Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I only noticed now that Black Tom is peeking out of a manhole on the cover. I hate to say it, but it actualy sums up his role for most of the series so far.

As for the story, i wonder if the many deaths of Quentin are now a justification/explanation for why they revived him without making sure the one abducted by Mikhail was really dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Here are some of the rejected looks
    *pics*
    They really need a few more fashion designers among the mutants of Krakoa, if this one's output (not just here) is any indicator on his overall quality. The Shi'ar costume printer machine the X-men once had seems to be more creative than him. The Morlocks could likely make a fancier collection of outfits than him and they work with rags primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I only noticed now that Black Tom is peeking out of a manhole on the cover. I hate to say it, but it actualy sums up his role for most of the series so far.

As for the story, i wonder if the many deaths of Quentin are now a justification/explanation for why they revived him without making sure the one abducted by Mikhail was really dead?

They really need a few more fashion designers among the mutants of Krakoa, if this one's output (not just here) is any indicator on his overall quality. The Shi'ar costume printer machine the X-men once had seems to be more creative than him. The Morlocks could likely make a fancier collection of outfits than him and they work with rags primarily.
    well that was the point. It was a gag and these werent meant to be creative. These are riffs of other characters. I see Wolverine, Cable, Glob, I think Hyperion and Im unsure who the others were supposed to be

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well that was the point. It was a gag and these werent meant to be creative. These are riffs of other characters. I see Wolverine, Cable, Glob, I think Hyperion and Im unsure who the others were supposed to be
    The post apocalyse one is obviously one to Mad Max 2 and 3 (and by extension Fist of the North Star). The "clingy" one i can't say either though.

Also i think that's not Hyperior but Gladiator, hence his "too shi'ar".

Overall though, i just like to poke fun at that there being only one named outfit designer presented or implied to be on Krakoa and how the oufits attributed to him have so far not been anything special compared to every other super hero costumes, fancy Emma Frost outfit or normal wear in X-men comics over the years (also his outfit for Callisto is just her normal wear bleached white). So i admit it's not a real point of critic, but just fun on my part.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-10-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Solid issue for those who enjoy QQ. I'm actually enjoying his romance with Phoebe, but I have some issues with it.

When it comes to Quetin it feels like he's dating her because she's a Cuckoo instead of being herself. Remember when he was obsessed with Sophie? Even when they were five he was interested in her and only her. He even tried to bring her back from the dead with the PF with the other sisters alive. It wasn't about he looks, it was about her. But the trend of showing him being obsessed with the Cuckoos instead of one of them has beeng going on for some years now.
    stepford_cuckoos09.jpg

Now off to Phoebe. She went from despising him (see image above) to making out with him out of nowhere. I feel like Percy could've explored the beginning of their relationship a little bit better because it felt forced, even if it's enjoyable now. To his point, Phoebe was the only good option to be with QQ out of the 5. 3 of them have shown some kind of disgust towards Quire before, except for Esme, who is having her own romance with Cable.

Back to the issue itself, it was very enjoyable. Phoebe supporting him was cute, the art was great, his new look is really good. Storywise the only thing that bothered me is QQ being depicted as having pink hair since he was a child even though he had brown hair and dying his hair pink was the turning pointing for getting the character we have today.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Picked up this issue after skipping the last to see if Percy did anything interesting with Quentin. It was alright. Nothing really added to Quentin's story that other writers haven't also tried. He keeps getting set up to be in a place where he wants to change for the better, but then whatever book he's in ends and the next writer resets and repeats. Maybe this one will stick? Hate the new costume, it's boring. Although the writing of Quentin and Phoebe was very sweet, I still greatly dislike this pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It was fine when there were just three of them. But with Sophie and Esme back, I understand why they went back to the basic look.

If the my kept their individual looks, how would you let Esme and Sophie look?
    Well for starters IMO Esme should have never been brought back canon wise her last appearance was her trying to kill her sisters but that was just swept under the rug ya know cause Krakoa demands it I guess, as far as Sophie I would made her a brunette, and if she was the only one ressurected her catching up with today's world and finding her self now that the other 3 have grown and moved on would have been a great story to tell.

BANNED

Damn, this was the best writing Percy displayed for X-Force in like almost a year??? Anyway, pretty fun issue! I like how he does the lonely sadboy bit with Quentin better than Aaron did.

The art was also gorgeous, really great stuff. I'm glad for whoever scouted Cassara, because this man keeps on improving. It was obvious from the get go that the Quentin that Xeno and Mikhail caught was the problem with this issue, but it was handled with skill.

Quentine Quire has been resurrected a thousand times and Mystique is still waiting on Destiny. Let that sit in

Mystique is truly the most tragic figure of the current era

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I like that Phoebe gets some focus. Why? The other 4 all played part that focused on them separately. Esme as the evil one, Mindee/Irma as the arrogant one had some solo moments in the past, with Gambit and at the start of DoX, Celeste was the main in Phoenix End Song and Sophie was the good sister. Phoebe rarely spoke up and was the most quiet one. So now we get to see more of her personality. Liking it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Solid issue for those who enjoy QQ. I'm actually enjoying his romance with Phoebe, but I have some issues with it.

When it comes to Quetin it feels like he's dating her because she's a Cuckoo instead of being herself. Remember when he was obsessed with Sophie? Even when they were five he was interested in her and only her. He even tried to bring her back from the dead with the PF with the other sisters alive. It wasn't about he looks, it was about her. But the trend of showing him being obsessed with the Cuckoos instead of one of them has beeng going on for some years now.
    stepford_cuckoos09.jpg

Now off to Phoebe. She went from despising him (see image above) to making out with him out of nowhere. I feel like Percy could've explored the beginning of their relationship a little bit better because it felt forced, even if it's enjoyable now. To his point, Phoebe was the only good option to be with QQ out of the 5. 3 of them have shown some kind of disgust towards Quire before, except for Esme, who is having her own romance with Cable.

Back to the issue itself, it was very enjoyable. Phoebe supporting him was cute, the art was great, his new look is really good. Storywise the only thing that bothered me is QQ being depicted as having pink hair since he was a child even though he had brown hair and dying his hair pink was the turning pointing for getting the character we have today.
    Well Krakoa era is like they just jump into the story instead of developing it, just makes it weak and forced.

Seems like wrong sister was choosen and a very cliche romance.

That scene is so classic, better die than date Quentin. Too bad they needed a GF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Enjoyed it more than I thought I would honestly considering it was a spotlight on Quentin Quire. And his new look is fire.

Kid Omega > Kid Cable... by a country mile!!!
    I don't know why but I thought you were a fellow member of the Quentin Choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I like that Phoebe gets some focus. Why? The other 4 all played part that focused on them separately. Esme as the evil one, Mindee/Irma as the arrogant one had some solo moments in the past, with Gambit and at the start of DoX, Celeste was the main in Phoenix End Song and Sophie was the good sister. Phoebe rarely spoke up and was the most quiet one. So now we get to see more of her personality. Liking it.
    I think you have a bit of this mixxed up, which I cant blame you bc different writers have done different things. With the exception of Esme and Celeste, they all were "good" IMO.

Sophie was the leader. In Morrison's run, she came across as the one that took charge

Phoebe was initially the arrogant one and the lead in Warsong. She was power hungry there and craved the destructive power of it. She would later be the one that idealized Jean and wanted to emulate her and shared some of her qualities

Celeste was the most compassionate sister in Warsong. She got emotional at the thought of losing her sisters and wanted them to stick together. Under Bendis, she became arrogant. Celeste was the one that was a bitch to Teen Jean and all about keeping the sisters as a unit. She lashed out when Irma changed her hair and her emotions were a result of that fear of losing her sisters. They all were snarky, but she was the worst when it came to Emma in the Jean solo

Irma was the rebel that wanted to explore her indiviudality. She was the first to change her hair color

Astonishing Member

I think qq is being attacked by the qq hybrid Michale had xeno make using qq body

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't know why but I thought you were a fellow member of the Quentin Choir.
    I’ve warmed up to him over time. Wasn’t initially a fan, and especially not on an X-Force team. But now I’m enjoying both the character and his role in XF.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The post apocalyse one is obviously one to Mad Max 2 and 3 (and by extension Fist of the North Star). The "clingy" one i can't say either though.
    I think the clingy one might be Cyclops' full body suit