled within months.

2. PARTY HARD!
    3. ???

Though of course, i understand all these short commings are likely necessary in order to keep the action going, though it can feel a bit cheaply written at times to me. Especialy since SWORD started out with everything perfectly organized and split into proper divisions.

I guess there could also be a bit of meta humor at play here, with how the super heros and villains who founded this nation being unable to go beyond thinking in small scale teams.
    I don’t know where you got “Mutants replace humans,” but a lot of your other points are spot on. Krakoa is kinda a mess BUT how else are we gonna get books with tension?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was loving this until i got to the end and then i was like. "oh lord, please not another redskull with Xavier brain type story." To this day that doesn't make any sense to me, taking the brain of a telepath giving you telepathic powers. I guess taking Storm brain will allow you to control the weather.
    They must have gotten that from Heroes, where its arch-villain Sylar could copy other superpowered people's abilities by analyzing their brains after killing them and carving their heads open.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

2. PARTY HARD!
    3. ???

Technically, mutants outnumbering humans is already going to happen in two generations or two decades, so most of the plan with Krakoa is just to use it as an ever-renewable resource to protect and maintain mutant society in the face of mutantkind's many enemies and wait for humankind to do itself in out of sheer smallminded, shortsighted pettiness. Still, I see your point about the leadership of Krakoa being just as shortsighted and smallminded in its own way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They must have gotten that from Heroes, where its arch-villain Sylar could copy other superpowered people's abilities by analyzing their brains after killing them and carving their heads open.

Makes perfect sense, that's when that show lost me too. It just doesn't make sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t know where you got “Mutants replace humans,” but a lot of your other points are spot on. Krakoa is kinda a mess BUT how else are we gonna get books with tension?
    Yeah, there’s no point in analyzing the decisions since they’re driven by the writer creating tension rather than in-story logic. Especially when you have a writer like Percy, you have to just go with heroes being idiots and villains being super-amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Technically, mutants outnumbering humans is already going to happen in two generations or two decades, so most of the plan with Krakoa is just to use it as an ever-renewable resource to protect and maintain mutant society in the face of mutantkind's many enemies and wait for humankind to do itself in out of sheer smallminded, shortsighted pettiness. Still, I see your point about the leadership of Krakoa being just as shortsighted and smallminded in its own way.
    This is impossible, it would take millenia to mutants outnumber humans
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-10-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Indeed which was what i tried to sum up with "to keep the action going", as in the elements necessary for there to be constant dangers, issues and catastrophies to happen, so the heros can overcome it.
    Still the way the writers have done it so far, it often feels like it happens more on the cost of having the heros look foolish or overconfident, rather than comming from the quality of the villains.

As for where i get the "mutants will replace humans" thing from.
    Ever since the Morrison era, the X-men have been often written as seeing mutants replacing humanity as an inevitability thing to happen. Essentialy taking the whole "next step in evolution" moto and turning it into an objective (never mind that evolution doesnt work that way).
    No more "dream of co-existence" and instead "make space for us, for we are the future".

So with HoX/PoX also introducing the claim that mutants are always losing and humanity will be replaced by an artificaly empowered species of "post humans" anyway, it seems logical that Xavier's plan is essentialy to create a safe haven for mutants, apply economic power to prevent said safe haven from being attacked and then just wait out until all normal humans have been replaced by the comming generations of mutants who are also "immortal" because of the revival process.

What else would Xavier's endgame be in this current setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is impossible, it would take millenia to mutants outnumber humans
    In E is for Extinction. New X-men #116. Beast says humans are "programmed" to die out because of an "e-gene".
    Quote from a summary of the issue:
    "According to Beast, Cassandra is “the first of a new unforeseen species” and wants to wipe out mutants because they’re a threat to her kind on the evolutionary food chain. He also says that the human race will become extinct within three or four generations due to the mysterious E-gene. The gene is “a genetic trigger for extinction buried deep within the human genome” that activates when an entire species is about to disappear. The E-gene marks humanity’s end, leaving only mutants or creatures like Cassandra to inherit the Earth."

This of course non-sensical and unlikely to ever happen in the Marvel Comic Universe. But there it is.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-10-2021 at 07:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    I originally thought that Phoebe was just playing with Quentin but after the last two episodes it seems that she definitely cares about him. Like that she looked out for him by using her powers to observer through Healer. Clearly he dies alot as she has all there greatest moments stored and ready to send him as a reminder upon his return. Who knows maybe at some point he will manage to survive at least one mission so some of his dates might make it to his memory backup.

Just what sort of device did the Xeno group come up with this time. This time it doesn't look like they grafted the power to a host like with Domino but created some sort of machine using Quentin's body parts. Also it seems that they are able to keep tabs on Quentin which would explain how they knew to target Jumbo when Quentin was there.
    It's been established since House of X #5 that X-Force can overrun the resurrection protocols if they see fit. What you say about confirming the death and retrieving the body has always been there, so much so that it's the reason X-Factor exists. It's just that Beast, as leader of X-Force, has the power granted by the Council to bend the rules as long as it benefits the nation. This is just a result of giving him that level of power.